• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it possible to get LTF Magnus for new Burgundy accounts?

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello guys
I am considering opening a new burgundy account and I have the following queries.
I was holding magnus last year and I closed it in February 2024. Since then, I am using a paid Atlas. I don't have any other relationship with Axis.

1. Can I open a new burgundy account and request for a LTF Magnus? If not LTF, atleast FYF?
2. Can I request that my Atlas be made LTF?
3. How soon can I expect to receive the card if approved?
4. If burgundy criteria is not met after few months, is there any penalty or I'll just loose the 5:4 privilege? What happens to the LTF card?

Let me clarify my purpose:
1. I need to keep a large amount in some savings account (for liquidity) for around 6 months only. So this seems to be the most rewarding deal if they give me LTF/FYF Magnus.
2. I need to make 10L down payment for a new car. M4B seems much more rewarding than Atlas for this amount! As per my calculations, a paid M4B is also more rewarding than Atlas for this transaction. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Please guide! Thanks in advance

@maynigam what route you are following now ?? I am in the same boat, opened a Burgundy account today, they said that within 2 weeks they'll issue the Magnus Burgundy card but can't waive off the joining fees.

Do you see any miss here ??

for me the agent said that they'll open account with 5L funding and using the OGS next month, they'll apply for m4b. But I confirmed with m4b team, they said this will lead to application rejection.

for me the agent said that they'll open account with 5L funding and using the OGS next month, they'll apply for m4b. But I confirmed with m4b team, they said this will lead to application rejection.
Agent is bluffing just to get you to open account. Ask him to provide this in writing from his axis email.

What did you write about pioneer account earlier? Did not understand
Indusind Pioneer is premium account of Indusind which needs 10L balance or 30L FD. It gives you Pioneer DC as well as makes u eligible for Pioneer Heritage Metal CC (which some have got for 15K fees). Check both online and see if its ok for your use.

Have you tried speaking to a branch BM or RM directly by visiting the branch? They may have a different suggestion. Agents have targets to open accounts and not sure if all of them say the truth

Have you tried speaking to a branch BM or RM directly by visiting the branch? They may have a different suggestion. Agents have targets to open accounts and not sure if all of them say the truth
Agent is bluffing just to get you to open account. Ask him to provide this in writing from his axis email.
yeah I didnt fall for it, the agent was lying just to get the account opened

Last edited:
No. In that case he will have to close his Magnus card before account downgrade. Its next to impossible to get axis to reverse fees once charged.
he can choose not to activate Magnus.
also axis gives one month to close the card once fees is charged. this only works if you haven't made any transaction after fees is charged. in my case, renewal fees was charged on magnus before I closed it. just call them and ask them to close, they will reverse charges and close the card.

Went to Brach, BM was known person. They asked for 5 lakh check and ITR above 40 lakh. And opened the burgundy account. Not sure if that is sufficient to get Burgundy magnus card.
This will open a burgundy account but most likely will not qualify you for m4b.
I was also promised the same but didn't go through it.

Back