• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pinnacle Joining fee waiver

Raghav2006

TF Select
Hi all,
Around 10 days ago I got myself Pinnacle CC LTF with 5000 joining offer (waived on 50k spends) and wanted to know when will it be charged on my card.

Secondly, I've got a 80k to 100k purchase at reliance jewels this evening and saw on wohoo that I could get GV at 4% off using UPI and 2% off using CC.
Now I have a query that if I spend 50k using cc on wohoo todday itself, can I avoid the 5000 plus gst charge on my card altogether so that I can save the gst part which would not otherwise get refund.
And would I get any RP on using pinnacle on wohoo?

Or if the 5900 fees will be charged at the end of 90 days, should I wait till then if any purchase comes up where I can use this cc or else just do wallet to bank transfer at 3% to avoid this fees?

Please let me know.
Thanks and regards

@TechnoFino @SSV @helloworld @Adith @HumorSimpson @Anindya98 @codenerd @vaibhav111 @RS1910

do you know any cheap way of transferring money from cc to bank?
Bugs Bunny No GIF

Hi all,
Around 10 days ago I got myself Pinnacle CC LTF with 5000 joining offer (waived on 50k spends) and wanted to know when will it be charged on my card.

Secondly, I've got a 80k to 100k purchase at reliance jewels this evening and saw on wohoo that I could get GV at 4% off using UPI and 2% off using CC.
Now I have a query that if I spend 50k using cc on wohoo todday itself, can I avoid the 5000 plus gst charge on my card altogether so that I can save the gst part which would not otherwise get refund.

Or if the 5900 fees will be charged at the end of 90 days, should I wait till then if any purchase comes up where I can use this cc or else just do wallet to bank transfer at 3% to avoid this fees?

Please let me know.
Thanks and regards

@TechnoFino @SSV @helloworld @Adith @HumorSimpson @Anindya98 @codenerd @vaibhav111 @RS1910

Some points:

- Pinnacle is not for spending, it has the poor reward rate.
. Shopping: 2.5x (2.5%)
. Travel: 1.5x (1.5%)
. Offline: 1x (1%)
. Bills: 0.7x (0.7%)
(when redeemed 1rp=1rs.)

- You can't fully withdraw rewards (upto 70% allowed through InstaMoments), and redemption fee for each (there is no bulk purchase to avoid redemption fee).

// simply try little harder for sbi cashback and you're done with this card.

- Pinnacle is to get exclusive account (Simply visit banking section to learn more about it, incase if not aware).

- 5000 Joining fee (waifed for 50k spends) is application based and detailed tncs communicated during application, if not do check with those who processed your application. Btw, you need proof also.

- If the offer really there, then yes spend 50k within 90 days and if annual fee charged they'll reverse it otherwise they won't charge it. Any issues need to mail support after 90 days with waiver proof.

- keep in mind dealing with Indus slow, very slow, I meant literally very very very slow to get responses through mail, so be patience.

- At 3% wallet transfer, you're at loss.. check rewards as mentioned above.

- Wohoo gives rewards but it depends on mcc. Mostly 2.5% (when 1rp= 1rs.), if any changes in mcc its 1.5% (when 1rp= 1rs.)

btw, for cashback its 1rp=0.7p. for miles or vouchers 1rp=1rs (do check insta moments).

and reliance jewel available at Indus gyftr at 2% discount, and you'll get extra 2.5% as product feature (=4.5%).

Last edited:
Some points:

- Pinnacle is not for spending, it has the poor reward rate.
. Shopping: 2.5%
. Travel: 1.5%
. Offline: 1%
. Bills: 0.7%
(when redeemed 1rp=1rs.)

- You can't fully withdraw rewards (upto 70% allowed through InstaMoments), and redemption fee for each (there is no bulk purchase to avoid redemption fee).

// simply try little harder for sbi cashback and you're done with this card.

- Pinnacle is to get exclusive account (Simply visit banking section to learn more about it, incase if not aware).

- 5000 Joining fee (waifed for 50k spends) is application based and detailed tncs communicated during application, if not do check with those who processed your application. Btw, you need proof also.

