• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Can Vistara Prime card be converted to LTF this way. Thinking of taking but not sure yet.

Has anyone tried their luck?

1 year is sufficient..Try once more after 15 days...Kindly read the threads throughly to get the idea about how to proceed .
Thanks, followed the method in thread posted, customer care executive told offer not currently available.

• Hehe
Reactions: Rkr
Thanks, followed the method in thread posted, customer care executive told offer not currently available.
I think something is going on with the BPCL Octane card. Previously, it was quite easy to upgrade to an Octane Card with just a phone call. In my case, I even saw the upgrade offer in my app, but I ended up upgrading by contacting customer care. My suggestion to you is that if, after 15 days, they haven't converted it to a LTF card, don't be disappointed and try to get the annual fee reversed.

Disclaimer: It's just my opinion. 😁

I think something is going on with the BPCL Octane card. Previously, it was quite easy to upgrade to an Octane Card with just a phone call. In my case, I even saw the upgrade offer in my app, but I ended up upgrading by contacting customer care. My suggestion to you is that if, after 15 days, they haven't converted it to a LTF card, don't be disappointed and try to get the annual fee reversed.

Disclaimer: It's just my opinion. 😁
Ok, thanks.

Tried LTF, but due to less number txns they giving fees wavier only, told to call after charges applied they will reverse.

will try to ask for LTF again when calling..

What is that 1st service request meaning??

card: simply click , completed on year this month. very few txns only..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-10-14-00-18-41_87b2c207f6954c2a0fe6b457a6e14ebb.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-10-14-00-18-41_87b2c207f6954c2a0fe6b457a6e14ebb.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Today raised closure request from app. Within 1minute got call from SBI CC . She asked for the reason to close the card. I said i have CASHBACK,simply click, BPCL im paying annual fee for all this cards. So i don't want to pay for this all cards. I want to close BPCL. She said that we can give annual fee reversal for every year. I said close the card or make it LTF. she said that your not eligible for LTF for this card, only annual fee reversal for every year. I need to call Every year and ask For reversal. Only this option you have. Still if you wish to close the card I can process your request. I said ok for annual fee reversal. Is she tricked me? 😐 Or is it ok with anual fee reversal for every year?

Today raised closure request from app. Within 1minute got call from SBI CC . She asked for the reason to close the card. I said i have CASHBACK,simply click, BPCL im paying annual fee for all this cards. So i don't want to pay for this all cards. I want to close BPCL. She said that we can give annual fee reversal for every year. I said close the card or make it LTF. she said that your not eligible for LTF for this card, only annual fee reversal for every year. I need to call Every year and ask For reversal. Only this option you have. Still if you wish to close the card I can process your request. I said ok for annual fee reversal. Is she tricked me? 😐 Or is it ok with anual fee reversal for every year?
Try again after few days. 😜

Is it sbi bpcl octane ?

Back