• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ITR processing delay. "Has your ITR been processed yet?"

Is anyone's ITR 1/4 pending till now?

ITR 1/4 is supposed to be processed very fast(Generally in 10-30 days). But this year it is taking a long time for me.

If everyone's ITR 1/4 is processed in this community, I think there may be a problem in my case (Though they didn't send any defective notice till now). And I didn't find any mismatch in my AIS and reported income in the ITR.

Should I wait few more days or Should I consult a CA for my case?

Last edited:
The reason why he is worrying is, of late, most ITRs are usually processed within a month or two, especially ITRs 1 and 4. Since he filed ITR-4 over a month ago, his worry is quite justified. 🙂
Not really…
Itr-1 and 4 also may take a longer time. My itr-1 never got processed before September (last year) it has even took over 1 ye for processing in the past.

The application selection by ITD is quite a bit mystery and depends on luck what so ever

Not really…
Itr-1 and 4 also may take a longer time. My itr-1 never got processed before September (last year) it has even took over 1 ye for processing in the past.

The application selection by ITD is quite a bit mystery and depends on luck what so ever
Well, true, processing times can vary widely. But I mentioned that the processing of ITR-1 and ITR-4 generally take less time for most people now, especially since the ITD's CPC infrastructure was revamped about 3 years ago. But yes, there's definitely some variability and a bit of luck involved.

Back