• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help for First time Accor hotel booking ( Novotel Goa resort and spa )

Or you can call/email the hotel and ask them to reserve the booking. They will ask you to updt a creditcard (They wont charge you tho). And once you arrive the hotel, tell them you'll be settling via points and not to charge the card. they'll make a note of the same. andfinally when checking out, ask them to redeem points for all charges (stay, food, taxi etc). That way you wont have to pay a dime from your pocket. I did this while staying in IBIS Chennai and worked perfectly fine.
This sounds good. Is this application for flexible bookings as well?

You can post F&B to the room and pay with points during checkout.
Seems like f&b can be paid via coins but it cannot be paid via points if we post them to room. You need to settle via points instantly after dining. Here’s an ss of email.

Attachments

• IMG_0324.jpeg
    IMG_0324.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 8
No idea bro.. better to call up the hotel.. they're front desks are normally very friendly and helpful
Couldn’t get in touch with the reservation department. On email they are saying that points can be burned for dining but we need to pay right after dining. If we post it to the room then we cant burn points for dining!

Seems like f&b can be paid via coins but it cannot be paid via points if we post them to room. You need to settle via points instantly after dining. Here’s an ss of email.
That is booking via Makemytrip or other such portals. I'm not sure in that case. If you make a reservation by sending an email or by calling the hotel mentioning using your accor membership id, it will show up in the app and can be paid via points during checkout(including F&B).

Do not pay via points directly at the restaurant. You will get only 0.9p per point instead of 1.8.

It clearly says Booking through Accor app, Website you can pay through points and attach it to the room. But if u r using Third Party website and travel agents then you cannot add the F&B expenses to your room bill. U need to pay them separately through points which u wish so @.9p instead of 1.8rs/point.

I always use flexible bookings only
U can cancel till last moment without any points loss
Yes but rate will be a bit high marginally
But after canceling when you want to book it again, the rate will be much more last minute, even though your cancelled room was released into the system.

So let's say I booked a refundable rate and paid fully with points.
Later on, when my tour is confirmed and I am sure about it, I cancel the higher priced refundable booking and try to book a non refundable cheaper rate. (Same room same hotel)

however this non refundable cheaper rate now will be much higher

But after canceling when you want to book it again, the rate will be much more last minute, even though your cancelled room was released into the system
No i never did that
Cancelled lot of times and got full points credit back
Yes if we book again then much higher price

That is booking via Makemytrip or other such portals. I'm not sure in that case. If you make a reservation by sending an email or by calling the hotel mentioning using your accor membership id, it will show up in the app and can be paid via points during checkout(including F&B).

Do not pay via points directly at the restaurant. You will get only 0.9p per point instead of 1.8.
Thank you for pointing out the last part. And I got a call from the reservations department. They confirmed that i can club my restaurant dining bill to my room and redeem points for the same as long as I make the booking via Accor app. Seems like I misunderstood their email.

So you mean that for all your food and beverage bills you need to tell them at the time of checkin to add it to your bill and you will pay everything at check out using only Accor points ?

Sometimes booking flexible and monitoring the prices will get you better deal than saver non refundable rate.
But if you anyway have the time to monitor prices everyday, then why book anything at all?
just book the lowest non refundable saver rate when the price falls substantially!

So you mean that for all your food and beverage bills you need to tell them at the time of checkin to add it to your bill and you will pay everything at check out using only Accor points ?
You need to tell Every time u have F&B at the restaurant or any service take at the hotel to bill it to my room.

When they come with the bill at the restaurant or for in-room dining, tell them to post it to your room. They will ask you to mention the room number and sign it. You can then settle it later or during checkout.

Last edited:
But if you anyway have the time to monitor prices everyday, then why book anything at all?
just book the lowest non refundable saver rate when the price falls substantially!
Not every day, but occasionally. This is because Accor frequently runs promotions. Additionally, prices can fluctuate, which usually applies when there is a significant amount of time between the booking and the stay. If the stay is approaching soon, the saver option is the way to go.

Also, some hotels allow you to book Red hot room via call/email which can be then paid with points. Doesn't work always. But you can always email the hotel and ask.

Back