• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Old Phone Dead

Bittu121

TF Buzz
HI mates
Don't know whether this is allowed or not. Please remove post if not allowed.

My old phone have charging issues and after several attempts of repairing its still unresolved. So if anybody have a dead old phone or any knowledge about the issue then please reply.
Device: Redmi Note 10 Pro

Issue: Sometimes its charging with full speed sometimes very slow. Also sometimes it automatically disconnects in the mid journey. Charging board replaced twice still the issue persists. Technician told the reason may be due to duplicate parts.

This problem was introduced to me when once I had charged it with a dash charger of one plus.
Already tried with different mi cables and chargers of same rating.

HI mates
Don't know whether this is allowed or not. Please remove post if not allowed.

My old phone have charging issues and after several attempts of repairing its still unresolved. So if anybody have a dead old phone or any knowledge about the issue then please reply.
Device: Redmi Note 10 Pro

Issue: Sometimes its charging with full speed sometimes very slow. Also sometimes it automatically disconnects in the mid journey. Charging board replaced twice still the issue persists. Technician told the reason may be due to duplicate parts.

This problem was introduced to me when once I had charged it with a dash charger of one plus.
Already tried with different mi cables and chargers of same rating.
You have answered it yourself, repair it with genuine parts at authorised service center.
And buy a 10/12/18 watt charger, safest for battery circuitry

You have answered it yourself, repair it with genuine parts at authorised service center.
And buy a 10/12/18 watt charger, safest for battery circuitry
This is correct answer.
Don't buy a new phone unless you can purchase it at the same cost as repairing (~1k).
Also, do you ever buy a second-hand or refurbished phone, same thing goes for repairing, don't do third-quality repairs and you are good to go

They will overcharge heavily. Just wanted a dead phone to use its parts. That will be economical.
How that is going to overcharge heavily?
You are currently using 33 watt oneplus charger!

1) Upto 18 watt charger is the safest of lot, you should even consider using a 10 watt charger,
Fast charging generates more heat which is bad for the battery circuitry.

2) You are not ready to buy genuine parts.

I will advise you to stop asking for advise, if you have already made up your mind.

How that is going to overcharge heavily?
You are currently using 33 watt oneplus charger!

1) Upto 18 watt charger is the safest of lot, you should even consider using a 10 watt charger,
Fast charging generates more heat which is bad for the battery circuitry.

2) You are not ready to buy genuine parts.

I will advise you to stop asking for advise, if you have already made up your mind.
No bro. You got me wrong. I was mentioning service center charges not the chargers. Service center will overcharge for the small things. I can pay at service center but I will get a lot of things in someone's dead mobile at the same or less price. Also I am not using any one plus charger. I used that only once and due to which this problem exists till date. I am using official mi charger with genuine mi cable.
And also as per your recommendation I will use 18w charger until the issue exists.

Last edited:
No bro. You got me wrong. I was mentioning service center charges not the chargers. Service center will overcharge for the small things. I can pay at service center but I will get a lot of things in someone's dead mobile at the same or less price. Also I am not using any one plus charger. I used that only once and due to which this problem exists till date. I am using official mi charger with genuine mi cable.
And also as per your recommendation I will use 18w charger until the issue exists.
Sorry, in that case I assumed it wrong, due to word 'overcharge',
And, yes, there is a reason why pixel series phones came with 18 watt charging support only (firmware) until recently
You may use 10/12 watt also until problem persists, because most of the phones charge rapidly till 40 to 60% of battery level only, so it wont affect much in overall charging time (hardly 15-30mins)

Even if you repair, no guarantee that it wont run in to other problem.
Time to replace your phone. Phones are essential tools these days, don't need to risk carrying a phone that might fail on you when you need it!

Back