• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Cashback SBI card launched!

pjain2712

TF Premier
Last edited:
today I got this message and my virtual card..

Dear Cardholder, welcome to the SBI Card family.
You can start using your new SBI Credit Card for online transactions right away! Simply click the link to view your card details: https://www.sbicard.com/i/4jM7GE3L--. Please note your physical card is being sent and will reach you in 5 working days. Download SBI Card App: www.sbicard.com/mobile-app.
Congratulations bro. How much limit you got?

Congratulations bro. How much limit you got?

You can start using your new SBI Credit Card for online transactions right away! Simply click the link to view your card details: https://www.sbicard.com/i/4jM7GE3L--. Please note your physical card is being sent and will reach you in 5 working days. Download SBI Card App: www.sbicard.com/mobile-app.
Had u got any previous messages regarding the application getting processed? Because I received message yesterday that my card has been approved but didn't receive the virtual card link.

I got this 11 day sms before 10sept still it shows application status in process.....don't know why so much delay
Got the approved msg yet to open link, no call/msg after the 11 days one. Will inform about limit and everything later when I check it.
Physical card to be delivered in next 5-7 days

Last edited:
Got the approved msg yet to open link, no call/msg after the 11 days one. Will inform about limit and everything later when I check it.
Physical card to be delivered in next 5-7 days
Its just approval message and link to view signed form. No link for virtual card.

In this case will I have to wait till the card is delivered or the message will arrive in sometime with virtual card details?

Not a SBI card holder so cannot check through the SBI cards app

I got third call (after KYC + application verification), all of them saying I'm eligible for Elite/Prime and can't provide cashback due to some technical issues. I got these calls after escalating in twitter & N.O. about status of my application (applied 2/9).

My neighbour also applied Cashback card but during verification stage they changed it to Air India Platinum. Said that, it will be like that but card will be cashback only, I said don't believe them.

Now, I lost hope that I'll get Cashback card (even Nodal Officer not responding in 5 working days), eventually if this won't complete within 21 days they'll respond with message saying "your application rejected due to internal policies/no cards/ salary etc." reason.

In July, they rejected SBI Simply Click with the same reason when that person still waiting for KYC but crossed 21 days and enquiried about status. Still today that person getting messages "to complete your application, click this link - that will show appointment schedule but no one comes/call that day".

Unnecessarily wasted enquiry, and provide data to these agents where they playing as they see it (why can't online application should be processed in online).
Never ever contact them regarding status of ur application... After u have done everything from ur side.... They are full of applications currently.... They will do something stupid... Last time I contacted them regarding status of my application... It was rejected within half hour of my enquiry... Let them take their sweet little time.... Dont let the spotlight on ur application...

Did my VKYC and e-sign on 14th Sep. 11 day msg received last thursday and today I can see new card in SBI app however limit assigned is only 10k. Strangely no approval msg recieved till now. I also have octane card with limit of 275k. Ola card is blocked with limit 125k, any idea how should I get the limit increased, otherwise this really is of no use.

They are trying to call me since morning today.

But the call is getting dropped repeatedly.

Btw the call is coming from Ghaziabad and not Gurgaon for me
I too experienced the same thing today and eventually someone called for card protection plan and after that new card is added in app..

Are u able to see the full card number, After registration in app I can only last 4 digit. due to this not able to use the card

suddenly today they rejected my applicaiton without mentioning exact reason...

applied on 3rd.. completed kyc and all.. they even pull 2 cibil enquiry

already hold simplyclick..

new customers getting card and existing one's getting rejected..

what should i do now, any suggestion ?

Never ever contact them regarding status of ur application... After u have done everything from ur side.... They are full of applications currently.... They will do something stupid... Last time I contacted them regarding status of my application... It was rejected within half hour of my enquiry... Let them take their sweet little time.... Dont let the spotlight on ur application...
Someone on twitter asked SBI about status of application, SBI replied to him that his application is rejected. The guy was shocked. I just hope he is not from our forum.

Had u got any previous messages regarding the application getting processed? Because I received message yesterday that my card has been approved but didn't receive the virtual card link.
last message was 11 day message before 4 days.

I applied for Cashback card on 3rd Sept. 1 physical KYC and 3 times tele KYC was done. 4th time they called for asking how much limit should they move from my existing SBI BPCL card to this new card. Then I came to know that my card got approved, but no SMS or email confirmation yet. Website is still showing - "Your SBI Card Application is in progress. We will get back to you soon."

UPDATE: I have received a SMS now that my card is dispatched. And a Cashback card number is also showing in the android app. 🕺:)
I received the card today evening.
There was neither any SMS / Email about card approval nor any link for e-card.
Directly the SMS was for card dispatch through Delhivery.

Back