• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Magnus spend track

You can actually export a CSV of your transactions in Axis website. That might be the easiest way to start.

It should also be easier to make an script to automate the month by month spends on that CSV.

But other than tracking Gyftr and GrabDeals you can just look at your monthly spends based on your statement and calculate the ER points in seconds... as long as you're getting points close to your actual spends I don't see an issue. I don't see it worth it to track by every single transaction unless there's a huge discrepancy from what you think you should get and what you got.

Agreed. But once the excel sheet has been setup, you don't need to do anything else. Plus it's useful to track which points are credited and which points are not credited as well along with all the reward multipliers

Agreed. But once the excel sheet has been setup, you don't need to do anything else. Plus it's useful to track which points are credited and which points are not credited as well along with all the reward multipliers
That's the only thing you actually need to keep track of: seasonal offers (2x-3x), reward multipliers and cashbacks. Why keep track of all other expenses? You'll definitely notice if in example your rent didn't accrue points. But if your McDonald's meal didn't get you points not sure if it's worth fighting it.

So I just keep track of the multipliers, milestone and cashback. Other than that just look at the statement and calculate, if there's a discrepancy I just look at the higher value transactions. Even those automatic trackers of any kind will not be able to exclude transactions that don't accrue points.

Easier to just download CSV, remove rows and do your total.

No need to setup complex stuff that goes through your email, can't figure out refunds and that is hard to modify or setup to those non tech savvy people.

Last edited:
I agree. Excel is the easiest. I started tracking my spends from last month after I got my card. I don't trust anyone else's script due to privacy concerns
This script doesn't let anyone else access to your account, or share data outside your account. While I am not the creator of the script, I have set it up for myself basis the OPs instructions, and gone through the code - it runs in a silo with your account only, and no else has access.

Unless your privacy concerns are of a philosophical nature towards Google, in which case they already have your transaction emails, so that's moot :p

This script doesn't let anyone else access to your account, or share data outside your account. While I am not the creator of the script, I have set it up for myself basis the OPs instructions, and gone through the code - it runs in a silo with your account only, and no else has access.

Unless your privacy concerns are of a philosophical nature towards Google, in which case they already have your transaction emails, so that's moot :p
Yes. I've gone through the script posted by OP and kudos to his hardwork. But I'm one of those people who likes excel and enjoys working with a spreadsheet even though I'm from a CS background :ROFLMAO:

@Sidd This is superb! Thanks for making this.

If emails are threaded in the conversation, does it still work? Sometimes the transaction alert group in the same email.

In this, I can see the 9:09 expense in the sheet but not the one that was on 20:41? Maybe the script hasn't run for this hour?

1672934031064.png

Or should we disable Group emails into conversations?

what i observed is , statement credit in normally not intimated by email..

for example when there is a grab deals cashback of previous month's , which affect the milestone.

always better to have a manual check also..

Back