• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PNB card is issuing pre qualified credit card for existing PNB customers

Jeba M

TF Buzz
PNB card is issuing pre qualified rupay credit card for their existing PNB savings account customers
The application process is very smooth and asked basic details only.
The virtual card was issued immediately and the same was shown in the PNB genie app and it can be linked with UPI apps immediately for doing merchant transaction.
They offered SELECT CC for Free. No need to do VKyc or any other documents to be submitted.
P.s. please note down your CC application number for tracking purpose.

Jeba M

TF Buzz
Its not letting me go any further without entering pan.
May be you are checking in PNB card website. For that also I think they may not do the cibil enquiry immediately like other lenders. For my first card they enquired the cibil score after 4-5 days from my application submission. In PNB one app no need to enter the pan details because of all the datas are prefilled by the bank.

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The pre-approved offer is only for selected customers from the following categories:

1. Staff/ex-staff
2. Salaried, Housing/ Car/ Personal Loan Borrower
3. Customers having account under PNB Rakshak Plus Scheme
4. Customers with 50K+ QAB

For select cards, Joining fee of 500+GST is waived, but not the annual fee (the criteria for annual fee waiver is pretty simple)

The people who are getting this offer in this thread fall into the "selected ones" undr 2nd category :)

For aam junta, maybe maintaining 50K+ balance for sometime might qualify us under 4th category....but not sure, if the 590 rs joining fee is worth keeping this much money for an uncertain period of time.
The most significant benefit I could see that one will be saved from the documentation and formalities, which is not very smooth and transparent for a PSB like PNB.

Please do share your experience if you'r falling into the above categories and getting this offer.

tnk

TF Buzz
For some reason my account is still 0 balance Education account opened back in 2006. They didnt convert it so still 0 MAB only DC charges so I am quite sure I wont get a pre qualified CC
Funny that my account too is Vidyarthi opened in 2006.Two times I submitted docs for converting to regular account but nothing changed. Good that it remained zero balance account. I didn't get charged for DC

Funny that my account too is Vidyarthi opened in 2006.Two times I submitted docs for converting to regular account but nothing changed. Good that it remained zero balance account. I didn't get charged for DC
They once when I was doing my masters asked what I am doing as I didnt have any salary that time told them I was studying in college after that when I was interning and for more than a year my salary was getting credited into that account. Then I moved it to Fi to get salary benefits. I kept using it for any UPI transactions. Now with Rupay UPI that account is kept as my default account in UPI to receive money before I transfer it to my other accounts.

Shraaj

TF Premier
Under the pre approved credit card section I had applied my card. It's redirected to pnb credit card website and after entering the account details it's shown me select credit card for LTF and after entering the OTP the card was generated instantly. For new card customers to know the card details we should note the application number for viewing the virtual card.
does it hit CIBIL? if we go to https://apply.pnbcard.in:4443/

usha rani

TF Buzz
Hi everyone,
I received whatsapp message from pnb for pre qualified credit card. I checked through my netbanking and find that they are providing me rupay platinum card as pre approved with a limit of Rs.20000/-. I don't want this card as i already have icici coral rupay card. I need pnb rupay select card.
Should i wait for some time to get offer updated to rupay select or should I take this card for now will they offer card upgrade from their side in future.
can someone guide me

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I received whatsapp message from pnb for pre qualified credit card. I checked through my netbanking and find that they are providing me rupay platinum card as pre approved with a limit of Rs.20000/-. I don't want this card as i already have icici coral rupay card. I need pnb rupay select card.
Should i wait for some time to get offer updated to rupay select or should I take this card for now will they offer card upgrade from their side in future.
can someone guide me
Do you have any use for this card? Don't take any cards from any bank in hope for future upgrades and 20k limit is very low. btw i heard pnb is charging annual fees even after doing 1 transaction every quarter and their customer service is slow and trash. If you love your cibil then stay away from public sector banks credit cards except sbi(sbi cards is a seperate private company).

usha rani

TF Buzz
Do you have any use for this card? Don't take any cards from any bank in hope for future upgrades and 20k limit is very low. btw i heard pnb is charging annual fees even after doing 1 transaction every quarter and their customer service is slow and trash. If you love your cibil then stay away from public sector banks credit cards except sbi(sbi cards is a seperate private company).
I have no use of platinum card,and i think your suggestion is right so not taking this anymore.
Thanks for your suggestion🙂

Jeba M

TF Buzz
When u have home.loan
Relationship is like Ghar ka rista
Not normal
In my case it is opposite. To achieve their loan targets, they opened my home loan account with in a day and suprised me. But, after that I need to visit the branch atleast once a year for getting resolution for the problem created by them. Their resolution team is useless. Every time I need to knock the ombudsman door for getting resolution. Till now I had registered 3 ombudsman complaints. 1. Deducted leagal opinion charges second time with out my consent. 2. Loan interest not fixed as per RLLR published in their website. 3. Removal of late payments reported for six consecutive months to all CIC's. SBI is far better than PNB in terms of customer support. So, if you have enough time to fight with them then only it is suggested to maintain any relationship with PNB otherwise stay away for your good health.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
In my case it is opposite. To achieve their loan targets, they opened my home loan account with in a day and suprised me. But, after that I need to visit the branch atleast once a year for getting resolution for the problem created by them. Their resolution team is useless. Every time I need to knock the ombudsman door for getting resolution. Till now I had registered 3 ombudsman complaints. 1. Deducted leagal opinion charges second time with out my consent. 2. Loan interest not fixed as per RLLR published in their website. 3. Removal of late payments reported for six consecutive months to all CIC's. SBI is far better than PNB in terms of customer support. So, if you have enough time to fight with them then only it is suggested to maintain any relationship with PNB otherwise stay away for your good health.
I m all against pnb ..
Don't like dull yellow
Bright yellow is the way to go