• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pathetic sbi card application journey

yogobit

TF Select
I had applied for two cards on same day 2 Oct sbi & icici

Icici rubyx was approved in a week on 9 Oct with 2.9 lakh limit

Sbi process :

Compelled me to do in person kyc

Multiple kyc appointments were missed

After calls to customer care & mails finally agent showed up during lunch time stating no worries its pre approved would you like to apply for add on card& dragged a simple aadhar based kyc for 2 hours saying link unavailable

Then 2 verification calls , one from regional office & offered me to apply for pulse instead of simply click

Then post verifying email link next day call from gurgaon possibly

Then I get a message with card variant & limit

Then when there was no update, I escalated to nodal officer who informed application declined

I gave up

Then I get a call on 18 Nov from regional sbi backend team who asked for my pan to retrive decline reason

I asked for name & designation & shared PAN

Reason given manual underwriting U4 final approval officer had declined from gurgaon office

Then he requested me to do a fresh application as this was close to 2 months old

I declined stating I'm extremely displeased & do not wish to apply unless I'm explicitly stated reason for decline

Then suddenly on 29 Nov I receive text from sbi stating my application is in process & they're fetching my credit records.

Then get a cibil email stating my cibil has been hard pulled

Then within few minutes get bombarded with calls from sbi verified number , finally hear a voice connect says he's from verification dept & I reluctantly verify my residential & office address post confirming the app number as the original one from 2 Oct

Then next day again get exact same verification call & again give all details

Then few days later in tracker see the same app declined status

Worst fears come true they hard pulled my cibil a 2nd time on 29 Nov without my approval

Please share your sbi card application journeys , wish to know if anyone else experienced this nightmare stretching over two months

Last edited:
Usually, It's an instant approval from the Sprint portal. else, They arrange an eKYC next day. The same happened to me. I was worried when the application was failing in the Sprint portal.
Your case is really something. It would be best if you escalated this matter. and certainly, the case of cibil enquiry without your consent to RBI Ombudsman.

Every bank was ready to give me a ltf card with max limit but only SBI stood out of the crowd by rejecting me every time I apply! Reason not able to locate my office which is bang on the main road and in the centre of the city!!!

No body has contacted me for doing e-KYC after applying for SBI Cashback CC since past 3 days. I keep on selecting new slots but no use. Is there any way to do KYC? No option visible on sprint web/app.

SBI works at Snail pace.

I wanted to apply their one of premium card and their team took 1.5 month to complete the process.

The person whom I was in touch is city's main branch credit card Manager, for him itself took that much time to do.

But I remember , an agent came to my home to take biometric.

Usually, It's an instant approval from the Sprint portal. else, They arrange an eKYC next day. The same happened to me. I was worried when the application was failing in the Sprint portal.
Your case is really something. It would be best if you escalated this matter. and certainly, the case of cibil enquiry without your consent to RBI Ombudsman.
Maybe extra only when its cb card

Back