• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Would anyone be able to confirm who has a SBI FBB card?

1. 3 days back I did one Transaction on amazon using my SBI FBB card and it got completed.
  2. Today when I was trying to contact SBI customer care with my card details it said please input valid card number.
  3. I logged into my application and I see my old card number is replaced with a new card number though I cannot view the complete card number but the last 4 digits are completely different from the current card which I am having with me.
  4. Does anyone from the community have any idea what is happening, did anyone receive a new card and what is the updated card because I have not received any sms nor any communication on email.
  5. Can we apply for an SBI add-on card and put the same email id and mobile number similar to the Primary card holder.
  6. After successfully applying an Add on card in sbi card, how much time sbi takes to deliver it and do we receive any email , Sms or any communication .

Please help.
Login to Sbi card website...Go to services section...Scroll down to Card dispatch status..you will get dispatch details of your new card if you have issued new card.See the screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230612_091752_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230612_091752_Chrome.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 22
Good to see,people earlier used this trick.
SBI is becoming over smart here. My brother tried the same trick and they taken thr request to close the card. Again called back to the customer card and took lot of efforts to remove the closure request.

1. Keep outstanding balance before asking the closure request, because they will keep closure request on hold till payment of outstanding.
2. Make sure the card have some active transaction in the previous 3-4 months, make SBI feel you are a valuable customer.
3. Say that you are holding some LTF cards from other banks like Axis, ICICI and HDFC or some other banks.

SBI is becoming over smart here. My brother tried the same trick and they taken thr request to close the card. Again called back to the customer card and took lot of efforts to remove the closure request.

1. Keep outstanding balance before asking the closure request, because they will keep closure request on hold till payment of outstanding.
2. Make sure the card have some active transaction in the previous 3-4 months, make SBI feel you are a valuable customer.
3. Say that you are holding some LTF cards from other banks like Axis, ICICI and HDFC or some other banks.
Ultimate aim is to make LTF.If at any point they are not agreeing for LTF then dont go ahead with cancellation ...Ask for fee reversal thereafter atleast by doing so you have now sometime to raise the request again..

Point 2 and 3 is valuable insights but on 1 ,you can't raise closure request if there is any outstanding due on your card..

Would anyone be able to confirm who has a SBI FBB card?

1. 3 days back I did one Transaction on amazon using my SBI FBB card and it got completed.
  2. Today when I was trying to contact SBI customer care with my card details it said please input valid card number.
  3. I logged into my application and I see my old card number is replaced with a new card number though I cannot view the complete card number but the last 4 digits are completely different from the current card which I am having with me.
  4. Does anyone from the community have any idea what is happening, did anyone receive a new card and what is the updated card because I have not received any sms nor any communication on email.
  5. Can we apply for an SBI add-on card and put the same email id and mobile number similar to the Primary card holder.
  6. After successfully applying an Add on card in sbi card, how much time sbi takes to deliver it and do we receive any email , Sms or any communication .

Please help.
As you said you have applied for an ADD-ON card. SBI Card has reissued your primary card when you applied for an add-on card. You will get primary card and add-on card together and it might have same starting 12 digits. Your card is on VISA or MasterCard network?

Ultimate aim is to make LTF.If at any point they are not agreeing for LTF then dont go ahead with cancellation ...Ask for fee reversal thereafter atleast by doing so you have now sometime to raise the request again..

Point 2 and 3 is valuable insights but on 1 ,you can't raise closure request if there is any outstanding due on your card..
Yeah, my brother had 0 due while asking. That's why I mentioned that point.

Do accept your point on fee reversal also. Sometimes work, sometimes doesn't. It all depends on the agent we get connected to.

Yeah, my brother had 0 due while asking. That's why I mentioned that point.

Do accept your point on fee reversal also. Sometimes work, sometimes doesn't. It all depends on the agent we get connected to.
Due to high demand of Rupay card nowadays...Sbi card dont want to loose even a single worthy customer whether the cost for retention is LTF or card fee reversal...I have made my 2 sbi card LTF by this tips...Raise request after 1 month for the same..

Last edited:
Due to high demand of Rupay card nowadys...Sbi card dont want to loose even a single worthy customer whether the cost for retention is LTF or card reversal...I have made my 2 sbi card LTF by this tips...Raise request after 1 month for the same..
Does retention team change card network? Can I change BPCL VISA to BPCL Rupay?

Does retention team change card network? Can I change BPCL VISA to BPCL Rupay?
As of now ...SBI Card is not allowing to change the franchise of any of the card in their inventory.That is the only reason they are leveraging the closure requests with LTF/Fee reversal...In this Rupay storm,PSU like PNB and BOB set their foothold in CC market.

SBI Card knows very well that in initial stage of launching anything like UPI on Rupay, there is lots of loopholes and they want to get these fixed there after they will enter in ring...Same with ICICI also..

Last edited:
Raised a closure request on my 10/11 months old bpcl platinum card today afternoon. No call back till now.

Asked regarding ltf conversion possible citing closure service request no(SR no) via email & twitter and got a generic response.

No call back received till now.:(:censored:

Last edited:
Raised closure request on my 10/11 months old bpcl platinum card today afternoon. No call back till now.

Asked regarding ltf conversion possible citing closure service request no(SR no) via email and twiiter and got generic response.

No call back recieved till now.🫠🤔
You will get a call for sure from retention team asking the reason for the closure request...Till wait..

Raised closure request on my 10/11 months old bpcl platinum card today afternoon. No call back till now.

Asked regarding ltf conversion possible citing closure service request no(SR no) via email and twiiter and got generic response.

No call back recieved till now.🫠🤔
My callback came next day 4 PM . Wait for one day and even then call back doesn't come call cc and ask them to connect to retention team

Reactions: Rkr
Finally, I got the call.

No LTF offer for me. He said annual fee reversal is possible. My card gets 1 year completed(anniversary )only in July.
I already spend 50k in bpcl card, so I haven't gone for it.

I asked for Rupay conversion. He took a request and said, subject to realization/approval( I assume conversion may not happen- haven't heard sbi allow conversion till now. Lets see), and the result will be known on/before 15/06/23.

Last edited:
Back