• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help for First time Accor hotel booking ( Novotel Goa resort and spa )

harry33

TF Buzz
Hi all ,

Below is a snapshot for the booking i can see in the accor app,
It says pay with reward points .

Could you kindly confirm whether i pay the entire amount, including taxes, using Accor points for this reservation?
I already mailed to the Novotel hotel team regarding this and they quoted a price of around 90k for the same 4 night stay with breakfast.

when i asked them the same question they said you can pay with points at the time of check in but they are not confirming if i can pay entire amount with the points or not.
i mailed them two times but they replied with the same message that "Kindly note the accor points can be utilized upon arrival to pay ".

I dont want to face any issues that they accept only 30k points but not 60k points.

I have around 60k points ~1200 euros in accor and can i use all my points at the hotel to pay the reservation amount + taxes with it ?

1707894064897.png

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi all ,

Below is a snapshot for the booking i can see in the accor app,
It says pay with reward points .

Could you kindly confirm whether i pay the entire amount, including taxes, using Accor points for this reservation?
I already mailed to the Novotel hotel team regarding this and they quoted a price of around 90k for the same 4 night stay with breakfast.

when i asked them the same question they said you can pay with points at the time of check in but they are not confirming if i can pay entire amount with the points or not.
i mailed them two times but they replied with the same message that "Kindly note the accor points can be utilized upon arrival to pay ".

I dont want to face any issues that they accept only 30k points but not 60k points.

I have around 60k points ~1200 euros in accor and can i use all my points at the hotel to pay the reservation amount + taxes with it ?

1707894064897.png
I too booked Accor in Chennai using my creditcard (dont worry, they do not charge you), and then when I reached the hotel, I told them to burn my points for everything, including taxes and they gladly did it. Didn't pay anything.
But just to be on the safe side, just get a confirmation from them saying that you will make the booking using your CC and not t charge it since you'll be burinng points while checking in/out.

harry33

TF Buzz
I too booked Accor in Chennai using my creditcard (dont worry, they do not charge you), and then when I reached the hotel, I told them to burn my points for everything, including taxes and they gladly did it. Didn't pay anything.
But just to be on the safe side, just get a confirmation from them saying that you will make the booking using your CC and not t charge it since you'll be burinng points while checking in/out.
So you booked the hotel through online using CC right?

Sure i will ask them for the confirmation that i will be paying with points.
Thank you.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
The total is coming at around 47k + 8k in taxes. You can prepay via points upto 46k. The rest, around 9k, you can pay via points during check in or checkout.

Prices are for Flexible Half board for 2 rooms with 2 guests each in Superior King for 6 to 10 march 2024

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The total is coming at around 47k + 8k in taxes. You can prepay via points upto 46k. The rest, around 9k, you can pay via points during check in or checkout.

Prices are for Flexible Half board for 2 rooms with 2 guests each in Superior King for 6 to 10 march 2024
You cant do that way. wither book using points and pay the tax using cc. Or book using cc (no charges until you checkout) and then burn points for booking including taxes. and you cc still will be unharmed :)

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
You cant do that way. wither book using points and pay the tax using cc. Or book using cc (no charges until you checkout) and then burn points for booking including taxes. and you cc still will be unharmed :)
You can do it for flexible rate(i.e payment at hotel). If you want to hold the reservation past 6pm check in, you need to prepay the remaining amount via credit card (this option shows up on payment page). I have done several bookings like this.

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can do it for flexible rate(i.e payment at hotel). If you want to hold the reservation past 6pm check in, you need to prepay the remaining amount via credit card (this option shows up on payment page). I have done several bookings like this.
Ah, thanks for the info. Thats new to me.

Reactions: CMG

harry33

TF Buzz

When i tried to book the rooms it says i can use only 52000 points but i have 60000 points
the remaining amount 24532rs it says i need to pay in local currency of the hotel.

Can i pay the remaining amount using reward points when i check in or do i need to pay in cash ?

1708080655787.png

drsel

TF Legend
Refundable pay at the Hotel price is much more than non refundable

harry33

TF Buzz
When i tried to book the rooms it says i can use only 52000 points but i have 60000 points
the remaining amount 24532rs it says i need to pay in local currency of the hotel.

Can i pay the remaining amount using reward points when i check in or do i need to pay in cash ?

1708080655787.png

I checked with Accor support they said that it differs from hotel to hotel
some hotels allow to pay the entire bill with points and some allow only to an extent to pay through points.

drsel

TF Legend
If you are sure about your dates, I recommend booking the cheapest non refundable room, burn maximum points and pay minimum real cash

drsel

TF Legend
I checked with Accor support they said that it differs from hotel to hotel
some hotels allow to pay the entire bill with points and some allow only to an extent to pay through points.
If you pay in advance the entire amount at the cheapest non refundable rate, you can burn maximum points, spend minimum real money.

But you must be sure of your dates because it is not refundable and non changeable.

The other disadvantage is that you will not earn points to move up the status ladder from basic to Silver to Gold to Platinum.
But really the benefits of these status levels like priority check in, early check in, late check out, welcome drink, room upgrade (only in the more expensive hotels), etc are no big deal.
These have negligible cash value.

Last edited:

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you pay in advance the entire amount at the cheapest non refundable rate, you can burn maximum points, spend minimum real money.

But you must be sure of your dates because it is not refundable and non changeable.

The other disadvantage is that you will not earn points to move up the status ladder from basic to Silver to Gold to Platinum.
But really the benefits of these status levels like priority check in, early check in, late check out, welcome drink, room upgrade (only in the more expensive hotels), etc are no big deal.
These have negligible cash value.
I recently booked a non refundable stay at Duabi and paid max value via points. Got the status nights credited. You can move up the ladder via this method too

drsel

TF Legend
I recently booked a non refundable stay at Duabi and paid max value via points. Got the status nights credited. You can move up the ladder via this method too
I also booked non refundable cheapest rate and paid maximum points.
when are the status nights credited?
How many days after check out?