• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PNB Credit cards experience | Application process and time

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
Applied for PNB Platinum yesterday and completed the VKYC today, PNB is miles behind the likes of IDFC bank when it comes to a smooth onboarding process. Still better than earlier when a person had to visit their branch and needed to fill a lengthy form, provide a long list of documents and flatter their brute employees just to get a credit card.

Now you have a website https://apply.pnbcard.in/ using which you can raise a credit card request, submit the documents online and use a not so efficient VKYC portal https://videokyc.pnbcard.in to complete your VKYC.

Be aware that their VKYC executives follow their own standard time and they do not have any respect for the time slot in which your VKYC is scheduled. I waited almost an hour just to get my VKYC done.

Even after the successful VKYC, I haven't heard back from their side yet, no emails and no messages.

PNB web interface for applying credit card is still very crude, however it gets the job done, thousand times better than the manual approach of applying the credit card earlier with them.

Dexter

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Applied for PNB Platinum yesterday and completed the VKYC today, PNB is miles behind the likes of IDFC bank when it comes to a smooth onboarding process. Still better than earlier when a person had to visit their branch and needed to fill a lengthy form, provide a long list of documents and flatter their brute employees just to get a credit card.

Now you have a website https://apply.pnbcard.in/ using which you can raise a credit card request, submit the documents online and use a not so efficient VKYC portal https://videokyc.pnbcard.in to complete your VKYC.

Be aware that their VKYC executives follow their own standard time and they do not have any respect for the time slot in which your VKYC is scheduled. I waited almost an hour just to get my VKYC done.

Even after the successful VKYC, I haven't heard back from their side yet, no emails and no messages.

PNB web interface for applying credit card is still very crude, however it gets the job done, thousand times better than the manual approach of applying the credit card earlier with them.
Which is better, Rupay Select or Rupay Platinum

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
Which is better, Rupay Select or Rupay Platinum
Rupay Select is a higher variant than Platinum however it has a joining fees associated with it and an annual fee too if you don't make a transaction using the same card in every quarter. While applying for PNB card, I was offered their complete catalog of cards to choose from, the catalog showed PNB Platinum, PNB Rupay Select, PNB Millenia, PNB VISA Gold etc. However, me being a LTF hunter chose PNB Platinum as it doesn't have any joining fee associated with it and the annual fee can be waived off by making 1 transaction every quarter.

Dexter

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Rupay Select is a higher variant than Platinum however it has a joining fees associated with it and an annual fee too if you don't make a transaction using the same card in every quarter. While applying for PNB card, I was offered their complete catalog of cards to choose from, the catalog showed PNB Platinum, PNB Rupay Select, PNB Millenia, PNB VISA Gold etc. However, me being a LTF hunter chose PNB Platinum as it doesn't have any joining fee associated with it and the annual fee can be waived off by making 1 transaction every quarter.
Is Rupay Millenial better than Rupay select because renewal fee of millennial is ₹999. @anirbanm

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Even Rupay Select from Union Bank also doesn't have any joining fees.
Annual fees can be waived off for spending 50,000 & above in a year which is quite reasonable.