• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

mutual fund scheme with largest share of investment

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
What I am saying is people should not blindly listen to other people saying they made xyz return and follow suit. My friend lost 1/8th of his investments in Yes bank back in the day like this.
Yes yes, that's what I'm also trying to convey

My grandfather lost quite a sizeable amount about 25 years ago due to someone's "advice"

That amount kept in Nifty Index ETF for last 25 years would have resulted in 30 cr today, considering 18% CAGR

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Taking advice from a certified and registered financial advisor is good for majority of people since they lack the know how and also the time to study the markets.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I started MF investment in December (seven months ago) have a mix of large mid and small cap along with few sectoral funds. Currently at 42% XIRR although I feel I just got lucky with the timing.

Largest share is in large cap as I do not want unnecessary risk
This is most people who got into equity after covid. Almost everybody made money because of quantitative easing in the US. Give it a few years, your returns over time will normalise. Especially most MFs can't consistently perform with the high AUM they handle. After '08, my uncle had an XIRR of over 83% for 7 years in one of his baskets. That later became 23%.

arko

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Taking advice from a certified and registered financial advisor is good for majority of people since they lack the know how and also the time to study the markets.
How do you find certified unbiased person for cheap .your RM and financial advisor, are all there to make money for themselves as they will try to sell regular funds. Only person that can help you are good finance background friends or who knows about the different financial instruments.(which is quite difficult to get)

I give advice by charging a nominal one time fee. I advise everybody to stay away from direct stock investing .I only guide people to choose proper mfs so they can get around 13 -15% XIRR in the long run ie 10-15 years in a bull market. I have seen people loosing lot of money as commission in there portfolio size of10-50 lakh.
So people listen to these bank agents, Rm or mutual fund agents who are only there to make money for themselves as they will suggest active large cap fund etc.

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
Tell some name of channel just like techofino
ET Money's channel, especially when Shankar Nath was the host has great starter info, it is concept focused, well-presented, and unbiased. This is how I also started, had no idea what was even market caps before. Refer to this playlist.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeKo6nJG1Qj2A6sO6-_mbkYjkK_bdAhH7

See what investment allocation, horizon, and risk suit you. Then use value research to compare(ignore the star rating they give).
Avoid the 'the best/top funds' and particular fund recommendation channels.

palen

TF Premier
ET Money's channel, especially when Shankar Nath was the host has great starter info, it is concept focused, well-presented, and unbiased. This is how I also started, had no idea what was even market caps before. Refer to this playlist.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeKo6nJG1Qj2A6sO6-_mbkYjkK_bdAhH7

See what investment allocation, horizon, and risk suit you. Then use value research to compare(ignore the star rating they give).
Avoid the 'the best/top funds' and particular fund recommendation channels.
This playlist was very useful. Thanks for sharing.

Nilanchal

TF Premier
Hello all,
I wanted to know that as ppfas flexi cap is now the 2nd largest fund of India.
If it keeps in growing then will there be such situation wherein they wud stop fresh investments ?

I mean like in stocks where, if the amount of stock increases then it gets splits.
What happens incase of Mutual funds ?
Will it allow unlimited inflow or there's a limit or fresh investments shall stop ?

S.S.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Strategy is simple:

Onsite ke paise se Ghar gadi zameen direct cash deke khareed leeya tha.

When I came back to India during covid i switched job to a captive, consequently moved to a different city. Wife started asking to buy new flat but i thought (my prior experience with buying flat, also don't like debt) it will be better to rent. So I motivated her by saying that mf's are giving 20% return to get her off my neck.

If it doesn't give then she will be on my neck again... So that's the strategy i.e. i am hoping it will give 20%.
With the above portfolio my return till now is 22% and wife's is 20.3 percent. So as of now the demand to buy house has been relegated to another year.

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
it will be better to rent. So I motivated her by saying that mf's are giving 20% return to get her off my neck.
absolutely agree with you. and tbh awed that you could convince your wife with % returns argument. in most indian households, own house even on emis has a huge sentimental value, and all logic goes out the window.