• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Niyo Equitas Debit Card

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Update: Niyo is waiving the joining charges of 199+GST for this card on initial loading of INR 1000 or more.

I got this one as it is easy, cheap, convenient option for using overseas. While applying, got to know about this offer.
The charges of 236 got refunded within 1 hour of loading the card account.

So, it is good for using atleast 1 year. Will see before renewal if I want to continue or close it!

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The Zero Forex Debit Card that was offered by Niyo-SBM was a life saver for me during my Dubai trip.

Hope this will be the best alternate.
totally agree with you. Although it doesn't have any reward structure, still was convenient and cost effective card. Compliances ka chakkar bhari pad gya bass!

gowthamv

TF Premier
totally agree with you. Although it doesn't have any reward structure, still was convenient and cost effective card. Compliances ka chakkar bhari pad gya bass!
Had to purchase gold and electronics in Dubai. The value was around 4-5L. Since this account had a proper NEFT setup, I was able to transfer funds from my main Axis account to Niyo-SBM account very easily. The card worked flawlessly there.

Even when I was out of funds during the trip, My sister and dad was able to send money to this Niyo account through Google Pay. It was super convenient.

My friend who is in Germany for his Education, used this card during his early days in Germany. His parents would simply do a NEFT to his Niyo Account and he would use the card there.

And the most important feature for me was the Currency Converter in the Niyo App. It will show the exact INR that is going to be charged when the card is going to be used for a POS transaction abroad.

As you said, Credit Cards has the advantage of reward structure. But what is important to me is the convenience. ( I have not used Zero Forex CCs till now. So I might be wrong on the convenience part)

Last edited:

RadioactiveTabela

TF Premier
Update: Niyo is waiving the joining charges of 199+GST for this card on initial loading of INR 1000 or more.

I got this one as it is easy, cheap, convenient option for using overseas. While applying, got to know about this offer.
The charges of 236 got refunded within 1 hour of loading the card account.

So, it is good for using atleast 1 year. Will see before renewal if I want to continue or close it!
The waiver is for joining fees only & not annual fees, right?

Reactions: R@J

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just checked with Niyo Equitas team, they say there are no annual fees for the card and the issuance fees are refunded back.

This effectively makes it free.

What other charges are you referring to?
That's what I was also told for niyo equitas global. I trust niyo somewhat after using niyo sbm account. If was good while it lasted.