• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Cashback SBI card launched!

pjain2712

TF Premier
Last edited:
Applied this card on Sept 2nd. document upload done with digilocker. Next page showed an error and got stuck.
Got a msg with application id in 1 hr saying its in process and need 21 days.
Nd whenever tried for tracking application it showed as " SBI Card credentials as entered by you are incorrect" till yesterday.

Yesterday got a status as application in process and option to schedule ekyc. opted for kyc today morning. no one turned out.
cc is also blank abt the situation.

Already a user for sbi cc for last 3 years with 2.5L limit and sb account holder for 15 years.

so whats the use of being an sbi customer if they are doing everything from scratch, why couldnt they took details from current cc.

I dont know why they launch a new product if there is no proper integration between the systems.

Got it. Thanks for sharing! Any idea which step(s) specifically might be the check for credit limit? I am seeing tons of folks being given a 10-20K credit limit this way but I also see your mention of a 3L limit. I'm wondering which step here might be making a check for how much limit one person gets allotted. Quite fascinating.
Not sure exactly.

As they did not take my payslip or other credit statement, I think they had only CIBIL report as reference. So may be income mentioned in CIBIL report or credit limits of other credit cards might be the deciding factor for SBI.

Applied this card on Sept 2nd. document upload done with digilocker. Next page showed an error and got stuck.
Nd whenever tried for tracking application it showed as " SBI Card credentials as entered by you are incorrect" till yesterday.

Yesterday got a status as application in process and option to schedule ekyc. opted for kyc today morning. no one turned out.

Already a user for sbi cc for last 3 years with 2.5L limit and sb account holder for 15 years.

so whats the use of being an sbi customer if they are doing everything from scratch, why couldnt they took details from current cc.

I dont know why they launch a new product if there is no proper integration between the systems.
Dont opt for kyc by urself... If ur application is stuck at any stage... Leave it there... Some abi agent will call and will babysit u then.... If lucky u will gef option to vkyc and esign of ur application form... So no physical contact from anyone....

I have told this 2-3 times before too in this thread...

Got it. Thanks for sharing! Any idea which step(s) specifically might be the check for credit limit? I am seeing tons of folks being given a 10-20K credit limit this way but I also see your mention of a 3L limit. I'm wondering which step here might be making a check for how much limit one person gets allotted. Quite fascinating.
Not sure there is any method to that madness.. The process described & one I faced had no step whatsoever to check income anywhere. Only possible exception being the CIBIL hit. But there too the total credit exposure, credit limits should be obtainable & that should not be the reason for these low limits. Not an expert at what gets fetched via a CIBIL enquiry so just suggesting.. but all in all its quite perplexing. :D

Hi All,
Getting the Upgrade offer from HDFC.
They are offering Regalia or Millennia CC.
Is it now worth to go for Regalia or Millennia CC after SBI Cashback card are now launched.
Let me know.

I think because of SBI aggressive card they are offering to more people.

View attachment 4141
I am already holding one HDFC MoneyBack Card, seems I never find Millenia as super beneficial for some clauses like you have to spend more than Rs 2000 every time for making yourself rewards eligible. I am not an avid HDFC CC user keeping this CC for offers only. Hence, didn't find this clause friendly for any token-size transaction. I found MoneyBack+ comparatively better option for myself or those who are following the same pattern as me. Though, HDFC is not offering MoneyBack+ as LTF as an upgrade.

why nobody applying C2C for cashback card. can give a good limit and less hassle.
I had applied with C2C, but except for biometric KYC, I have not got any call, got an initial welcome message with card details. but not sure about the limit and other details. May be tomorrow I will get to know the exact status.

Not sure there is any method to that madness.. The process described & one I faced had no step whatsoever to check income anywhere. Only possible exception being the CIBIL hit. But there too the total credit exposure, credit limits should be obtainable & that should not be the reason for these low limits. Not an expert at what gets fetched via a CIBIL enquiry so just suggesting.. but all in all its quite perplexing. :D
It indeed is! I completely agree. Right now, I think the smart or not-so-risky thing to do is sit and wait till they fix the entire system. I have a feeling SBI was quite unsure about the response they might get and now their systems are overwhelmed. I guess it might take a month or two to get these sprint fixes done (all hail SBI PMs 😂) so till then, sitting tight might be the best option.

