• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

I called CC as per them Credit Limit transfer facility is not avilable now. I want to transfer limit from my simply click to Cash Back Card before trying for LTF. Please guide.

Got Annual Fees reversal for SBI BPCL Octane card.
Annual fee was charged in this month statement. I paid the bill on the same day and called CC to close my card. They redirected the call to retention team who offered me fees reversal and affirmed that by next year, you will get an LTF offer until that you can keep using your card.
Happily accepted the annual fees reversal. Got reflected immediately in the SBI card app.

I read up to page 7-9, and then I thought, 'Alright, I've got a little idea.' So, for me, I've completed two years with SBI Simplyclick, and the reversal for the second-year fees will be done next month. The only card left to consider is SBI Cashback, which I haven't used much. I couldn't complete the 2 lakh spend, just a mere 30k spend, as I used other cards more. The third week of October marks the date for the next year's renewal, and the second year of SBI Cashback will begin. Just like most of us, this card was 'first-year free.' Now, what should I do?" @Rkr do provide your insight and other fellow members.. thank you for reading.

I read up to page 7-9, and then I thought, 'Alright, I've got a little idea.' So, for me, I've completed two years with SBI Simplyclick, and the reversal for the second-year fees will be done next month. The only card left to consider is SBI Cashback, which I haven't used much. I couldn't complete the 2 lakh spend, just a mere 30k spend, as I used other cards more. The third week of October marks the date for the next year's renewal, and the second year of SBI Cashback will begin. Just like most of us, this card was 'first-year free.' Now, what should I do?" @Rkr do provide your insight and other fellow members.. thank you for reading.
For SBI Cashback Card ,its difficult to make it LTF but you may try for fee reversal by placing the closure request.I have not hear/seen anyone who made the SBI cashback card LTF.The most they can offer is the fee waiver though i am not sure.But suggesting you may try and if at any time they are not agreeing for LTF or fee waiver then take back the request with retention team.

For SBI Cashback Card ,its difficult to make it LTF but you may try for fee reversal by placing the closure request.I have not hear/seen anyone who made the SBI cashback card LTF.The most they can offer is the fee waiver though i am not sure.But suggesting you may try and if at any time they are not agreeing for LTF or fee waiver then take back the request with retention team.
But suggesting you may try and if at any time they are not agreeing for LTF or fee waiver then take back the request with retention team. - once i placed closure request and then someone from sbi cs call me and let say LTF option isn't available or annual fees can't be reversed cause it won't charged in the first place then i should ask CS to connect me with retention team? will SBI CS agreed to that? and when should i calla after exactly 1 month is left or 9am/11 am in the morning? or any time throughout the day.

But suggesting you may try and if at any time they are not agreeing for LTF or fee waiver then take back the request with retention team. - once i placed closure request and then someone from sbi cs call me and let say LTF option isn't available or annual fees can't be reversed cause it won't charged in the first place then i should ask CS to connect me with retention team? will SBI CS agreed to that? and when should i calla after exactly 1 month is left or 9am/11 am in the morning? or any time throughout the day.
CS will not do anything..Only Retention team has authority to modify the account type and its charging...You can place closure request by app/website or via customer care.Withing few hours you will get call from retention team to check why you want to close the card...Here you have to act in way to convience him/her for LTF/Fee reversal..They will tell you whether it ia possible or not ?
If things are not going as planned then just say them on call that leave the card cancellation/clossure as of now ,i will decide on this later.
Try to do this in mornings hours between 8-9 AM and make sure you are availble to take calls within next 3 -4 hrs by retention team.

CS will not do anything..Only Retention team has authority to modify the account type and its charging...You can place closure request by app/website or via customer care.Withing few hours you will get call from retention team to check why you want to close the card...Here you have to act in way to convience him/her for LTF/Fee reversal..They will tell you whether it ia possible or not ?
If things are not going as planned then just say them on call that leave the card cancellation/clossure as of now ,i will decide on this later.
Try to do this in mornings hours between 8-9 AM and make sure you are availble to take calls within next 3 -4 hrs by retention team.
ok will follow this tactics and post whether it work or not in day or two. 8am/9am I'm in the gym expect on Sunday ,so would place card closure request and i hope SBI don't call instantly during my workout..

Reactions: Rkr
I spent an hour, reading the whole thread and my understanding is that no one was able to get the annual fee waived for SBI Cashback Card, forget about getting the SBI Cashback as LTF. My renewal is early next year and I really don't want to spend 999+gst for a card which even doesn't have a lounge access.( YES! t3 international lounge slapped it on my face) Moreover I hold some very good cards and they all are LTF so I want to keep my record of all credit cards without annual fee. What are my options here? Should I try for annual fee waiver? or Just close the card? I heard closing the card is not good for CIBIL, probably degrade ? OR just try to take the annual spends nearby 2 lac 😁

Got Annual Fees reversal for SBI BPCL Octane card.
Annual fee was charged in this month statement. I paid the bill on the same day and called CC to close my card. They redirected the call to retention team who offered me fees reversal and affirmed that by next year, you will get an LTF offer until that you can keep using your card.
Happily accepted the annual fees reversal. Got reflected immediately in the SBI card app.
Annual fee reversal with GST?

SBI Cashback card.

Got the card on Sept 16 last year. Placed closure request in August retention team called asking why. I said pathetic limit and too many exclusions post launch

They asked me to use one more month as my fees would not be put on statement till then I said no and asked them to close.

They called back in 2 days stating fees is waived off. I had 90K spends in the year. And increase my credit limit from 30k to 60k

Now I don't have this on email that the fees is waived or not but I don't see any charges on my statement or in the app yet

SBI Cashback card.

Got the card on Sept 16 last year. Placed closure request in August retention team called asking why. I said pathetic limit and too many exclusions post launch

They asked me to use one more month as my fees would not be put on statement till then I said no and asked them to close.

They called back in 2 days stating fees is waived off. I had 90K spends in the year. And increase my credit limit from 30k to 60k

Now I don't have this on email that the fees is waived or not but I don't see any charges on my statement or in the app yet
Fee is charged directly in statement following the anniversary date. Has ur statement got generated after 16th September?

Last bill was generated on sept 13th due on 2nd October. I think my card probably was generated on 13th last year First transaction was on sept 16th hence mentioned that date earlier.

No fees in that statement or currently on my card for upcoming month.

Last bill was generated on sept 13th due on 2nd October. I think my card probably was generated on 13th last year First transaction was on sept 16th hence mentioned that date earlier.

No fees in that statement or currently on my card for upcoming month.
if card account open/statement date is 13th Sept then annual fee will be charged on 12th Oct in the next statement date 13th Oct.

Last edited:
Back