• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

I tried this for my 3.5 year old SBI IRCTC RUPAY Card. I hardly use it. They told they can't make it LTF but reverse the annual charges but that too not this year as the renewal happened more than 6 months back.
They asked me to call back again for the next annual fee reversal when the card is due for renewal. I think they tricked me 🤔
No need to be despondent..If plan A fails still aplhabet has 25 more letters to try..Now suggesting you to try just one month prior to renewal of membership to get desired result..

can i raise the same request thru website(simplysave card), i dont have the app as my mobile s old one. (thinking of applying for an add on card.. will this request have any implication on the same?)

Raised Card closure request for my SBI Simplysave card. Got a call today from SBI, was going to narrate a long story and ask for LTF. But the executive spoke in between and told will make the card LTF.
Thanks to all the others who have done this prior to me and by now they know why we are placing a card closure request and straight away giving LTF even before asking.

Raised Card closure request for my SBI Simplysave card. Got a call today from SBI, was going to narrate a long story and ask for LTF. But the executive spoke in between and told will make the card LTF.
Thanks to all the others who have done this prior to me and by now they know why we are placing a card closure request and straight away giving LTF even before asking.
Finally task achieved...

Card age?

Today @10 am I placed closure request vide annual fee issue selected immediately otp come for request confirmation received automated call by sbi mentioned some wrong name including some 10 lack due in response I mentioned I am not following this no belongs to me then he said sorry ur no registered with that seems there system issue.

Till now no other call received will they again call back or with request automatically they will closed card its scary situation kindly suggest, confirm they will again call back if not answered or need to placenew request still request in progress it says sbi card app . @Rkr
Have you tried it without clearing dues..If its allowing then go ahead if not then you have clear your dues..

Today @10 am I placed closure request vide annual fee issue selected immediately otp come for request confirmation received automated call by sbi mentioned some wrong name including some 10 lack due in response I mentioned I am not following this no belongs to me then he said sorry ur no registered with that seems there system issue.

Till now no other call received will they again call back or with request automatically they will closed card its scary situation kindly suggest, confirm they will again call back if not answered or need to placenew request still request in progress it says sbi card app . @Rkr
Don't raise another request and they will call you several times, so don't worry.

No.....you will get call...If you are afraid then contact customare care and tell them to transfer the call to retention team by saying that i want to discuss about the the recently raised card closure request.There talk with retention team and tell them the reason for the said requeat and ask for LTF atleast with them.

Don't worry they will call you again. I missed the first call. They called the 2nd Day again but I requested for English speaking executive. Then on the 3rd day again they called and made my card LTF.

I have a SBI Cashback card which I got on October 2022. I use it regular but not enough to hit the 2 lac milestone to waive off the annual fee. But I recently opened the SBI cards app and found that I had gotten a carb upgrade offer to SBI Prime. Ofc I won't pay 5x annual fee for a degraded reward system, but after this, what are the chances of SBI giving me the existing card as LTF if I open a closure request and state annual fees as the reason?

I have a SBI Cashback card which I got on October 2022. I use it regular but not enough to hit the 2 lac milestone to waive off the annual fee. But I recently opened the SBI cards app and found that I had gotten a carb upgrade offer to SBI Prime. Ofc I won't pay 5x annual fee for a degraded reward system, but after this, what are the chances of SBI giving me the existing card as LTF if I open a closure request and state annual fees as the reason?
Very difficult to get Pure cashback card as LTF from SBI Card..Maximum you will get is one time annual fee waiver on your sbi cashback card still it depends up on how you will convince them..LTF is rare for this card...If you want LTF card from Sbi card then downgrade your existing one to any basic card like simly save ,click,bpcl,Fbb...etc and then after some time place the above trick to make it LTF..

No.....you will get call...If you are afraid then contact customare care and tell them to transfer the call to retention team by saying that i want to discuss about the the recently raised card closure request.There talk with retention team and tell them the reason for the said requeat and ask for LTF atleast with them.
I didn't get call back finally I called cc as u mentioned first they asked to clear 10 Rs outstanding remaining I cleared immediately by cred because they won't allow to connect if any due pending finally I connected elaborate same story rewards structure poor, unable to complete milestone finally he mentioned you are in very low usage our system won't allow to make ltf right now kindly use further right now I can reverse Annual fee in advance because anniversary months is July any how I have no option left so I proceed further because I don't want to close anyhow card.

In last one year hardly I used 3k or less with following card now its 11 months old card.

I didn't get call back finally I called cc as u mentioned first they asked to clear 10 Rs outstanding remaining I cleared immediately by cred because they won't allow to connect if any due pending finally I connected elaborate same story rewards structure poor, unable to complete milestone finally he mentioned you are in very low usage our system won't allow to make ltf right now kindly use further right now I can reverse Annual fee in advance because anniversary months is July any how I have no option left so I proceed further because I don't want to close anyhow card.

In last one year hardly I used 3k or less with following card now its 11 months old card.
Yes its good that you accepted the fee waiver option .Now atleast after renewal youn can try again with same trick..Little suggestion ,next time you must raise request at 0900 Hrs on working days and must ensure you will be available for taking calls.

Would anyone be able to confirm who has a SBI FBB card?

1. 3 days back I did one Transaction on amazon using my SBI FBB card and it got completed.
  2. Today when I was trying to contact SBI customer care with my card details it said please input valid card number.
  3. I logged into my application and I see my old card number is replaced with a new card number though I cannot view the complete card number but the last 4 digits are completely different from the current card which I am having with me.
  4. Does anyone from the community have any idea what is happening, did anyone receive a new card and what is the updated card because I have not received any sms nor any communication on email.
  5. Can we apply for an SBI add-on card and put the same email id and mobile number similar to the Primary card holder.
  6. After successfully applying an Add on card in sbi card, how much time sbi takes to deliver it and do we receive any email , Sms or any communication .

Please help.

Back