• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mobikwik Changed MCC to 6540(Prepaid Load) for Credit card payment

pgarg24

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,
I recently paid my credit card bill of around 1k from Mobikwik using DCB and found that Mobikwik have changed their MCC for credit card payment to 6540 which is for prepaid loads.
Merchant Name was changed to ONE MOBIKWIK SYSTEMS(MCC 6540) earlier it was ONE MOBIKWIK SYSTEMS PRMUMBAI (which have utility MCC) - Payment was settled on 20th June so if anyone else have tried payment recently, pls check and share if you are facing the same thing.

!! No More rewards points if someone was using!! FYI pls.

Not sure how it will affect for payments done via debit card. Usually we would use it for 1% benefit while paying through HDFC Platinum DC as credit card payment was considered under utility.

Hi Guys,
I recently paid my credit card bill of around 1k from Mobikwik using DCB and found that Mobikwik have changed their MCC for credit card payment to 6540 which is for prepaid loads.
Merchant Name was changed to ONE MOBIKWIK SYSTEMS(MCC 6540) earlier it was ONE MOBIKWIK SYSTEMS PRMUMBAI (which have utility MCC) - Payment was settled on 20th June so if anyone else have tried payment recently, pls check and share if you are facing the same thing.

Not sure how it will affect for payments done via debit card. Usually we would use it for 1% benefit while paying through HDFC Platinum DC as credit card payment was considered under utility.
What is the mode of payment for DCB?

As of now It is still Utility MCC.
Also It is "ONE MOBIKWIK SYSTEM, GURGAON" for utility, Credit Card Recharges on Mobikwik And other direct Merchant txns via Mobikwik.

I do not know from where you got Mumbai one.
I have never seen Mumbai in Statement for Mobikwik txns

Hi Guys,

Yes bro
I make a payment of 13000 on 15 Jun and merchant name shows ONE MOBIKWIK SYS and I had not received any cashback on my hdfc platinum debit card.

As of now It is still Utility MCC.
Also It is "ONE MOBIKWIK SYSTEM, GURGAON" for utility, Credit Card Recharges on Mobikwik And other direct Merchant txns via Mobikwik.

I do not know from where you got Mumbai one.
I have never seen Mumbai in Statement for Mobikwik txns
I have always gotten mumbai for me😂😂 never got gurgaon.. i guess if no location is given then it is taking 6540 mcc..

Btw just checking..did you try doing any transaction recently?

I have always gotten mumbai for me😂😂 never got gurgaon.. i guess if no location is given then it is taking 6540 mcc..

Btw just checking..did you try doing any transaction recently?
Your bill was directly paid from.Credit Card Or first Money gets added to wallet and then from wallet Bill is paid ?

Recently I paid for a Txn at Magicpin and MCC is utility and Location is Gurgaon as usual

1. go to mobiquick and pay credit card bill
2. load wallet then pay cc bill.

in which process we get 1% cashback in mobiquick
Your bill was directly paid from.Credit Card Or first Money gets added to wallet and then from wallet Bill is paid ?

Recently I paid for a Txn at Magicpin and MCC is utility and Location is Gurgaon as usual

Back