• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PNB Credit cards experience | Application process and time

Hisoka

TF Ace
Hi,
Can any one share the experience with Punjab national bank credit cards?
For me it was pretty smooth. Applied for PNB Rupay Select on 14th March and got my card delivered on 27th March

I got some message in between saying that my card has some discrepancies and pls contact customer care. However 99% of time their customer care is not reachable. Few days after I got mail from them that my ITR is missing, not sure why they wanted ITR as I already submitted my salary slip. But I replied it anyway with my ITR and few days after my application got approved.

Does card variant depend on fd amount, like higher fd so premium card?
I guess not like that.

My FD was 30,000, got 24,000 as limit.

Initially they gave me platinum card only, after that I applied for card conversion to RuPay Select. They issued me RuPay Select.
I applied through branch. When you apply, please check if you can pick the select variant otherwise convert it once you get the Platinum variant.
(There is no waiting period to convert, you can apply for card conversion immediately once you activate the card.)

We can get the all benefit like normal PNP RuPay select card without any fee (Joining and Annual).
You can register in RuPay also (https://www.rupay.co.in/our-cards/rupay-credit/rupay-select) to avail RuPay select benefits.

vn_1

TF Select
I guess not like that.

My FD was 30,000, got 24,000 as limit.

Initially they gave me platinum card only, after that I applied for card conversion to RuPay Select. They issued me RuPay Select.
I applied through branch. When you apply, please check if you can pick the select variant otherwise convert it once you get the Platinum variant.
(There is no waiting period to convert, you can apply for card conversion immediately once you activate the card.)

We can get the all benefit like normal PNP RuPay select card without any fee (Joining and Annual).
You can register in RuPay also (https://www.rupay.co.in/our-cards/rupay-credit/rupay-select) to avail RuPay select benefits.
Thank you for detailed reply. Is it ltf?

Last edited:

ayush0010

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
They seriously need to work on the application process with regards to the document collection.
While applying online, they just ask for last 3 Pay slips and 6 months bank statement. Then, they put the application on hold and do not share any reason/details. We then need to contact customer care and they will tell that you have not shared Form 16 (which was never asked) and bank statement (which we actually did). So, you need to email both of these. Then, again a new email comes that Form 16 is only applicable if income < 5 LPA. So, you need to sent ITR acknowledgement.
<UPDATE>
Dear Cardholder, Thanks for contacting PNB. Your application has been approved. You will receive your card within 5 days. -PNB

wayrocky

TF Buzz
Got my approval today
15/02/2023-Applied through branch for Rupay select
12/03/2023-Got verification call from PNB
27/03/2023-Got approval SMS and activated my Virtual card (Applied for Rupay select but I got PNB Gold)
Is it worth to keep this gold card yo start relationship with them or should go for classic as LTF or ask for rupay platinum

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Applied on 27 March 2023 .Vkyc done on same day.After this kyc approval message comes after 2 hrs of vkyc done.Today on 31 march 2023 recieved the approval message
..Fastest approval it seems...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230331_141930_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230331_141930_Messages.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20230331_141920_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230331_141920_Messages.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Applied on 27 March 2023 .Vkyc done on same day.After this kyc approval message comes after 2 hrs of vkyc done.Today on 31 march 2023 recieved the approval message
..Fastest approval it seemms...
Only cons is at the time of apply they have shown limit of 1.5 lac but after approval as i have checked in pnb genie app it is only 75k.Rest all procedures are fully online..no phone call no verification...

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Here are some pro tip :-

*(Especially for salaried customers having ITR and having good credit score ,Willing to hands on Pnb credit card)

Follow below procedures/tricks.
1.Apply online or via Referal links available on different platforms..
2.Always go for Aadhar mentioned address as permanent and current address. your office address will be as where you are working.
3.Always try to apply in early morning time(For e.g between 0800 to 1000 hrs) so that VKYC could be done on same day.
4.Keep all your documents like bank account statement,ITR's,Salary slips ,Pan,Aadhar etc ready (Size should below 5 MB overall)
5.Apply and upload necessary documents.Further do the Vkyc Using link in SMS or mail or in continuous application process(Keep Pan and pen and paper ready).
6.Once you received KYC approval message.Next day repeating next day send one email to "creditcardpnb2@pnb.co.in" attaching your PAN ,Aadhar,Last 2 year ITR documents along with ITR acknowledgements to said mail id clearly mentioning your Application number in Subject line.e.g Additional documents for Application ref no-xxxxxxx.
7.Most probably the decision on application will be communicated to applicant in 2 to 3 days.

Hope it helps..Suggestions are welcome.
(Mine got approved in 4 days only.)

NOTE:-Keep all documents ready Pan colour image,and rest other in Pdf, before starting the procedure.Try to complete the whole procedure including documents upload and Vkyc in one session itself.

UPDATE 2- Those who are waiting for their physical card delivery,kindly note, if its more than 7 working days after approval message the kindly be in touch with local Dtdc courier office or Speed post office to know where about of your card and also write a mail to pnb card to know despatch detils of card.

Last edited:

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Here are some pro tip :-

*(Especially for salaried customers having ITR and having good credit score ,Willing to hands on Pnb credit card)

Follow below procedures/tricks.
1.Apply online or via Referal links available on different platforms..
2.Always go for Aadhar mentioned address as permanent and current address. your office address will be as where you are working.
3.Always try to apply in early morning time(For e.g between 0800 to 1000 hrs) so that VKYC could be done on same day.
4.Keep all your documents like bank account statement,ITR's,Salary slips ,Pan,Aadhar etc ready (Size shoulb below 5 MB overall)
5.Apply and upload necessary documents.Further do the Vkyc Using link in SMS or mail or in continuous application process(Keep Pan and pen and paper ready).
6.Once you received KYC approval message.Next day repeating next day send one email to "creditcardpnb2@pnb.co.in" attaching your PAN ,Aadhar,Last 2 year ITR documents along with ITR acknowledgements to said mail id clearly mentioning your Application number in Subject line.e.g Additional documents for Application ref no-xxxxxxx.
7.Most probably the decision on application will be communicated to applicant in 2 to 3 days.

Hope it helps..Suggestions are welcome.
Online link not working for most of the ppl, it's on a Loop, technical issue in PNB itself..

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Online link not working for most of the ppl, it's on a Loop, technical issue in PNB itself..
The better solution is start applying at 0900 on pnb website.keep Document as mentioned above ,ready before starting the application.Complete the whole procedure in one go without waiting for any mail and sms on website itself.Mine got approved and digital card issued in 4 days .updated the content also with the same tips.

Last edited:

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The better solution is start applying at 0900 on pnb website.keep Document as mentioned above ,ready before starting the application.Complete the whole procedure in one go without waiting for any mail and sms on website itself.Mine got approved and digital card issued in 4 days .updated the content also with the same tips.
Not sure on 9 Am thing but I already applied in bank 15 days back.. so waiting for the same..