• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pay Credit Card Bill Via HDFC Bill Payment Portal And Get 1% Cashback

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Are you paying your credit card bill via 3rd party app or directly from your bank portal? then you are probably losing 1% cashback.
If you pay your credit card bill via HDFC Bank bill payment portal using your HDFC Bank debit card then you can earn 1% cashback, maximum Cashback capping depends on your debit card type.
Maximum Cashback Capping-
If you have HDFC Easyshop Platinum debit card then you can earn 1% upto Rs. 750 per month, just pay Rs. 75,000 bill & get Rs. 750 cashback.
If you have HDFC Millennia debit card then you can earn 1% upto Rs. 400 per month, just pay Rs. 40,000 bill & get Rs. 400 cashback.

Not only credit card bill, you can pay any utility bill you want (must be available on Hdfc bank bill payment portal) & get 1% cashback.

To Pay Bill Follow These Steps-
1. Login to your HDFC Bank Netbaning
2. Click on "BillPay & Recharge" tab -> Click on Continue

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.01.56 PM.png

3. Now click on Add Biller
4. Select Credit Card
5. Now select your card provider name

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.02.48 PM.png

6. Enter your credit card detail
7. Enter amount you want to pay
8. Select your debit card from drop down menu
9. Click on pay

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.03.27 PM.png

10. Enter OTP & Done!

You'll receive 1% Cashback for the transaction, you can check & redeem your debit card Cashback from "Card Tab -> Debit Card -> Enquiry -> Cashback Enquiry & Redemption"

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.30.27 PM.png

Only cred gives the protection of paid date instead of settling date
Rest platform our risk so better to be punctual on settling date
Can you answer me 1% cashback for credit card bill payment is given though HDFC BILL PAYMENT PORTAL ONLY? Or it will be considered for any bill payment of credit card through using any portal like mobikwik, Paytm, cred etc . And after how many days in HDFC PLATINUM CARD WE CAN SEE THE CASHBACK REWARDS THERE ?

I have made credit card bill payment through PAYTM - mobikwik using my HDFC platinum card. I also didn't received the 1% cashback neither for payment of NPS payment. Can you people clear me regarding this . I am new here for this community.

Can you answer me 1% cashback for credit card bill payment is given though HDFC BILL PAYMENT PORTAL ONLY? Or it will be considered for any bill payment of credit card through using any portal like mobikwik, Paytm, cred etc . And after how many days in HDFC PLATINUM CARD WE CAN SEE THE CASHBACK REWARDS THERE ?

I have made credit card bill payment through PAYTM - mobikwik using my HDFC platinum card. I also didn't received the 1% cashback neither for payment of NPS payment. Can you people clear me regarding this . I am new here for this community.
For 1% cb in that debit card use hdfc net banking or Mobikwik only
After u paid bill post 5 working days u get cash back points which u need to redeem manually

Try point 2 from here
https://www.technofino.in/community...yshop-debit-card-to-platinum.9333/post-150690

Also check point 1

Point 3 doesn't apply to you

Finally, look at this: (instead of using the DC use the a/c. If it goes through fault is with the DC. If it doesn't go through fault is with the biller)
https://www.technofino.in/community...yshop-debit-card-to-platinum.9333/post-150694
Thank you for your response. Actually I tried to add money to paytm wallet using my debit card it was successful so the limits are perfect.

I'm able to pay from my bank account but from DC I can't

I have not turned on smart pay

For 1% cb in that debit card use hdfc net banking or Mobikwik only
After u paid bill post 5 working days u get cash back points which u need to redeem manually
Thanks for your reply. One more help/ suggestion needed which platform you suggest MOBIKWIK OR HDFC NETBANKING FOR credit card bill payment.

Taking the concern of faster settlement of bill and safe payment.

Why I am asking this because after payment I didn't receive email from mobikwik that I made payment for so and so amount.

Please suggest

Thanks for your reply. One more help/ suggestion needed which platform you suggest MOBIKWIK OR HDFC NETBANKING FOR credit card bill payment.

Why I am asking this because after payment I didn't receive email from mobikwik that I made payment for so and so amount.

Please suggest
HDFC billpay for a safe option but it takes 3-4 working days to settle.
Mobikwik for quick settlement.

Please suggest
Better use hdfc app or net banking it’s safe for the money
Since MobiKwik is 3rd party they sometimes return the payment after 4 days
So far in hdfc app I never faced any failure only drawback we can’t pay hdfc own cards bill

Thank you for your response. Actually I tried to add money to paytm wallet using my debit card it was successful so the limits are perfect.

I'm able to pay from my bank account but from DC I can't

I have not turned on smart pay
So the biller is fine (because you can pay from your a/c)

Make sure both the limits are specified as per what I told you. HDFC Bill Pay definitely requires the Merchant one because it treats it as a POS transaction (check your Bank a/c statement after paying). I do not know which limit Paytm uses but is is probably the Online one. So, please set it as I specified and let us know

If you have already done it and it is still failing via BillPay, you can make the payment via Mobikwik using the DC. You will get the 1% cashback

Last edited:
What date will be considered ? To avoid late fee or whatever consequences..

Date of payment done via hdfc bill pay
or
Date of credit in credit card account

I want to make BoB rupay card payment via hdfc bill portal.
BoB due date is 4th April.

I want to make payment on 1st April.

Because I paid full 75k this month via hdfc platinum debit card on billpay portal.

Specifically for BOB cards
BOB card payments made via Bill Pay using the DC (done through the web interface) are instantaneously credited. I always get the credit SMS from BOB even before I get the debit SMS from HDFC. I would say there is a 99% chance everything will be fine. The 1% chance of it not getting credited on time is specifically for April 1st, it being a bank holiday. I can't remember if I've ever made a BOB payment on a bank holiday, so hence the 1% uncertainty. If I were you, I'd take the risk. However, just in case it doesn't work out, be ready to pay the CC bill using the interface from the BOB website on 3rd April
Also, you can carry out a test payment of 10 rupees (or 1 rupee if it allows you) this month itself via Bill Pay using the DC (done through the web interface) for the BOB card to check the date of credit.

So the biller is fine (because you can pay from your a/c)

Make sure both the limits are specified as per what I told you. HDFC Bill Pay definitely requires the Merchant one because it treats it as a POS transaction (check your Bank a/c statement after paying). I do not know which limit Paytm uses but is is probably the Online one. So, please set it as I specified and let us know

If you have already done it and it is still failing via BillPay, you can make the payment via Mobikwik using the DC. You will get the 1% cashback
Thank you for responding to me. But still failing Can I get 1% cash back from Mobikwik also. How?

Back