• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mobikwik Changed MCC to 6540(Prepaid Load) for Credit card payment

pgarg24

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,
I recently paid my credit card bill of around 1k from Mobikwik using DCB and found that Mobikwik have changed their MCC for credit card payment to 6540 which is for prepaid loads.
Merchant Name was changed to ONE MOBIKWIK SYSTEMS(MCC 6540) earlier it was ONE MOBIKWIK SYSTEMS PRMUMBAI (which have utility MCC) - Payment was settled on 20th June so if anyone else have tried payment recently, pls check and share if you are facing the same thing.

!! No More rewards points if someone was using!! FYI pls.

Not sure how it will affect for payments done via debit card. Usually we would use it for 1% benefit while paying through HDFC Platinum DC as credit card payment was considered under utility.

All hdfc card except millennia are shit anyways. U can get millennia dc if u want to get cb
Only drawback of Platinum debit card is that it is not useful in paying HDFC credit card bill. Otherwise it is giving 1% through bill pay for other bank credit card.
And only advantage of millenia is that through wallet reload we can get get cashback on paying HDFC credit card bill too.

Only drawback of Platinum debit card is that it is not useful in paying HDFC credit card bill. Otherwise it is giving 1% through bill pay for other bank credit card.
And only advantage of millenia is that through wallet reload we can get get cashback on paying HDFC credit card bill too.
bole to ekdum correct from ccbp perspective.

Hi Guys,
I recently paid my credit card bill of around 1k from Mobikwik using DCB and found that Mobikwik have changed their MCC for credit card payment to 6540 which is for prepaid loads.
Merchant Name was changed to ONE MOBIKWIK SYSTEMS(MCC 6540) earlier it was ONE MOBIKWIK SYSTEMS PRMUMBAI (which have utility MCC) - Payment was settled on 20th June so if anyone else have tried payment recently, pls check and share if you are facing the same thing.

!! No More rewards points if someone was using!! FYI pls.

Not sure how it will affect for payments done via debit card. Usually we would use it for 1% benefit while paying through HDFC Platinum DC as credit card payment was considered under utility.
I am not getting 1% cashback for paying cc bills using Axis e-debit card, probably since October/November 2023. But suddenly got cashback for two transactions on May 2024. But then again. No cashback. Most probably due to this 6540 MCC reporting by Mobikwik. Can we complain to Mobikwik regarding this or they won't just listen?

I am not getting 1% cashback for paying cc bills using Axis e-debit card, probably since October/November 2023. But suddenly got cashback for two transactions on May 2024. But then again. No cashback. Most probably due to this 6540 MCC reporting by Mobikwik. Can we complain to Mobikwik regarding this or they won't just listen?
They wont listen.. best to pay via sbiunipay ir juo finance app since both give utility mcc 4900.

Thanks a lot man. I didn't know about these platforms. I can see that jiofinance is in beta. Is that app good and does it provide any cashback or reward from their end?
jiofinance app is really good and stable than sbiunipay(in my opinion). since it have utility MCC 4900, it can be used to pay cc bills using hdfc plat dc, rbl signature+ dc or idfc dc.. you can search in this forum for threads on all 3 different dc reward rates and other details :)

jiofinance app is really good and stable than sbiunipay(in my opinion). since it have utility MCC 4900, it can be used to pay cc bills using hdfc plat dc, rbl signature+ dc or idfc dc.. you can search in this forum for threads on all 3 different dc reward rates and other details :)
I don't have any of those dc, but have Axis e-debit card which is also decent. Thanks again for the info. :)

Back