• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Fastag service to charge fee for using their service

wuodland

TF Buzz
Hello all. Recently had recently received an SMS from kotak fast tag about "updated changed", and this was page 10 of page 13 in that PDF

1719563709328.png

So they donot provide interest on the tag balance now they will levy a charge along with 18% GST on that charge. This seems unfair. To top it off, the tag closing charge is a joke. And it intimated so few days before the change is scummy. I guess they need to find ways to churn customers more now that their online digital banking new customer onboarding has been stopped

Would like to hear the view of others on this forum

Hello all. Recently had recently received an SMS from kotak fast tag about "updated changed", and this was page 10 of page 13 in that PDF

1719563709328.png

So they donot provide interest on the tag balance now they will levy a charge along with 18% GST on that charge. This seems unfair. To top it off, the tag closing charge is a joke. And it intimated so few days before the change is scummy. I guess they need to find ways to churn customers more now that their online digital banking new customer onboarding has been stopped

Would like to hear the view of others on this forum
I have kotak Fastag but haven't received such sms.

wuodland

TF Buzz
I think 15 rs is not such a huge amount , considering it is under pca
Its not a about the amount but the principle. They take 2% to load the wallet with credit card also, no interest also provided. Hence, this charge feels another ripoff in an era where we live where such charges are creeping up

KingAAR

TF Ace
Its not a about the amount but the principle. They take 2% to load the wallet with credit card also, no interest also provided. Hence, this charge feels another ripoff in an era where we live where such charges are creeping up
2% loading is completely bad, is loading thru apps like amazon and park+ subject to 2% as well?

wuodland

TF Buzz
update: They rejected tag closure last night saying they bank ACCOUNT statement when it mentioned cheque. And now suddenly there is a BOGUS fast tag charge on my car which means once I dispute it I wont be able to close it anymore :)

Kotak is stooping really really low.

Attachments

• kotak.jpeg
    kotak.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 12

wuodland

TF Buzz
So a new way to loot. These banks never waste a chance to pick a dime from your pocket.

@TechnoFino please tweet this for amplification, else soon this become a std practice by all banks.
normally I don't like to use the word "fraud" or "scam" but this is definitely that from kotak...
Happy to provide any other info if @TechnoFino wants it they wish to tweet for everyone's benefit