• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Non BBPS payments via 3rd party apps to be stopped by RBI forcing all banks to register as BBPS billers

RBI has directed all CC payments to be made using BBPS only.

3rd party apps to stop non bbps card payments from 1st July onwards.

Banks who are not registered as a BBPS biller have been given time till 30th June but 90 days extension has been sought from RBI.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240621_094649_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240621_094649_Samsung Internet.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Looks like banks have implemented the Bill payment via BBPS in different ways.

Like in case of SBI, you can pay anytime an amount upto total amount due plus 5% of credit limit even if the bill is not generated or last bill is paid already.
For example if Credit limit is 1 lac then max amount at credit of SBI can be 1.05 lac. And if your last bill is say 50k, then you can pay up to 55k. And suppose you pay full 55k and spend 10k, then balance left is 5k. You can again pay up to 10k , even before generation of bill.
This is what I observed with SBI CC, I welcome to be corrected.

ICICI implementation is different. It always shows your billed amount due unless you settle the complete bill. So If your bill is say 10k and you pay 5k today, after a day if you fetch bill from another app it will again show 10k. And if in meanwhile you spend 20k, and fetch bill, it will continue to show 10k till generation of next bill.

HDFC ka bhi thoda alag hai, but itna observe nahin kiya hai.

If I my observations are misplaced, don't shoot me.
I can't even pay 1 Rs more than my current outstanding in SBI credit card. Have you checked 5% more thing personally?

I can't even pay 1 Rs more than my current outstanding in SBI credit card. Have you checked 5% more thing personally?
Yes. SBI I've checked via SBI Unipay. It actually shows maximum amount that can be paid.
But things are changing everyday. If there's is some recent change I'm not aware.
No. SBI is having a concept called "Maximum Permissible Amount". They are accepting payments till this amount.
For example, if you bill amount is 10000 and you have spent 5000 after that, the total outstanding will be 15000. You can pay max 15000.

This is my observation.

No. SBI is having a concept called "Maximum Permissible Amount". They are accepting payments till this amount.
For example, if you bill amount is 10000 and you have spent 5000 after that, the total outstanding will be 15000. You can pay max 15000.

This is my observation.
Not like that. We can pay any amount upto (or 5% more) our current outstanding. I have paid more than double amount of my statement due.

Looks like we can only Pay Last billed Amount like HDFC. In my case it is showing up that Payment Recieved no bill due😂
When ICICI went live, they were showing this error for 7-10 days before it gets corrected. Seems like after bank implementation, BBPS takes own sweet time to get bill data from banks. Axis will take 3-7-10 days more now to start showing bill.

I entered my Citi Bank Migrated card in BBPS and it showed me the option to pay the previous month's due amount and also the total outstanding. I think I can prepay at least the amount showing in the total outstanding. I am able to do the same in ICICI & IDFC. Only HDFC shows that Bill is not due/ Already paid error after you have paid the entire bill.

REL*RELIANCE PAYMENT S
Bhai abhi vhi kaam kar raha hu. Bill bhar raha hu ghar ke, OTP puch puch ke.
Don't leave any debit card belonging to any family member. Keep it up. :geek:

For me it shows Complete: Reliance Payment Soultions. Should be Reliance Cashback Solutions.

I paid Axis Bank CC bill payment via HDFC Bill payment services as usual but after payment when I received SMS then it was showing *RENTALBBPSNO* so I think HDFC billpay changed the MCC code and I am not going to get the cashback for my hdfc platinum dc.

@Abhishek012 @VISHESH_BANSAL @Walter White can you confirm that ?
Follow these threads for the detailed discussion on this. And yes RENTALBBPSNO is not giving 1% on HDFC Platinum DC.

Thread 'HDFC Billpay MCC Change?'

Thread 'Latest working methods to pay credit card bill from debit cards'

Follow these threads for the detailed discussion on this. And yes RENTALBBPSNO is not giving 1% on HDFC Platinum DC.

Thread 'HDFC Billpay MCC Change?'

Thread 'Latest working methods to pay credit card bill from debit cards'
It seems like merchant name RENTALBBPSNO is for non-bbps listed billers like axis cc and for other cc billers like icici, who are listed on BBPS it is still showing 'BBPSBILLPAY' merchant name on HDFC billpay.'BBPSBILLPAY' should fetch 1% cb on platidum dc.

Back