• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ITR processing delay. "Has your ITR been processed yet?"

I'm now waiting on family members refunds (a rare year when I've overpaid taxes for all of us!) and coz mine's come.. I'm really hoping theirs comes super soon !

- Although the Intimation Letter says "Your Return for A.Y. 2024-25 has been processed. There is no payment due" on top of the page, I noticed that, in the row "Interest and Fee Payable" it shows ₹1 more in the column "As computed u/s 143(1)" than the value mentioned under the column "As provided by taxpayer." Whereas this value was calculated by their system automatically while filing the ITR! I hadn't edited any details (Didn't even use any tool to file the ITR. Just used their online portal directly to enter the details). So how could there be a discrepancy?

- As a result, in the row "Balance," under the column "As provided by Taxpayer" it shows zero, however under the column "As computed u/s 143(1)" it shows ₹10.

I have noticed similar discrepancies routinely over the years too.

My guess is, it is caused by imperfect rounding-off done at various stages. Sometimes they round-off to the nearest 10.

In my view, in these days when everything is computerized, such kind of rounding-off is completely unnecessary, and even plain stupid.

All they need to do is round-off to the nearest rupee right at the very last stage.

Ok!!
So finally my ITR 1 got processed today 🎉🎉
Submitted on July 10th*

Portal still shows under processing but received email of itr intimation with amount+ interest

Ok!!
So finally my ITR 1 got processed today 🎉🎉
Submitted on July 10th*

Portal still shows under processing but received email of itr intimation with amount+ interest
Of late, the portal is taking at least a few hours to reflect the latest status after an ITR is processed. But nevertheless, congrats!

Hello people,
Received intimation of refund day before yesterday and refund yesterday in my bank account.

Attachments

• 1000107696.webp
    1000107696.webp
    51.7 KB · Views: 12
Hello people,
Received intimation of refund day before yesterday and refund yesterday in my bank account.
Congrats ! Always good to get a chunk back! IT dept is notorious to adjust refunds in earlier outstanding demands which they unfortunately don't always resolve in time!

People in this thread are believing that once the ITR is processed then story is over and are celebrating the same....However, for income Upto Rs. 50 lakhs - The cases can be scrutinized within 3 years from the end of the assessment year. Above Rs. 50 lakhs - The time limit is 5 years.

So nothing to celebrate..Processing is just an intimation that prima facie there is no discrepancy or error in return...

Back