• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Niyo: SBM vs Equitas vs DCB

RM95

TF Select
Niyo Global is providing 3 bank options - debit cards with DCB and Equitas bank, and FD backed credit card with SBM.

Can the SBM cc be used to withdraw money from ATMs in foreign countries (as it is a credit card)?

Are there similar ATM withdrawal charges for DCB and Equitas as well (as they are debit cards)?

Also, Niyo global app says all three provide access to international lounges in India, but saw a comment here that DCB provides no lounge access. Anyone got any idea on this?

Out of all three, which is the best option for international trips in terms of cash withdrawal and online/POS usage in foreign countries?

Sorry for the long post, this will be my first intl trip, and I couldn't find anything specific to this in the community.

realSP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can the SBM cc be used to withdraw money from ATMs in foreign countries (as it is a credit card)?
Yes you can use the SBM CC withdraw the cash from International ATM and charges applicable.

Are there similar ATM withdrawal charges for DCB and Equitas as well (as they are debit cards)?
within INDIA no ATM withdrawal charges, yes for International ATM charges applicable.

Also, Niyo global app says all three provide access to international lounges in India, but saw a comment here that DCB provides no lounge access. Anyone got any idea on this?
If you are applying for a New Niyo DCB account then you will have access to International lounges in india. For old Niyo DCB account holders are considers as Current account holder and there is no Lounges access.

Out of all three, which is the best option for international trips in terms of cash withdrawal and online/POS usage in foreign countries?
Niyo Equitas and Niyo DCB are the best, in my opinion.

Rishi8078

TF Neo
Yes you can use the SBM CC withdraw the cash from International ATM and charges applicable.

within INDIA no ATM withdrawal charges, yes for International ATM charges applicable.

If you are applying for a New Niyo DCB account then you will have access to International lounges in india. For old Niyo DCB account holders are considers as Current account holder and there is no Lounges access.

Niyo Equitas and Niyo DCB are the best, in my opinion.
are there any differences btw Niyo Equitas and Niyo DCB, I saw that Equitas charges for the card although the reverse it once we add 1000 rupees but from the next year onwards will i be charged?, so is it better to go with DCB

realSP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
are there any differences btw Niyo Equitas and Niyo DCB, I saw that Equitas charges for the card although the reverse it once we add 1000 rupees but from the next year onwards will i be charged?, so is it better to go with DCB
yes first year your debit card issuance charges are reversed when you do 1000Rs deposit, then every year they charge 199+taxes for renewal of debit card. For Niyo DCB there is no annual charges, But Per ATM withdrawal charges are high Rs300/- Check this below comparison, you will find that Niyo Equitas is best all three.
Untitled.png

My recent experience with niyo DCB and Equitas. Whenever you do any transaction using DCB Card they will charge 10% tcs upfront. This will be reversed within 3 days. No upfront TCS with Equitas though but you have to upfront declare international travel in app. One bad experience was Equitas account got locked for 7 days due to some inward transactions. Luckily I had backup.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Niyo Global is providing 3 bank options - debit cards with DCB and Equitas bank, and FD backed credit card with SBM.

Sorry for the long post, this will be my first intl trip, and I couldn't find anything specific to this in the community.
Open Indie acc..
50k initial deposit will get you
Zero balance account+ 0 forex+ 0 atm withdrawal fee(in international atm also).
In megastar variety

gowthamv

TF Premier
yes first year your debit card issuance charges are reversed when you do 1000Rs deposit, then every year they charge 199+taxes for renewal of debit card. For Niyo DCB there is no annual charges, But Per ATM withdrawal charges are high Rs300/- Check this below comparison, you will find that Niyo Equitas is best all three.
Niyo Customer Care told that the annual charges has been removed for Equitas Account Debit Cards.

realSP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Niyo Customer Care told that the annual charges has been removed for Equitas Account Debit Cards.
I dont think soo. may be they pointed out you that when you do first deposit of 1000Rs, they will reverse you the debit card annual charges. From second year you will be charged 199+ tax for renewal of debit card.

gowthamv

TF Premier
Opened a Niyo Equitas Account. Applied for Physical Debit Card. Loaded 10k via UPI.

And can confirm that Debit Card Issuance Charges has been refunded automatically.

1693994803997.png

(Was not aware that this can be used as a full fledged Equitas Bank Account. We can access the same account in Equitas Net Banking application too)

shubhamosy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Okay, so Niyo DCB has hidden TnC. I got my Niyo DCB card today and skipped Equitas because of DC charges, but to my surprise, DCB will also charge an annual fee of 500 rupees if you maintain below 5K for the last 4 quarters.

1694331300556.png 1694331320574.png

Abinesh

TF Neo
Untitled.png
In niyo global sbm credit card..So 5000₹ is FD..if we add extra amount we can withdraw @ any time..n no need to add to the account..so there is no penalty(late payment fee)..so if we withdraw from this 5000₹ FD and not adding the amount to account means less than 5000₹ there is the penalty(late payment fee) if we are not paying?

Am i correct please explain sir??😢

skywalker

TF Select
I’m unable to perform any online international transactions using my Niyo Equitas DC since past few weeks. It was working fine before that. My account is only 2 months old. I’ve checked all the transaction limits and all, it’s all good on that front. Anyone else facing this issue?

vgarg

TF Buzz
Got a new Niyo X Equitas. It has 499 as international cash withdrawal charges. Is there any better card. I had a go niyo but that doesn’t work intentionally now.