is SBI management beyond repair?

ltf4ever

is sbi a hopelessly gone case when it comes to any customer service?

context:
my dad has gone to the branch for getting some work done that can be only done offline.
while he was in queue at number 2, the peon approached the lady at the counter with some paperwork that was sent by the branch manager which contained an HNI customer's requests.

the time was just 10 min before lunch time. by the time she finished with the BM's request, it was lunch time and she straightaway left the window for her lunch. when my father pointed this out, she had the audacity to shout at him saying that she was also doing office work only, it was BM's orders, etc.

now I know that if it was any other standard bank, I could highlight this to authorities with a formal complaint. but I don't have any faith in SBI's escalation matrix. and my complaint is not going to resolve the decades old mismanagement and customer service issues that SBI is famous for.

my question is, has any member of this community found any trick or jugaad that can instill fear in the minds of SBI employees into doing their work on time and leave aside the govt job type of vibe?

[end of rant]

thegame

I guess its more than 7-8 yrs ago itself RBI had clarified that a bank can't make its customers to wait saying lunch time, so when the lady left for lunch they should have moved the queue to some other counter and its definitely a worthy/sure win case if you drag them to court :D but yeah if you had managed to get a video or even more sure shot win if we have it recorded of these words/lines from her and claim compensation on grounds of mental agony inflicted by the bank branch 😂

Yugi

In the same boat. They have absurd policies and no respect for the customer. They spend crores of rupees to make ads with Dhoni that they have set aside the Lunch culture but ground reality is very different. They don't care attitude make my blood boil but can't do anything. They have this absurd Home Branch rule which further complicates things, if we have opened account in hometown, it becomes next to impossible to get anything done from your current place.

In your father's case they could have just implemented a queue system, where they give tokens or stop new people entering the queue close to lunch time, clear the queue and go for lunch. Not telling it is wrong to go for lunch, but person patiently waiting in the queue without any regard to customer they leave is a horrible thing to do. Sometimes they don't even answer properly, I am customer who is giving them business, not there to take money from them.

Ask them for complaint register, write a complaint, if they refuse call the customer care before them. Take a photo on complaint and post it on Twitter. I know they might still not do anything about it, but if many people do it they will take some corrective measures.

That's why I have all my salary relationships with private banks.

pothi

I guess its more than 7-8 yrs ago itself RBI had clarified that a bank can't make its customers to wait saying lunch time, so when the lady left for lunch they should have moved the queue to some other counter and its definitely a worthy/sure win case if you drag them to court :D but yeah if you had managed to get a video or even more sure shot win if we have it recorded of these words/lines from her and claim compensation on grounds of mental agony inflicted by the bank branch 😂
I don't know about SBI, but some banks I visited recently have cameras all over their common areas and every activity is captured by at least one camera.

Its a long one so bear with me,
1st hit: i visited the branch to get a new passbook for my father. Asked the person politely what is tue procedure to get a new passbook. He said just fill the form and ac holder must be present. Later I returned with the filled form and brought my father alongside only to find out they need a latest passport size photo and kyc documents.
i asked him why didnt he tell me before when i asked and he pointed me to the clock and said its 3:50 pm now plz come tomorro with all the documents.
i was infuriate, i went quickly and managed to get back in time with the necessary documents and got the new passbook on the same day.

2nd hit: i visited the bank with my father to get the passbook updated as on the previous day i barely managed to get a new passbook in the nick of time.
i gave the passbo to the relevant authority and he took it but then another person from another counter (this was the person from the last time) came and took the passbook and shouted who is Mr. xxx (my surname) and said this passbook cant be printed as it does not have the latest photo plz change it ans visit again.
i was thinking i just recently got the new passbook and how did he give me stamp on my old photo if its not valid?
i was done with this guy and so i asked the person (to whom i gave the passbook) his name and approached the branch manager to complaint.
But the branch manager was totally a useless person instead of listening and solving my query he was taking his employees side.

Here i decided i’ll take a more educated approach i.e complaint online
my father is a senior citizen, so he should get all the bank services without hassel (atleast not the one which we faced)
so i googled some email ids and found a couple of them namely
- circle head
- state head
i mailed both of them writing in detail about the incident and mentioned the branch name employee name and everything (this was around 11:30pm)

on the next morning my father was on a journey and he started to get multiple calla from his colleagues and some of them were of relatives they all asked about my name and asked whether i lodged any complain.
my father said yes he lodged a complaint and they were requesting to take back the complain, but father said no i wont take back.
even received many calls from that employee saying sorry i wont repeat and all plz take back your complaint orelse ill get transferred.

when i later enquired about that employee there have been multiple complaints against him at the branch manager level but seems like the BM suppressed them all.

btw he still works in the same branch as of today

ltf4ever

I have successfully raised a complaint against sbi employe and he had called me some 17-18 times saying sorry

Please tell us the procedure how to raise this kind of complaint to get a response from them. I don't want their sorry but I want them to stop mistreating the customers.
yes please share the method you used.

if i was there I could have taken the video and all, but again going to court even if sureshot win, is too much of a hassle. and these SBI folks know that.

i am fine with waiting in queues and also fine with their lunch times. but encouraging queue cutting, shouting at the customer when customer points out and giving gyaan was totally uncalled for.

i guess they satisfy their fetish of humiliating customers without any repercussions. line me wait karana hai to karao, par zaleel karne ki kya zarurat? even I have to leave my self respect and dignity at home when drawing up the courage to visit SBI.

