• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millennia Need help in deciding if and how to apply for Millenia

Hi,

I need help to decide if I should apply for Millenia or not and if yes, then how.
Mainly the answer to 'if' seems like a yes to me considering just the direct monetary benefits. But if you think otherwise, please let me know.
I currently don't hold any HDFC CCs, and have never activated any HDFC CCs (though have received one Business MoneyBack due to a mis-sell)
I opened a Classic savings account in the beginning of Oct, so only 2 months old account, maintaining an AMB of 25k+.

These are the options I currently have and know of:
  1. Via Online Application Portal without staff details
    I'm getting daily mails for a pre-approved Millenia, and the mail title also mentions a 1500 Amazon Voucher. This is the benefits I see on the portal for the card. I'm also seeing a Joining and Annual Fee of 1000.
    I was thinking to take all the benefits as shown below (1k welcome benefit + 500 activation offer + 1500 Special Offer for NTB customer).
    Please note the "(without any HDFC Bank staff assistance)" for the Special Offer.
    I talked to a CC guy my RM referred, and he said you should put our code, as anyways you won't get all these voucher's, now bank is only offering 1k voucher on making 4 transactions in 30 days. This is one thing I would like to ask, if anyone has had experience with this.
    My main motive here was to see if I can benefit my RM by adding his code without sacrificing on the benefits here.
    1702313175864.jpeg
  2. Via Online Application Portal with staff details
    The same as above but if the statement of HDFC giving only 1k is true anyways, then I'll add the details of the RM.
  3. Directly in branch via the staff who are also applying via the same portal
    This is another option, doing the process via their link but I'm not sure about the rewards from this.

This is my first post here, please help me get better and forgive me for any errors.
I tried researching similar issues, but found only this one somewhat relevant but not addressing my issue exactly: Similar thread

Also, if I'm better off not applying Millenia this way (as it's not LTF), then let me know. I currently have 7 cards (3 ICICI + 3 AXIS + 1 IDFC, ICICI has limit of 4.6L).

Last edited:

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
Hi,

I need help to decide if I should apply for Millenia or not and if yes, then how.
Mainly the answer to 'if' seems like a yes to me considering just the direct monetary benefits. But if you think otherwise, please let me know. I currently don't hold any HDFC CCs, and have never activated any HDFC CCs (though have received one Business MoneyBack due to a mis-sell)

I'm getting daily mails for a pre-approved Millenia, and the mail title also mentions a 1500 Amazon Voucher. This is the benefits I see on the portal for the card. I'm also seeing a Joining and Annual Fee of 1000.
    I was thinking to take all the benefits as shown below (1k welcome benefit + 500 activation offer + 1500 Special Offer for NTB customer).
    Please note the "(without any HDFC Bank staff assistance)" for the Special Offer.
    I talked to a CC guy my RM referred, and he said you should put our code, as anyways you won't get all these voucher's, now bank is only offering 1k voucher on making 4 transactions in 30 days. This is one thing I would like to ask, if anyone has had experience with this.
    My main motive here was to see if I can benefit my RM by adding his code without sacrificing on the benefits here.
    1702313175864.jpeg
    The same as above but if the statement of HDFC giving only 1k is true anyways, then I'll add the details of the RM.
    This is another option, doing the process via their link but I'm not sure about the rewards from this.

This is my first post here, please help me get better and forgive me for any errors.
I tried researching similar issues, but found only this one somewhat relevant but not addressing my issue exactly: Similar thread

Also, if I'm better off not applying Millenia this way (as it's not LTF), then let me know. I currently have 7 cards (3 ICICI + 3 AXIS + 1 IDFC, ICICI has limit of 4.6L).
After deactivate Business money back after how days u get pre-approved millennia offer ?

That RM can help you get LTF and greater limit. But same LTF thing is also possible without RM. As it is pre-approved i suggest you to get it done yourself without any staff choice. Also keep all these emails for future references. Usually they provide after 60 days of card activation. 1.5k is better that 1k. And close the fking moneyback

After deactivate Business money back after how days u get pre-approved millennia offer ?
More than a year. And never activated it.

That RM can help you get LTF and greater limit. But same LTF thing is also possible without RM. As it is pre-approved i suggest you to get it done yourself without any staff choice. Also keep all these emails for future references. Usually they provide after 60 days of card activation. 1.5k is better that 1k. And close the fking moneyback
I see. When I talked to him, he also only checked the offer that the portal was giving. And said that sir you should do an FD, which will enhance the offer and get you better cards. Yes, keeping the mails. Moneyback was never opened, never activated it.

More than a year. And never activated it.

I see. When I talked to him, he also only checked the offer that the portal was giving. And said that sir you should do an FD, which will enhance the offer and get you better cards. Yes, keeping the mails. Moneyback was never opened, never activated it.
Tell him to keep the fd in his arse😛 don't open UNNECESSARY fd UNLESS you want.
I can assure you about the amazon vouchers but other things like ltf and increased limit i can't promise. It's hit and miss

Hi,

Mainly the answer to 'if' seems like a yes to me considering just the direct monetary benefits. But if you think otherwise, please let me know.
I currently don't hold any HDFC CCs, and have never activated any HDFC CCs (though have received one Business MoneyBack due to a mis-sell)
I opened a Classic savings account in the beginning of Oct, so only 2 months old account, maintaining an AMB of 25k+.

1702313175864.jpeg

AFAIK through card to card route you will get LTF HDFC Millennia card. Don't go with third party agent, always apply via branch for offline application.

Tell him to keep the fd in his arse😛 don't open UNNECESSARY fd UNLESS you want.
I can assure you about the amazon vouchers but other things like ltf and increased limit i can't promise. It's hit and miss
Got it :ROFLMAO:. He should be habitual by now.
Okay, you're saying I will get the 1k welcome benefit + 500 activation offer + 1500 Special Offer for NTB customer, if I do required transactions (2 transactions, total minimum 500). Then I will probably proceed without his code.

AFAIK through card to card route you will get LTF HDFC Millennia card. Don't go with third party agent, always apply via branch for offline application.
I see, although there will probably be a CIBIL hit in C2C, but not in the pre-approved method. About LTF, I was hoping to get it converted to LTF later. Also for C2C my RM seems like he doesn't know about it, so that route might result into more hassle.
No 3rd party agent, only my RM and another HDFC employee who works in CC dept.

I see, although there will probably be a CIBIL hit in C2C, but not in the pre-approved method. About LTF, I was hoping to get it converted to LTF later. Also for C2C my RM seems like he doesn't know about it, so that route might result into more hassle.
No 3rd party agent, only my RM and another HDFC employee who works in CC dept.
Few months back one of credit card department employee had told me that all HDFC credit cards which we are applying via Card to Card method will be life time free. Please confirm this statement with your bank RM or Credit card department.
I have told you to not deal with third party agent because they will apply for some other variant of credit cards just for their personal benefits. Or you can confirm this before signing on the application.

Got it :ROFLMAO:. He should be habitual by now.
Okay, you're saying I will get the 1k welcome benefit + 500 activation offer + 1500 Special Offer for NTB customer, if I do required transactions (2 transactions, total minimum 500). Then I will probably proceed without his code.
If all these offers are shown to you while applying and you follow the mentioned TnC then YES

Few months back one of credit card department employee had told me that all HDFC credit cards which we are applying via Card to Card method will be life time free. Please confirm this statement with your bank RM or Credit card department.
I have told you to not deal with third party agent because they will apply for some other variant of credit cards just for their personal benefits. Or you can confirm this before signing on the application.
Got it, I'll check with him once.
Yes, they're the worst.