• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is jio payment bank worth it as replacement of Paytm payment bank?

cardy

TF Ace
So I have multiple accounts for specific financial tasks and transactions but Paytm was the one for all types of linking, UPI , adding in all the apps etc, because I don't like to use my main accounts in every app.

Suppose i am going to try a new UPI app I add Paytm eyes closed no fear because I transfer money to Paytm as and when required.

Now it's not an option ( yeah I know about 29feb) so opting for an alternative. Is jio payment bank may be a substitute to Paytm bank?

How good is actually jio payment bank? Anyone using jio payment bank can share some valuable information for guidance...

Yeah I searched with multiple variations of jio payment bank for a thread but couldn't find a complete information, if exists within other thread please point out.

timva

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I've been using Jio payments Bank for quite a few years now. I've linked it to apps like Gpay, Phonepe, Cred etc. and it works flawlessly.
One good thing is you can add money into JPB via other bank debit card and earn points as well 😜
Some things you need to keep in mind is that sometimes it goes under maintenance for 2-3 days and all transactions would fail in those days but it happens rarely.
Also, keep in mind that their support system is not that great.
My advice would be to just use it for small day today upi transactions and avoid large amount of transactions.

cardy

TF Ace
I've been using Jio payments Bank for quite a few years now. I've linked it to apps like Gpay, Phonepe, Cred etc. and it works flawlessly.
One good thing is you can add money into JPB via other bank debit card and earn points as well 😜
Some things you need to keep in mind is that sometimes it goes under maintenance for 2-3 days and all transactions would fail in those days but it happens rarely.
My advice would be to just use it for small day today upi transactions and avoid large amount of transactions.
Yeah I need for small value transactions only

_na_cheese

TF Premier
What are the charges
Is it free for fully digital like paytm?

timva

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yeah I need for small value transactions only
Then you can use it without any hesitation .
What are the charges
Is it free for fully digital like paytm?
Yes, it's like a true zero balance account.
One more thing - You won't be getting a physical debit card.
Also, the virtual debit card won't have a CVV, so you won't be able to make online transactions but it'll be enough to link with UPI.

Phonix_YT

TF Select
RBL signature plus will also work?

So I have multiple accounts for specific financial tasks and transactions but Paytm was the one for all types of linking, UPI , adding in all the apps etc, because I don't like to use my main accounts in every app.

Suppose i am going to try a new UPI app I add Paytm eyes closed no fear because I transfer money to Paytm as and when required.

Now it's not an option ( yeah I know about 29feb) so opting for an alternative. Is jio payment bank may be a substitute to Paytm bank?

How good is actually jio payment bank? Anyone using jio payment bank can share some valuable information for guidance...

Yeah I searched with multiple variations of jio payment bank for a thread but couldn't find a complete information, if exists within other thread please point out.
JUMPING FROM FRYING PAN INTO FIRE

AVOID JIO

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
might get patched soon?

its_karan

TF Ace
Is jio payment bank may be a substitute to Paytm bank?
1707834047493.png
Use Indie DC and get 0.5%, possible?