• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

SBI customer care used to be good,now it became very bad.I raised the request to close my SBI Elite card,6 months back.No one bothered to respond,they simply closed the card.I was hoping for a call back,so that I could ask them,to transfer my credit limit to my other SBI card,Simply click.No one called me,they closed the card.

I have SBI's IRCTC Rupay + Simplyclick card. Already spent more than 1 lakh on Simplyclick (so qualifies for fee reversal this year) and spent similar amount on IRCTC Rupay as well.

Raised a closure request for the IRCTC variant. Received their call in 30 minutes.

They did not agree to make the IRCTC Rupay LTF, told me I will get fee reversal this year (should happen next month), but they made the Simplyclick LTF.

The customer service rep told me "LTF offer is available for your Simplyclick". I accepted and will call again after 2 weeks and try for IRCTC LTF again.

Simplyclick is less than 1 year old. IRCTC Rupay is more than 3 years old - always got fee reversal on this one.

Update the outcome here..
I tried raising closure request on app, but it's asking to clear dues first. Tried calling customer care, but he also said to clear dues.

Don't want to take risk with clearing dues, considering this is going to be my main card after axis and hdfc devaluations 😅.

I tried raising closure request on app, but it's asking to clear dues first. Tried calling customer care, but he also said to clear dues.

Don't want to take risk with clearing dues, considering this is going to be my main card after axis and hdfc devaluations 😅.
First raise the card closure request then do some transaction then they won't be able to close without clearing the due and you can convince retention team for LTF.

My simplylick is just one year old, Got this card on 20Aug,2022. Today is 25 August 2023. Sbi has not charged any annual fee yet. Spent approx 67K in that card. Should I give card closer request to make it LTF? Or it will be too risky?

Reactions: NCD
My simplylick is just one year old, Got this card on 20Aug,2022. Today is 25 August 2023. Sbi has not charged any annual fee yet. Spent approx 67K in that card. Should I give card closer request to make it LTF? Or it will be too risky?
You will be charged in 13th statement.

Back