• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

is SBI management beyond repair?

ltf4ever

TF Ace
is sbi a hopelessly gone case when it comes to any customer service?

context:
my dad has gone to the branch for getting some work done that can be only done offline.
while he was in queue at number 2, the peon approached the lady at the counter with some paperwork that was sent by the branch manager which contained an HNI customer's requests.

the time was just 10 min before lunch time. by the time she finished with the BM's request, it was lunch time and she straightaway left the window for her lunch. when my father pointed this out, she had the audacity to shout at him saying that she was also doing office work only, it was BM's orders, etc.

now I know that if it was any other standard bank, I could highlight this to authorities with a formal complaint. but I don't have any faith in SBI's escalation matrix. and my complaint is not going to resolve the decades old mismanagement and customer service issues that SBI is famous for.

my question is, has any member of this community found any trick or jugaad that can instill fear in the minds of SBI employees into doing their work on time and leave aside the govt job type of vibe?

[end of rant]

If you are dealing with SBI or any Govt bank, provide them with good business. Branch Manager will help you. Help them to help you.
The issue here is, we give good business to private banks and expect the free service from Govt bank.
Govt banks are not for you, They are for masses.
So this means if we just want to avail some basic facilities from a public bank and we are poor (cant provide business to the bank) we will be treated like shit

it is a sad state but yes this is what it is
if you are not a cash cow for the bank
they will indirectly say F**k off to you
Then I'll gladly complaint everytime I'm denied my rights and services
Also I'll say to the banks:
well-screw-you-too-kevin-hart.gif

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I guess its more than 7-8 yrs ago itself RBI had clarified that a bank can't make its customers to wait saying lunch time, so when the lady left for lunch they should have moved the queue to some other counter and its definitely a worthy/sure win case if you drag them to court :D but yeah if you had managed to get a video or even more sure shot win if we have it recorded of these words/lines from her and claim compensation on grounds of mental agony inflicted by the bank branch 😂
Mental agony 😂.. Delhi highcourt martial lawyer uff 😁😁

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
If you are dealing with SBI or any Govt bank, provide them with good business. Branch Manager will help you. Help them to help you.
The issue here is, we give good business to private banks and expect the free service from Govt bank.
You can't run away from obligation..
This is same argument you didn't do anything good so bad happened to you .

People takes things for granted.. being educated means being confident and knowing your rights ..
You can be poor still get respect .. bank wasn't for HNi customer.

amit90

TF Premier
Once in year 2018 i visited a sbi branch to get DD of approx 16,000/- . But clerk madam sitting there denied to issue DD. She made excuse that "Machine kharab hai, kal aana". I asked her name then she said "Aapko mere se naam se kya". Then i said "Aapke against me complain krunga". She said "Jo karna hai kar lo". Then i met BM in that branch.. BM also requested me to visit next day.. He also said DD machine is not working. I also told to BM, if DD is not issued today, i will complain about you. BM was also like "Jo karna hai kar lo". I was too much angry that time. I called to toll free no. of SBI 1800112211. But it took more than 1 hour to connect to customer care executive (may be customer support team were taking lunch 😅). That time there was no option to complain on that toll free no. but Customer Support Executive escalated my call to some other customer support executive when i told him about my problem. Then CS executive asked me that did you talk with BM of branch. I said yes, BM is also not helping. Surprisingly he gave me SBI's Nodal Officers Landline number. I didn't call Nodal Officer but i met BM again and told him that your customer support has given me this no. then he requested me to not call on that no. He will get the DD issued me asap. Then he took the DD challan & Cash from me and printed the DD. My work was done, i didn't call to Nodal Officer.
Now whenever i get in problem with these imprudent clerks. I meet to BM and tell my past incidents with bank staffs :D, How i get my work done, how i will complain in proper channel and may go to RBI Ombudsman too, if my work is not done properly. Then my work is done asap.
Main Key is that You need to fight with them with your knowledge and awareness.

