• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Cashback SBI card launched!

pjain2712

TF Premier
Last edited:
It depends on MCC. If your current month expenses do not have any transaction that fetched 5% cashback, chances are you can estimate max. 5k.
i dont actually have the card yet, will apply c2c only for the vehicle purchase, and close/convert to other card as i already have millennia to cover the rest of the expenses. Does ola GV work for vehicle purchase btw?

Limit issue still exists but it is random. Since SBI does not issue directly, existing home loan might not be in consideration for approval or underwriting credit limit.
I can't confirm about loan but as far as limit is concerned, my father had ppf and salary account in SBI (govt employee, decent salary). He had no existing credit cards, only a home loan from hdfc. Applied for cashback, but got pulse with limit of 4.65L.

I can't confirm about loan but as far as limit is concerned, my father had ppf and salary account in SBI (govt employee, decent salary). He had no existing credit cards, only a home loan from hdfc. Applied for cashback, but got pulse with limit of 4.65L.
they cant do that, did they intimate your father before sending the card?

oh, thats bad as i heard alot of people are getting 20k-25k limit on the card. my father still has home loan with sbi, does that increase the chances of higher limit?
What is the highest credit card limit reported in his CIBIL?

If he doesn't have any SBI credit card, then he can try applying via Sprint. They will provide a credit limit that is closest to the highest credit limit reported in his CIBIL if it's his first SBI credit card. However, people who apply for a second or third SBI credit card often get a low credit limit.

What is the highest credit card limit reported in his CIBIL?

If he doesn't have any SBI credit card, then he can try applying via Sprint. They will provide a credit limit that is closest to the highest credit limit reported in his CIBIL if it's his first SBI credit card. However, people who apply for a second or third SBI credit card often get a low credit limit.
He only has 2 cards with 2.07L for hdfc millennia and neu infinity. If that's the case then will ask him to apply for cashback card, thanks for the information!

He must have said yes unintentionally over IVR call. These bastards do this everytime.
Nahi Bhai. Had applied through yono. Person came for kyc two days later. Got a text for cashback card application. No response in next 10 days. Called cc, they told to wait 21 days. Called after that, again no response. 2 months went by, started mailing nodal officers. Then the agent who came for kyc called and asked for bank statements, which I declined to give. Was on mail with PNO and CS-Head for next 1-2 days. Suddenly on 3rd day, got a spree of msgs, your card application for pulse is under process, upgrade to elite, and also application approved (on same day). I called them that I didn't request pulse, they told me that I did.
Now after card approval, i got a mail with the application form. That MC agent had filled that entire form himself, signed for my father, got a debit mandate from his SBI branch by faking sign of asst. branch manager.
I went to the branch, lodged formal complaint etc etc. BC kuch nhi hua. Had already closed the card before receiving it.

Infact bro, branch manager ko bhi dhamki de kar aaya tha ki if they don't look into it then I'll put an FIR against branch manager for not verifying my signatures before approving debit mandate.. sab ke sab choorr hain.
Nahi Bhai. Had applied through yono. Person came for kyc two days later. Got a text for cashback card application. No response in next 10 days. Called cc, they told to wait 21 days. Called after that, again no response. 2 months went by, started mailing nodal officers. Then the agent who came for kyc called and asked for bank statements, which I declined to give. Was on mail with PNO and CS-Head for next 1-2 days. Suddenly on 3rd day, got a spree of msgs, your card application for pulse is under process, upgrade to elite, and also application approved (on same day). I called them that I didn't request pulse, they told me that I did.
Now after card approval, i got a mail with the application form. That MC agent had filled that entire form himself, signed for my father, got a debit mandate from his SBI branch by faking sign of asst. branch manager.
I went to the branch, lodged formal complaint etc etc. BC kuch nhi hua. Had already closed the card before receiving it.

Back