I'll enjoy my Millennia till then xD

Edit: I see someone went ahead and made a whole video out of sbi charging renewal charges. They'll hopefully learn from this? Who knows.

Got a call from someone from SBI, who was congratulating me that my card is approved, however, I need to go with VKYC, and he will arrange a callback. :rolleyes:

Got a call from someone from SBI, who was congratulating me that my card is approved, however, I need to go with VKYC, and he will arrange a callback. :rolleyes:
Its the start of application.... Card us not approved yet.... After vkyc... Then esign of application... Then a verification call from Gurgaon... Physical verification also possible for office and home address...... Its just start of journey...

Its the start of application.... Card us not approved yet.... After vkyc... Then esign of application... Then a verification call from Gurgaon... Physical verification also possible for office and home address...... Its just start of journey...
Right bro. Just waiting for VKYC process. Didn't get time to complete it today because of office work.

Exactly the same case with me, I guess we just need to wait. No use calling customer care also.

I have income mentioned as 400 crore by bank of baroda in cibil...
IT Raid incoming eh? 🤪

Just received SMS, what is the meaning of this received SMS?
Many people got this SMS without even applying for a card. Looks like it got triggered randomly due to some configuration error on their side.

I am confused because after biometric KYC there was no call from SBIcard, I am already an SBI-card customer.
Biometric KYC as in an agent visited you? Had you scheduled a visit online or they just came on their own?

Approved.
Not really. Many got that message randomly. So while approval-based trigger of that SMS is a possibility, there is a higher chance that it got triggered due to some misconfiguration at their end.

Does this ₹1 bank deposit step is for new SBI users or for existing users also? I got the application number when applied yesterday and today got the sms mentioning card fees, etc. Wasn't able to apply for Add-on cards as it was showing some error. No calls received. Skipped the option to book a slot for docs pickup.
As far as I know, only for new customers. Existing ones getting the same issue you mentioned.

They have goofed up a lot of peoples income.... Kaha kaha jaega IT wale
Haha woh bhi sahi baat hai :P

why nobody applying C2C for cashback card. can give a good limit and less hassle.
C2C via branch? I didn't see any option for C2C online.

Did you guys get some confirmation after esigning through nesl? My e signing went ok till one verifies through aadhaar and otp received after which the page turned blank. Now clicking on the same Nesl link just shows preview for esigned document and signature not verified in the place there was apply/proceed button when i first got the link. Much appreciate any help on this regard.
I didnt even manage to reach the NESL step :(

Thanks. I got the call from this number 011 4308 7509 dont know of its from gurgaon but the lady said it was being recorded and asked me everything that the agent had briefed me about the verification call(namely to say that you have gst number even if you dont and the office is on the gf and the board is there etc etc as mine is self employed application) she reconfirmed /checked everything in my application
Wow looks like they are promoting fraud themselves :D

Looks like I am the only one left till now for Gurgaon call
Me too. My application just says we have received your online application. Nothing after that. No mail, no sms, no confirmation whatsoever.

Hehe. But she only sent the nesl link so highly unlikely
But how do they get away with this? What if there is a physical verification later? Card can be suspended right?

Sbi agent will do every damn thing to get your card approved... There is a reason they are 2nd in market without having a single ltf card
And at the same time, they refuse to give a card that an existing customer wants. Weird policies :/

They give cards according to their commission.... I have heard pulse and prime have highest commissions
No wonder they were hellbent on me "upgrading" to prime. I flat out refused.

Did you guys get some confirmation after esigning through nesl? My e signing went ok till one verifies through aadhaar and otp received after which the page turned blank. Now clicking on the same Nesl link just shows preview for esigned document and signature not verified in the place there was apply/proceed button when i first got the link. Much appreciate any help on this regard.

It has actually being esignd.... After u entered aadhar otp... Nothing to do more just download your application on last page..... If verification call from Gurgaon comes.. Just say each and every word same as filled in application... I did my esign on Saturday... Till now no update further

I think first the agent called to confirm if my vkyc went ok and then prepared me for fa verification call that would follow. I got NESL link both on sms and email through the lady who i think was verifying me post the agents briefing. I just dont know now whether j have e signed it allright. The sbi corporate site is showing the application as complete. This SBI application process is really getting on my nerves now😔

Back