• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Cashback SBI card launched!

pjain2712

TF Premier
Last edited:
New SBI card application (no prior relationship). Applied online via sprint.. Took only photo, KYC/Aadhaar via digilocker & PAN, email ID thats all. Instant approval & virtual card generation. No income or any other checks done or proofs asked & have been given a very poor limit of just 59,000 whereas my 2nd lowest limit is 1.5L with limits up to 2.5L as well. Not sure how the system works & what the logic is. Now wondering what I have to do to fix the credit limit. Need to wait 6 months+ or can I raise a request basis income proof since my gross annual salary is in 7 digits?

To my great surprise.
Card approved with 3L limit and got virtual card as well. Entire process might have taken 30 to 40 Mins.
Hey Subhash, could you reply with the exact steps you took for the application? Was it through Sprint or the e-apply website? Anything to keep in mind?

New SBI card application (no prior relationship). Applied online via sprint.. Took only photo, KYC/Aadhaar via digilocker & PAN, email ID thats all. Instant approval & virtual card generation. No income or any other checks done or proofs asked & have been given a very poor limit of just 59,000 whereas my 2nd lowest limit is 1.5L with limits up to 2.5L as well. Not sure how the system works & what the logic is. Now wondering what I have to do to fix the credit limit. Need to wait 6 months+ or can I raise a request basis income proof since my gross annual salary is in 7 digits?
I also had similar experience. Got instant approval but with limit 20k only.

Via SBI sprint, in step 2, after entering professional details as salaried and given company details, the application is always saying error , what to do , anyone has solution?

Hey Subhash, could you reply with the exact steps you took for the application? Was it through Sprint or the e-apply website? Anything to keep in mind?
I went through SPRINT. I just gave all the info it asked and followed the steps. luckily page did not error out much.
after 1Re payment it went back to home screen then I had to resume application for final step.

tips as per me:
1. dont use mobile, iPad or safari browser.
2. use chrome from laptop. This should help for smooth application process.
3. Check CIBIL and make sure you have good score. I have 780+ May be that helped for instant approval.

Just received SMS, what is the meaning of this received SMS?
I too got the same sms today, applied yesterday got the application number msg today morning and this msg in evening. Haven't chosed any slot for document collection, just skipped the step. Should I got back and book a slot or will they call me and send vkyc link?

I went through SPRINT. I just gave all the info it asked and followed the steps. luckily page did not error out much.
after 1Re payment it went back to home screen then I had to resume application for final step.

tips as per me:
3. Check CIBIL and make sure you have good score. I have 780+ May be that helped for instant approval.
Does this ₹1 bank deposit step is for new SBI users or for existing users also? I got the application number when applied yesterday and today got the sms mentioning card fees, etc. Wasn't able to apply for Add-on cards as it was showing some error. No calls received. Skipped the option to book a slot for docs pickup.

tips as per me:
Funny enough I had to use my dad's iPhone to complete my Sprint application because that shit never worked on anything else properly 😂

tips as per me:
Got it. Thanks for sharing! Any idea which step(s) specifically might be the check for credit limit? I am seeing tons of folks being given a 10-20K credit limit this way but I also see your mention of a 3L limit. I'm wondering which step here might be making a check for how much limit one person gets allotted. Quite fascinating.

Does this ₹1 bank deposit step is for new SBI users or for existing users also? I got the application number when applied yesterday and today got the sms mentioning card fees, etc. Wasn't able to apply for Add-on cards as it was showing some error. No calls received. Skipped the option to book a slot for docs pickup.
I’m new user.

Back