• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

mutual fund scheme with largest share of investment

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
20% - Parag Parikh ELSS - Flexi-cap with buy + hold strategy
20% - Quant Active - Flexi-cap with an opportunist strategy
20% - ICICI Nasdaq FoF - International exposure
20% - HDFC Sensex - Backbone
12% - MO Midcap
8% - CR Smallcap
Debt - ABSL Money market

Current XIRR gains of 21%

Last edited:

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How you choose all these.
Do your own research or Domain Expertise or take advice or do it with hunch.. 😅

jade

TF Premier
Canara Rob blue chip
Parag Parikh Flexi cap
Quant Active
PGIM Midcap
Tata small cap

Large cap funds with an allocation of 60%, and mid and small cap with an allocation of 40%

S.S.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Quant small cap growth
SBI small cap
Sbi Magnum mid cap
Canara robeco small cap
SBI contra

One time into icici large cap

I believe Elss doesn't make sense for me since pf already covers it.

Reactions: Ram

S.S.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You do you!
I Will not be a nay-sayer. But I'll challenge you to bring me a good strategy and change my mind.

Also,
1683672858863.png
Strategy is simple:

Onsite ke paise se Ghar gadi zameen direct cash deke khareed leeya tha.

When I came back to India during covid i switched job to a captive, consequently moved to a different city. Wife started asking to buy new flat but i thought (my prior experience with buying flat, also don't like debt) it will be better to rent. So I motivated her by saying that mf's are giving 20% return to get her off my neck.

If it doesn't give then she will be on my neck again... So that's the strategy i.e. i am hoping it will give 20%.

Last edited:
If you want to invest in mutual funds, and can't decide/don't wanna do research - simply invest in index fund - like niftybees
You can also buy niftybees shares - works the same way
I've bought gold and Equity which tracks gold etf from small Case bees and Nippon nifty bees. Is that enough? Or should I also invest with UTI nifty 50 in coin app?

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
i am hoping it will give 20%
They go through phases. They won't give 20% every year. In fact, midcaps and small caps will give 5-10% for most of the years, some years they will give 20%+, and then comes some years where they will give negative 30-50% which will wipe out major the corpus you've accumulated over the positive years (One and only biggest con of compounding). When your wife sees those big negative numbers, may the cat god be with you.

I'm just assuming (looking at both of your portfolios) that you only looked at past returns and jumped into highest return mutual funds without much research.
Taking a high risk doesn't equate to guaranteed high returns in the equity world.
PS: I'm also invested in them, but they don't form a major part of my allocation, and doing rebalancing once every year.

Last edited: