• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

mutual fund scheme with largest share of investment

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Use grow or zeroda?
a frnd who worked as an FX broker for sometime had suggested me that never to use discount brokers for long term investments and to go for full service brokers. For short term investing or trading the discount brokers were preferred by him

Reactions: j_s

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
a frnd who worked as an FX broker for sometime had suggested me that never to use discount brokers for long term investments and to go for full service brokers. For short term investing or trading the discount brokers were preferred by him
Yes ofc, rn don't see myself staying here after 2-3 years so not investing for retirement

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Discount brokers only work if you have the aptitude to make your own investment decisions. Otherwise, people should stick with full service brokers.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Still. Even if you are going abroad, it won't hurt to have some exposure to Indian equities. India's growth trajectory is going to remain good for a good decade.
No sir, what i meant that right now i'm not investing too much capital into wealth creation/generation/investments, spending mostly on wants (I'm 23 what can i do except follow a bit of passion and spend on wants)

Post MBA I would probably starting making enough to have a sizeable portion of my monthly income for diligent and disciplined investing

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
Which direct mf you suggest for lump sum long term investment flexi, small or mid cap? @CARDBITRAGE @bugmenot @Catalyst
For long-term and lumpsum, better go with large-cap index or actively managed flexi. Note that ELSS, focused and multicaps in a way can also be considered a flexicap.

Smallcaps tend to rise and fall in cycles(but time length may vary for each) and you cannot predict whether your entry time of lumpsum is ideal or not. So they are better for SIP so long as you rebalance yearly. If you want to take the risk of timing the market, do it with stocks, not worth it for MFs.

bugmenot

TF Ace
Which direct mf you suggest for lump sum long term investment flexi, small or mid cap? @CARDBITRAGE @bugmenot @Catalyst
Go for flexi cap. As per market cycle, it can have combination of large/mid/small cap. Don't go for multicap because it has to maintain minimum proportion in each kind of market cap.

Also, if you are not comfortable doing asset allocation on your own, then go for multi asset funds.

Also, single lump sum is not preferred. Split your big amount in small chunks and invest when there is dip in market.

CHOCOPANDA

TF Premier
20% - Parag Parikh ELSS - Flexi-cap with buy + hold strategy
20% - Quant Active - Flexi-cap with an opportunist strategy
20% - ICICI Nasdaq FoF - International exposure
20% - HDFC Sensex - Backbone
12% - MO Midcap
8% - CR Smallcap
Debt - ABSL Money market

Current XIRR gains of 21%
sir how to know about these i m zero in this area. please give some knowledge on this topic. how to start investing @TechnoFino