• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyway to Change SIM Card Ownership without Porting?

sudheerreddy

TF Premier
RML Group
Does anyone know any way to change SIM Card ownership without porting to another network?

Present I am using JIO SIM, my father details are registered with the sim. I want to change the SIM details to my data without porting.
If anyone know any way to do it?

sheru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Does anyone know any way to change SIM Card ownership without porting to another network?

Present I am using JIO SIM, my father details are registered with the sim. I want to change the SIM details to my data without porting.
If anyone know any way to do it?
Till a year ago, while changing prepaid to postpaid or vice versa you could change ownership.
I remember doing it sometime in 2022 for my sister's Jio sim.
Don't know if its still possible.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
I asked it in a Jio Store here. They mentioned that the only way is to visit their local Jio office with both you and your dad, and they'd transfer your ownership there after filling out a form. To be honest, it's a quite hassling procedure.

I'd rather recommended you to port out to another operator with your own KYC (So that the ownership is transferred to you), and then port it back to Jio after 90 days.

sudheerreddy

TF Premier
RML Group
I asked it in a Jio Store here. They mentioned that the only way is to visit their local Jio office with both you and your dad, and they'd transfer your ownership there after filling out a form. To be honest, it's a quite hassling procedure.

I'd rather recommended you to port out to another operator with your own KYC (So that the ownership is transferred to you), and then port it back to Jio after 90 days.
I had already visited my local Jio store, but they said it was not possible.
I think they don't have much knowledge about it.

I think the only simple way to change ownership was poring only.

inakul14

TF Neo
I legally changed my name and updated all my documents accordingly. Believing I needed to update my name on my SIM card, I contacted Jio customer support. They advised me to visit any Jio store and go through the KYC process for a new SIM with my updated name matching the Aadhaar Card. Today, at the Jio store, I explained the situation, but the staff denied the option to update the name, insisting on issuing a new SIM without the name change. Despite mentioning Jio customer support's guidance, the staff refused to perform the name update through KYC.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
I legally changed my name and updated all my documents accordingly. Believing I needed to update my name on my SIM card, I contacted Jio customer support. They advised me to visit any Jio store and go through the KYC process for a new SIM with my updated name matching the Aadhaar Card. Today, at the Jio store, I explained the situation, but the staff denied the option to update the name, insisting on issuing a new SIM without the name change. Despite mentioning Jio customer support's guidance, the staff refused to perform the name update through KYC.
I'd recommend you to port out to another operator, and port back in to Jio after 90 days. That's the ONLY way to change your legal name there. JioStore folks don't have the option to change name.