• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ITR processing delay. "Has your ITR been processed yet?"

Does anyone have any idea if the Income Tax Department sends any notice, is it sent by post or digitally (Email/ITR portal)? The delays have been causing anxiety to me (No refund case for both, which is why it makes me extremely nervous.)

Does anyone have any idea if the Income Tax Department sends any notice, is it sent by post or digitally (Email/ITR portal)? The delays have been causing anxiety to me (No refund case for both, which is why it makes me extremely nervous.)
We have to wait and watch bro, My ITR has not been processed yet (45+ days, ITR 4, Only 5K refund).
This year raising grievance is not working too.

They didn't send any defective notice/no e proceeding/outstanding demand etc in my case.
I was very nervous, but I saw many people in twitter (X) like me ( their itr has not been processed for 2 months+)
Then I said to myself, "Jo hoga dekha jayega, Itni tension kis baat ki"

If income is
1. Below 5 lakh: Processed in 2 days
2. 5-10 lakh: Processed in 7 days
3. 10-20 lakh: Processed in 1 month
4. 20-50 lakh: Processed in 3 months
5. >50 lakh: Processed in 5/6 months

*7 exceptions
1. Capital gain
2. AIS/26AS mismatch cases
3. Refund sought is more than 10% of total tax paid
4. Political donations
5. Sharp deviation in this year's income compared to last 3 year average
6. Cash transaction cases
7. PAN's flagged by financial institutions
There are many more exceptions not relevant to 95% tax payers like audit cases
Exception cases are processed within 6/9 months
I have a few of your exceptions and it doesn't work like that apparently. I have made all possible claims and have all heads of income. I filed ITR3 on July 31, and it was processed on Aug 10, another ITR2 filed earlier came on Aug 8. One ITR2 filed in the beginning of July is still pending, the simplest of them all. Looks like they follow LIFO 😆

T
If income is
1. Below 5 lakh: Processed in 2 days
2. 5-10 lakh: Processed in 7 days
3. 10-20 lakh: Processed in 1 month
4. 20-50 lakh: Processed in 3 months
5. >50 lakh: Processed in 5/6 months

*7 exceptions
1. Capital gain
2. AIS/26AS mismatch cases
3. Refund sought is more than 10% of total tax paid
4. Political donations
5. Sharp deviation in this year's income compared to last 3 year average
6. Cash transaction cases
7. PAN's flagged by financial institutions
There are many more exceptions not relevant to 95% tax payers like audit cases
Exception cases are processed within 6/9 months
This isn't correct.

Received this mail today
"Your return/order for AY 2024-25 has been processed/accounted u/s 1431a and the refund has been issued on 18-08-2024, to your validated bank account "
So im guessing its processed now but unable to see how much refund they have processed.

My friend filed ITR3 in old tax regime and got refund in 5 days.
I've filed ITR1 in New tax regime and it's been over a month I haven't received the refund.

Damn this is so frustrating.

Received this mail today
"Your return/order for AY 2024-25 has been processed/accounted u/s 1431a and the refund has been issued on 18-08-2024, to your validated bank account "
So im guessing its processed now but unable to see how much refund they have processed.
Looks like there is some mismatch between the actual processing status and the status shown on the portal. In my wife's case, we filed ITR-2 on 15th July and she got the same email and the refund today but the portal still shows "Successfully e-verified". In my case ITR-1, filed on 4th July with nil refund, but still not processed yet.

Looks like there is some mismatch between the actual processing status and the status shown on the portal. In my wife's case, we filed ITR-2 on 15th July and she got the same email and the refund today but the portal still shows "Successfully e-verified". In my case ITR-1, filed on 4th July with nil refund, but still not processed yet.
Yes received the refund today morning but same is not updated in itr website. Maybe some delay from their end in updation of status.

I had applied ITR-1 on May 25, but got a notice for incorrect ITR filled. Later on I realized my mistake and filed ITR through ITR-2 on June 18. The ITR finally got processed yesterday but on the ITR portal, its still showing pending.

Received a mail today stating ITR has been processed but refund failed. They're asking to submit a refund reissue request.
Checked the portal but it doesn't show anything.

Back