• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pre-approved credit card offer for Amazon pay ICICI credit card users

me_sovon

TF Select
I recently got the Amazon pay ICICI credit card without any income proof and document verification.
This is my first unsecured credit card.

Now I want to ask those people who got the Amazon pay credit card recently, did you recieve any pre-approved credit card offer from ICICI?

How much time it took for the offer?

What was your average spends on those months?

Did you get the life time free credit card or chargeable card on the pre-approved offer?

Update: So My Amazon pay ICICI card was approved on 19 July 2024, and I got the pre-approved life time free ICICI coral Rupay credit card offer on 9th August 2024 midnight, my first billing date is 12 August 2024.
The physical card was dispatched on the same day 9th August, got the physical card on 12 August 2024.

Last edited:
@me_sovon did you have a cibil score at the time you applied for your apay card? (Curious cause i read the thread and looks like you're a student or unemployed)

Yes bhai I'm unemployed, still preparing for competitive exams.

Yes I had cibil score at that time 783, now it's 778.

I have a 2k FD one card from mid 2022, also Amazon pay later from January 2024.

Yes bhai I'm unemployed, still preparing for competitive exams.

Yes I had cibil score at that time 783, now it's 778.

I have a 2k FD one card from mid 2022, also Amazon pay later from January 2024.
ah, im kinda in the same boat as yours.
amazon pay later isn't available for me for some reason, but i got an option to apply for the amazon icici card.
I dont have a cibil score yet so got no credit cards on my name, but I have icici sapphiro add-on card on my name and was curious of I applied for apay card will it still be accepted or not

ah, im kinda in the same boat as yours.
amazon pay later isn't available for me for some reason, but i got an option to apply for the amazon icici card.
I dont have a cibil score yet so got no credit cards on my name, but I have icici sapphiro add-on card on my name and was curious of I applied for apay card will it still be accepted or not

Bhai from my little experience from this community, I got to know that Atleast 1 year old credit history is mandatory for Apay Card.
Same happened with me in 2022 I got the apply option for Amazon pay card, but it was rejected instantly.
So if possible take any FD card, I will suggest take IDFC FD card with minimum 5k. And continue to use the card.

amazon pay later isn't available for me

Also if possible then open a new amazon account I guess you will get the pay later option on that account.
But I will suggest you for a new account if your current account is not that important and if you didn't completed the KYC with pan card.

Because I'm using Amazon from 2018 i didn't receive pay later option till 2024, my brother got the option nearly 1.5 years ago, surprisingly he didn't even purchased anything from Amazon, he just use the Amazon pay for money transfer and recharge.

So you can think about a new account, if possible. Not mandatory but if possible.

@me_sovon did you have a cibil score at the time you applied for your apay card? (Curious cause i read the thread and looks like you're a student or unemployed)
I applied apay card in 2023, just 2 days before Great Indian Festival offer. It was my first cc. I had no cibil score at that time. No previous relation with icici at that time. They did not ask for any income proof. I applied from Amazon app. Vkyc done within five minutes. Card approved within few hours. Got limit 50k.

I applied apay card in 2023, just 2 days before Great Indian Festival offer. It was my first cc. I had no cibil score at that time. No previous relation with icici at that time. They did not ask for any income proof. I applied from Amazon app. Vkyc done within five minutes. Card approved within few hours. Got limit 50k.
damnn guess you just got luckyy.
what did you fill in employment details?
also I got the sapphiro dual variant on my name as an add-on, will that give me any advantage?

No, the primary holder will accumulate the reward points on your spends. All the benefits will be shared between Add-on and Primary card holders.
i meant while applying for the apay card, does having the add on on my name gimme an advantage? since icici reports the transactions under the cibil account of the add-on card holder, just like amex

damnn guess you just got luckyy.
what did you fill in employment details?
also I got the sapphiro dual variant on my name as an add-on, will that give me any advantage?
Filled self employed. As much I can remember there was no option to fill annual income. If it was, I filled 300000/Yr. I don't have itr. Try to apply just few days before offer days. Great Indian Festival offer is coming on September end. Apply 7 days before it.

Addon card only gives benefit to primary card holder, not add on person. As single statement is generated, total spending is updated in primary holder's cibil. Same thing can't be updated in two person's cibil.

Filled self employed. As much I can remember there was no option to fill annual income. If it was, I filled 300000/Yr. I don't have itr. Try to apply just few days before offer days. Great Indian Festival offer is coming on September end. Apply 7 days before it.

Addon card only gives benefit to primary card holder, not add on person. As single statement is generated, total spending is updated in primary holder's cibil. Same thing can't be updated in two person's cibil.
Oh okayy, will probably do the same then.

If you have a pre-approved Apay offer, you will have a higher approval chance as the festive season is approaching.
It takes a few months for the pre-approved offer to pop up right?
As i just recently have got the add-on card

ICICI updates both, primary and secondary cardholders' CIBIL regularly.

- First-hand experience
exactlyy what i've heard.
Any idea about how much time it takes for the pre-approved offer to come-up?

It takes a few months for the pre-approved offer to pop up right?
As i just recently have got the add-on card
See having an Add-on card will not give you the pre-approved offer. The add-on card number cannot be used at the time of application. Pre-approved offers are given by Amazon and ICICI jointly. Use your Amazon account regularly for a few months and also pay using your add-on ICICI card you will get the offer.
Amazon has to know you have other cards and they will provide you the offer accordingly. Approval also depends on both the parties.

Back