- If the offer really there, then yes spend 50k within 90 days and if annual fee charged they'll reverse it otherwise they won't charge it. Any issues need to mail support after 90 days with waiver proof.

- keep in mind dealing with Indus slow, very slow, I meant literally very very very slow to get responses through mail, so be patience.

- At 3% wallet transfer, you're at loss.. check rewards as mentioned above.

- Wohoo gives rewards but it depends on mcc. Mostly 2.5%, if any changes in mcc its 1.5% (when 1rp= 1rs.)

btw, for cashback its 1rp=0.7p. for miles or vouchers 1rp=1rs (do check insta moments).

and reliance jewel available at Indus gyftr at 2% discount, you'll get extra 2.5% as product feature.
Yes sir, I got this card mainly for the 0MAB account and got this card through @RS1910
Now, I need to spend 50k in 90 days to get refund of 5k plus gst joining fee, but I didn't receive any exclusions and haven't been charged yet.

I just want you to let me know, how I should do today's 80k-100k purchase on Reliance jewels for best rewards and if possible to use this Pinnacle CC.
I am ok with using UPI for best offers as well and have ICICI Apay and Rubyx, Axis ACE and HDFC tata neu CC as well.

Thank you

I just want you to let me know, how I should do today's 80k-100k purchase on Reliance jewels for best rewards and if possible to use this Pinnacle CC.
I am ok with using UPI for best offers as well and have ICICI Apay and Rubyx, Axis ACE and HDFC tata neu CC as well.
Thank you
First Check with the Store if they take GV as payment mode or not.
If not then use Apay card for 1%.
If GV not accepted then divide the payment in 2 half IndusInd 50K rest Apay for 1%
Wohoo gives rewards but it depends on mcc. Mostly 2.5%, if any changes in mcc its 1.5% (when 1rp= 1rs.)

and reliance jewel available at Indus gyftr at 2% discount, and you'll get extra 2.5% as product feature (=4.5%).
@helloworld answered your query if they accept GV.

First Check with the Store if they take GV as payment mode or not.
If not then use Apay card for 1%.
If GV not accepted then divide the payment in 2 half IndusInd 50K rest Apay for 1%

@helloworld answered your query if they accept GV.
Purchased with them this aug and they were fine with GV as well, will confirm again upon visiting.
I have requested customer care to change number of apay card due to bbps issues and hence my old one is blocked, can I add the new one to my samsung phone even before it's delivery and then use tap to pay?
WIll disable the card again as soon as the payment is done, to avoid misuse.

Hi all,

Please let me know.
Thanks and regards

This is how it generally works..

1) Your fee will be levied intially.
2) Fee will be reversed basis 50K spends within 90 days.
3) even if you sepend 50K or more before the fee is levied, the fee will still be levied and will be reversed later.
4) Wallet loads also count in this 50K spends.. note: I think there are still rewards fro wallet loads on pinncale last time I checked.. please check again..
so if you consider wallet loads RP and charges on wallet loads and Rp on cc payment.. the net cost will be leass than 3% that you calculated..

all the above in my view, there might be changes lately.. chekc everything that I menioned before acting on..

all the best
enjoy ...

3) even if you sepend 50K or more before the fee is levied, the fee will still be levied and will be reversed later.
4) Wallet loads also count in this 50K spends.. note: I think there are still rewards fro wallet loads on pinncale last time I checked.. please check again..
so if you consider wallet loads RP and charges on wallet loads and Rp on cc payment.. the net cost will be leass than 3% that you calculated..

all the above in my view, there might be changes lately.. chekc everything that I menioned before acting on..

all the best
enjoy ...
In my case, the charges were never levied. I had done 50K+ transactions as soon as the card was generated. This was in June 2024.

all the best
enjoy ...
Thanks for the reply sir.

insta gyftr only, there you're getting instant 2% discount + product rewards. Direct gyftr you'll get gyftr discount (if any) + product rewards.
Ok so the value will be same for me in both cases. Right?
It's 2% off both websites and no bonus RP, I checked many GV on indusmoments and none provided any bonus, hence will avoid using it.

Back