• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Non BBPS payments via 3rd party apps to be stopped by RBI forcing all banks to register as BBPS billers

RBI has directed all CC payments to be made using BBPS only.

3rd party apps to stop non bbps card payments from 1st July onwards.

Banks who are not registered as a BBPS biller have been given time till 30th June but 90 days extension has been sought from RBI.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240621_094649_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240621_094649_Samsung Internet.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Update for HDFC Bank Account holder (DC Users):

All HDFC users check their smart statement sent on email link by HDFC. You can open the statement using Customer ID as password on external page that opens.

Now, go to Expense Analysis tab.

On this page Select account type as savings and account number whose DC is used to pay and click View. In this check what percentage Purchase is showing and Bill Payment category shows below the graph.

Here we can take clue as to how our payments are getting categorized. Mine shows 98% as purchase and 2% as investment which is a fund tfr entry credited. Others are zero. So my millennia DC txns are considered fully under POS.

Edit: My account is preferred so there is seperate tab for it in smart staement. For normal/other account types, you get option of Expense Analsysis in Financial Summary tab. Just select account and click view. It shows Online Transactions and Purchase category differently.

Those who did RENTALBBPSNO payments can also check as how their txns are categorized.

Last edited:
Update for HDFC Bank Account holder (DC Users):

All HDFC users check their smart statement sent on email link by HDFC. You can open the statement using Customer ID as password on external page that opens.

Now, go to Expense Analysis tab.

On this page Select account type as savings and account number whose DC is used to pay and click View. In this check what percentage Purchase is showing and Bill Payment category shows below the graph.

Here we can take clue as to how our payments are getting categorized. Mine shows 98% as purchase and 2% as investment which is a fund tfr entry credited. Others are zero. So my millennia DC txns are considered fully under POS.

Edit: My account is preferred so there is seperate tab for it in smart staement. For normal/other account types, you get option of Expense Analsysis in Financial Summary tab. Just select account and click view. It shows Online Transactions and Purchase category differently.

Those who did RENTALBBPSNO payments can also check as how their txns are categorized.
I wish they should improve it to show transaction details as well. E.g. I too got purchase but I also got Online Txn and others. So I see no way to understand where my UPI transactions are counted under others? or Online Txn? I mostly use my account for UPI and hdfc billpay.

🚫❌HDFC billpay and SBI unipay doesn't support Non BBPS billers anymore (Amex, HSBC etc)❌🚫

HDFC won't allow to add.

SBI unipay will allow and then transaction will fail.

Kindly avoid
Which other platform we can use for 1% hdfc cashback now ? Any idea ? I was going to pay for HSBC but now it’s not available.

Back