techt

TF Legend
Once in year 2018 i visited a sbi branch to get DD of approx 16,000/- . But clerk madam sitting there denied to issue DD. She made excuse that "Machine kharab hai, kal aana". I asked her name then she said "Aapko mere se naam se kya". Then i said "Aapke against me complain krunga". She said "Jo karna hai kar lo". Then i met BM in that branch.. BM also requested me to visit next day.. He also said DD machine is not working. I also told to BM, if DD is not issued today, i will complain about you. BM was also like "Jo karna hai kar lo". I was too much angry that time. I called to toll free no. of SBI 1800112211. But it took more than 1 hour to connect to customer care executive (may be customer support team were taking lunch 😅). That time there was no option to complain on that toll free no. but Customer Support Executive escalated my call to some other customer support executive when i told him about my problem. Then CS executive asked me that did you talk with BM of branch. I said yes, BM is also not helping. Surprisingly he gave me SBI's Nodal Officers Landline number. I didn't call Nodal Officer but i met BM again and told him that your customer support has given me this no. then he requested me to not call on that no. He will get the DD issued me asap. Then he took the DD challan & Cash from me and printed the DD. My work was done, i didn't call to Nodal Officer.
Now whenever i get in problem with these imprudent clerks. I meet to BM and tell my past incidents with bank staffs :D, How i get my work done, how i will complain in proper channel and may go to RBI Ombudsman too, if my work is not done properly. Then my work is done asap.
Main Key is that You need to fight with them with your knowledge and awareness

Open a new thread on how to get things done in sbi.

mrbanker

TF Select
They used to have Intouch branded branches at a few urban locations where the customer service levels used to be at par with private banks. Now it's only the Wealth segment Exclusif branches which gets their best staff.

Trust Me

TF Ace
They used to have Intouch branded branches at a few urban locations where the customer service levels used to be at par with private banks. Now it's only the Wealth segment Exclusif branches which gets their best staff.

I used to get excellent service from a so-called "SPB" branch on St. Mark's Road in Bangalore years back.

In contrast, another branch in an old building in the same complex (where I had my PPF account), used to provide the kind of service level that is being discussed here!

Don't know if those SPB branches were re-branded later as InTouch branches. Now don't see any such branches anymore in other places.

It's fortunate that now I rarely need to visit a branch, with pretty much everything done via netbanking which is very good.

Trust Me

TF Ace
Seedha branch manager se dosti karo, aadhi problems ka yahi solution hai. Iske baad seedha uske pass hi jao, vo kaam karva ke dega.

Mere SBI wale branch ke manager ne apna personal number bhi de rakha hai aur har baar chai aur parle-G bhi offer karta hai. 😅

The problem with this approach is that it depends entirely on one's luck, and requires a BM who is amenable to personal rapport. I've had several friendly ones, as well as a couple of arrogant ones who I hated to even meet.

vega

TF Premier
is sbi a hopelessly gone case when it comes to any customer service?

context:
my dad has gone to the branch for getting some work done that can be only done offline.
while he was in queue at number 2, the peon approached the lady at the counter with some paperwork that was sent by the branch manager which contained an HNI customer's requests.

the time was just 10 min before lunch time. by the time she finished with the BM's request, it was lunch time and she straightaway left the window for her lunch. when my father pointed this out, she had the audacity to shout at him saying that she was also doing office work only, it was BM's orders, etc.

now I know that if it was any other standard bank, I could highlight this to authorities with a formal complaint. but I don't have any faith in SBI's escalation matrix. and my complaint is not going to resolve the decades old mismanagement and customer service issues that SBI is famous for.

my question is, has any member of this community found any trick or jugaad that can instill fear in the minds of SBI employees into doing their work on time and leave aside the govt job type of vibe?

[end of rant]
Don't lose faith. Now a days, they are begging for feedback. So just raise a complaint.

Last edited:
Let me add few more points:

1)Govt banks are not for all. They are there to serve poor people.
2)Private banks are there for luxury service.
Low end car buyers can not expect Audi/Benz car features.
3)Nothing is free. Either it is freemium (Govt banks) or premium (Pvt banks).
4)People often waste their time and (others time) by complaining against the Govt banks.
Lacs of complaints were registered for the last 30 years, is there any change ?
5)Just do FD of 10L in Govt banks and see the positive results. Else stop going there unless it is must.

amit90

TF Premier

4)People often waste their time and (others time) by complaining against the Govt banks.
5)Just do FD of 10L in Govt banks and see the positive results. Else stop going there unless it is must.
Not Agree with all your points.. Once Bank Of Baroda branch Clerk & BM was denying me to open Savings A/c. I complained to RBI Ombudsman, after that they opened my a/c, I only maintain 25k in a/c but they treat me like VIP now because they know that i am aware, I not only talk, i also take actions and it is not easy to fool me by making lame excuses.

amit90

TF Premier

https://www.technofino.in/community...f-baroda-savings-account-rbi-ombudsman.15242/ Go through this