• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Finally, I got the call.

No LTF offer for me. He said annual fee reversal is possible. My card gets 1 year completed only in July.
I already spend 50k in bpcl card, so I haven't gone for it.

I asked for Rupay conversion. He took a request and said, subject to realization/approval, and the result will be known on 15/06/23.
IMG_20230612_183907.jpg
Closure request SR disappeared 😵‍💫 / may be request closed IMG_20230612_183750.jpg

Last edited:
As of now not possible...But nothing is permamnent is CC world...Might be you are first to get some good news..😀😀
But am concerned regarding, Rupay card issues like merchant emi not supported at AMZN ,mentioned at various threads in this forum itself.

As you said you have applied for an ADD-ON card. SBI Card has reissued your primary card when you applied for an add-on card. You will get primary card and add-on card together and it might have same starting 12 digits. Your card is on VISA or MasterCard network?my card is on Visa network

As you said you have applied for an ADD-ON card. SBI Card has reissued your primary card when you applied for an add-on card. You will get primary card and add-on card together and it might have same starting 12 digits. Your card is on VISA or MasterCard network?
My card is on Visa network and in dispatch section it shows nothing .

Will try after cards 1st anniversary.

I doubt regarding whether conversion to Rupay is possible or not, the representative was also not sure, but he took SR for conversion.
SR .. declined

They did a 1 ring call(the phone even didn't ring ,that much fast 🤣)2 times and closed(declined) the request.
So conversion is not possible till now.

Yes its good that you accepted the fee waiver option .Now atleast after renewal youn can try again with same trick..Little suggestion ,next time you must raise request at 0900 Hrs on working days and must ensure you will be available for taking calls.
Today I received 499/- without gst 89.82/- , reversal same I asked over call they mentioned gst will reverse same but in sms nothing mentioned like as during request creation & closure only it saying fee reversal 499 is it correct or need to call again cc.

20230613_202213.jpg

Last edited:
Today I received 499/- without gst 89.82/- , reversal same I asked over call they mentioned gst will reverse same but in sms nothing mentioned like as during request creation & closure only it saying fee reversal 499 is it correct or need to call again cc. .
Recently i have asked the Axis to reverse the joining fee and they Reversed the fee along with GST also...Means GST is also reversible...Now its upto you if you are satisfied with 499 then leave it else raise complain with C/Care for GST reversal also..

Recently i have asked the Axis to reverse the joining fee and they Reversed the fee along with GST also...Means GST is also reversible...Now its upto you if you are satisfied with 499 then leave it else raise complain with C/Care for GST reversal also..
In Which Axis card you got joining fee reversed and by whom?

Today I received 499/- without gst 89.82/- , reversal same I asked over call they mentioned gst will reverse same but in sms nothing mentioned like as during request creation & closure only it saying fee reversal 499 is it correct or need to call again cc.

View attachment 19724
usually GST ll also be reversed in a day r two. wait for it. in my case once fee was reversed in one month's statement but the GST was reversed in the next month's statement. so can wait for it . or can check the status in the app.

usually GST ll also be reversed in a day r two. wait for it. in my case once fee was reversed in one month's statement but the GST was reversed in the next month's statement. so can wait for it . or can check the status in the app.
@Rkr

Today i can see in sbi card portal 499/- amount of reversal got vanished even after calling to cc they have no clue even unable to trace any this sr request @Rkr now he was asking your due date is next month's please try after deduction of fee I can't see any thing in my system.

@Rkr

Today i can see in sbi card portal 499/- amount of reversal got vanished even after calling to cc they have no clue even unable to trace any this sr request @Rkr now he was asking your due date is next month's please try after deduction of fee I can't see any thing in my system.
You Must have received Mail or SMS of your Reversal Service request with SR No...If yes then Sent a mail to their C/Care team afer login in Sbi Card Website asking the status..

Back