Pankhuri

SBI have cameras behind counters, so it would be recorded from their side.

ltf4ever

Its a long one so bear with me,
1st hit: i visited the branch to get a new passbook for my father. Asked the person politely what is tue procedure to get a new passbook. He said just fill the form and ac holder must be present. Later I returned with the filled form and brought my father alongside only to find out they need a latest passport size photo and kyc documents.
i asked him why didnt he tell me before when i asked and he pointed me to the clock and said its 3:50 pm now plz come tomorro with all the documents.
i was infuriate, i went quickly and managed to get back in time with the necessary documents and got the new passbook on the same day.

2nd hit: i visited the bank with my father to get the passbook updated as on the previous day i barely managed to get a new passbook in the nick of time.
i gave the passbo to the relevant authority and he took it but then another person from another counter (this was the person from the last time) came and took the passbook and shouted who is Mr. xxx (my surname) and said this passbook cant be printed as it does not have the latest photo plz change it ans visit again.
i was thinking i just recently got the new passbook and how did he give me stamp on my old photo if its not valid?
i was done with this guy and so i asked the person (to whom i gave the passbook) his name and approached the branch manager to complaint.
But the branch manager was totally a useless person instead of listening and solving my query he was taking his employees side.

Here i decided i’ll take a more educated approach i.e complaint online
my father is a senior citizen, so he should get all the bank services without hassel (atleast not the one which we faced)
so i googled some email ids and found a couple of them namely
- circle head
- state head
i mailed both of them writing in detail about the incident and mentioned the branch name employee name and everything (this was around 11:30pm)

on the next morning my father was on a journey and he started to get multiple calla from his colleagues and some of them were of relatives they all asked about my name and asked whether i lodged any complain.
my father said yes he lodged a complaint and they were requesting to take back the complain, but father said no i wont take back.
even received many calls from that employee saying sorry i wont repeat and all plz take back your complaint orelse ill get transferred.

when i later enquired about that employee there have been multiple complaints against him at the branch manager level but seems like the BM suppressed them all.

btw he still works in the same branch as of today
so in the end, was any action taken or not? as you said that the employee still works at the branch even though you didn't take back the complaint.
and thats that reason I am hesitant to make a complaint, fearing retaliation from the branch employees. i stay outside the city and they might harass my father in the future for even small things.
i might DM you separately in the future if I need to get hold of the complaint email ids. this is a ray of hope ,,👍

Strange

context:
my dad has gone to the branch for getting some work done that can be only done offline.
while he was in queue at number 2, the peon approached the lady at the counter with some paperwork that was sent by the branch manager which contained an HNI customer's requests.

the time was just 10 min before lunch time. by the time she finished with the BM's request, it was lunch time and she straightaway left the window for her lunch. when my father pointed this out, she had the audacity to shout at him saying that she was also doing office work only, it was BM's orders, etc.

now I know that if it was any other standard bank, I could highlight this to authorities with a formal complaint. but I don't have any faith in SBI's escalation matrix. and my complaint is not going to resolve the decades old mismanagement and customer service issues that SBI is famous for.

my question is, has any member of this community found any trick or jugaad that can instill fear in the minds of SBI employees into doing their work on time and leave aside the govt job type of vibe?

[end of rant]
Register a complaint against that employee on this portal.

Pankhuri

They have camera but what about Audio? Staff can easily make excuses.
Usually what excuses they make has no bearing. If the manager is protecting them, it won't matter, but if the issue is big enough or complainant is connected enough, that manager won't or can't protect them then it doesn't matter.

For example, it would clearly show that the employee kept the man standing and then went on her lunch break without either transferring him to another counter or completing his work. That already is in violation of RBI guidelines.

so in the end, was any action taken or not? as you said that the employee still works at the branch even though you didn't take back the complaint.
and thats that reason I am hesitant to make a complaint, fearing retaliation from the branch employees. i stay outside the city and they might harass my father in the future for even small things.
i might DM you separately in the future if I need to get hold of the complaint email ids. this is a ray of hope ,,👍
Tho he works in the same branch but he is a lot quite these days. No nonsense behaviour from him

context:

[end of rant]
Seedha branch manager se dosti karo, aadhi problems ka yahi solution hai. Iske baad seedha uske pass hi jao, vo kaam karva ke dega.

Mere SBI wale branch ke manager ne apna personal number bhi de rakha hai aur har baar chai aur parle-G bhi offer karta hai. 😅

If once you complaint against them, they/he will have to think a lakh times before raising a voice against you or any other person in branch. SBI employees behave in such arrogant manner, bcoz most of its customers who visit branch are from rural area/uneducated ones who do not have knowledge of all these matters. So they just take the advantage and think all customers are same.

ltf4ever

If once you complaint against them, they/he will have to think a lakh times before raising a voice against you or any other person in branch. SBI employees behave in such arrogant manner, bcoz most of its customers who visit branch are from rural area/uneducated ones who do not have knowledge of all these matters. So they just take the advantage and think all customers are same.
makes sense.
maybe they are like this still, because people don't complain thinking that nothing will happen.
will definitely remember to do my part next time.