• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Issue with Missing Reward Points on HDFC Business MoneyBack Credit Card

imrtbpsp

TF Select
I have an HDFC Business MoneyBack Credit Card that was issued to me in June 2023. As part of an offer, I was informed that if I spent ₹1,80,000 within one year (from June 2023 to May 2024), I would receive 2500 reward points.Throughout this period, I spent well over ₹1,80,000, but I haven’t received the promised reward points.
When I contacted HDFC's customer care, they told me that the amount had to be spent specifically in the "retail category." However, I have checked their website, terms and conditions, and other related documents, and nowhere is it mentioned that the ₹1,80,000 needs to be spent only in the retail category to earn these reward points.Even today, their website only mentions that you need to spend ₹1,80,000 in an anniversary year to qualify for the 2500 reward points, with no mention of a retail category restriction. This lack of clear communication is frustrating. Has anyone else faced a similar issue with HDFC or another bank? How did you handle it? Any advice on what I should do next would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20240819_233842.jpg
    IMG_20240819_233842.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240223_111634.jpg
    IMG_20240223_111634.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 4
I have an HDFC Business MoneyBack Credit Card that was issued to me in June 2023. As part of an offer, I was informed that if I spent ₹1,80,000 within one year (from June 2023 to May 2024), I would receive 2500 reward points.Throughout this period, I spent well over ₹1,80,000, but I haven’t received the promised reward points.
When I contacted HDFC's customer care, they told me that the amount had to be spent specifically in the "retail category." However, I have checked their website, terms and conditions, and other related documents, and nowhere is it mentioned that the ₹1,80,000 needs to be spent only in the retail category to earn these reward points.Even today, their website only mentions that you need to spend ₹1,80,000 in an anniversary year to qualify for the 2500 reward points, with no mention of a retail category restriction. This lack of clear communication is frustrating. Has anyone else faced a similar issue with HDFC or another bank? How did you handle it? Any advice on what I should do next would be greatly appreciated.
You can escalate a level further if you want, but I don't think HDFC would budge.

You should complain to RBI Ombudsman with these details and ask for monetary compensation as well.

Back