• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Non BBPS payments via 3rd party apps to be stopped by RBI forcing all banks to register as BBPS billers

RBI has directed all CC payments to be made using BBPS only.

3rd party apps to stop non bbps card payments from 1st July onwards.

Banks who are not registered as a BBPS biller have been given time till 30th June but 90 days extension has been sought from RBI.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240621_094649_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240621_094649_Samsung Internet.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
I have given email access to Mobikwik, but I cannot use the FULLPAY code with AMEX card as AMEX doesn't send a bill to email. It sends an email with a link to online statement.

How can I apply the code FULLPAY for paying AMEX CC bills in Mobikwik?
It will fatch from your text sms. Provide text sms read permission to mobikwik

HI All,

What mode I can use to Pay HSBC CC bill payment of about 60 K using HDFC DC?
Till it works, Use Unipay, Setu or Jiofin as these having Utilities MCC. Once they change it will be all over. So enjoy till it lasts because exploiters are killing it now. :( You didn't metnione which DC? I suppose it's Platinum.

I need to first close existing rupay virtual and then apply again visa virtual? possible via yono? steps?
Yes, you need to close rupay virtual first and only then can generate new card with new number and variant. Can be done both on YONO under Debit Cards and select your VDC and click deactivate/close card. On netbanking also under services and then debit card you can view and select the card to deactivate.

• No. of Virtual Debit Card issued in an account per customer- 1 (One) Customer can permanently block existing Virtual debit Card and request for new Virtual Debit Card.

• Number of times request can be made in a year for Virtual Debit Card through online channels – 5 (Five)

Yes, you need to close rupay virtual first and only then can generate new card with new number and variant. Can be done both on YONO under Debit Cards and select your VDC and click deactivate/close card. On netbanking also under services and then debit card you can view and select the card to deactivate.

• No. of Virtual Debit Card issued in an account per customer- 1 (One) Customer can permanently block existing Virtual debit Card and request for new Virtual Debit Card.

• Number of times request can be made in a year for Virtual Debit Card through online channels – 5 (Five)
Got visa virtual.. thanks..

JioFin App Merchant name changed from Reliance Payment Solutions to RPSLLDCASH (short form).

I hope they haven't fixed the MCC of Utilities as till Aug 14th, I got Reliance Payment Solutions. Caution: Please don't call any Customer Care.

Beware: ICICI Credit Card Holders.

From last two months, Auto-Pay isn't working as it should. My friend having auto-pay active ended up with Finance charges which later reversed by ICICI as he had original statement to show where it says, Auto-Pay is active. Mostly on due date ICICI used to deduct but not happening these days. Can affect credit score. He don't do partial payments like we do.

My own case, where my father ICICI CC had a meagre Rs.200 due on 20-July-2024 and it was not deducted. Waited for next 2nd working days and paid at night (i.e on Day 2 of 3 days grace period). I thought it was one-off but now when my friends faced same I am sharing that there is a big problem with their system now. Maybe after BBPS integration their auto-pay has gone nuts. I already witnessed the same with 4-5 cases here now. So there may be technical problem. We understand that if it is holiday they deduct next working day but in some cases I found they took 5 days also and later charged Finance charges.

Last edited:
Dear Customer, Our systems will be under maintenance on 25th Aug. HSBC Debit and Credit Card services, Internet, Mobile banking & UPI platforms may not be available from 01:00 AM IST IST to 06:00 AM IST (Indian standard time). We regret the inconvenience and request you to plan your banking needs accordingly.

BBPS integration loading?

Dear Customer, Our systems will be under maintenance on 25th Aug. HSBC Debit and Credit Card services, Internet, Mobile banking & UPI platforms may not be available from 01:00 AM IST IST to 06:00 AM IST (Indian standard time). We regret the inconvenience and request you to plan your banking needs accordingly.

BBPS integration loading?
Looks like ! !

Think the same is happening for stanC, heard they are the fund collectors for amex. So we can expect both on bbps soon. Any info/thoughts ?

Back