• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

So, should I raise a card closer request now? Btw I have only one sbi card, If this one is closed will I get same card again? Or at least same annual fees card by new application? Expert advice needed, please
Look bro if there is any outstanding they will not close your card while talking to retention team ask them to make this card LTF if they didn't budge then demand annual fee waiver amd give this card a chane one more year.
So that your one and only card would not be closed.

I have SBI's IRCTC Rupay + Simplyclick card. Already spent more than 1 lakh on Simplyclick (so qualifies for fee reversal this year) and spent similar amount on IRCTC Rupay as well.

Raised a closure request for the IRCTC variant. Received their call in 30 minutes.

They did not agree to make the IRCTC Rupay LTF, told me I will get fee reversal this year (should happen next month), but they made the Simplyclick LTF.

The customer service rep told me "LTF offer is available for your Simplyclick". I accepted and will call again after 2 weeks and try for IRCTC LTF again.

Simplyclick is less than 1 year old. IRCTC Rupay is more than 3 years old - always got fee reversal on this one.

Update: last week I emailed them asking if my Simplyclick is LTF and they replied in positive.

Yesterday, I raised request for closure of my IRCTC Rupay cc and they called within 30 min. I clearly told him that I am using the card for 3+ years and now that my spends are low on this card, I cannot continue it. So he checked for 2 minutes and offered me LTF if I decide to continue. I accepted.

Will email them for written proof 5 days later.

I have received SBI cashback card 1 months back. I spent 6600 rupees for shopping and this month statement they charged me joining fees of 1178.82 rupees. So can I use this trick to make the joining fees reversal. Do this trick work? @Rkr

Reactions: Rkr
yes most probably they will reverse ... pls update here , waiting for joining fees to be charged
Aisa bhi ho sakta hai card 1 mahine purana nhi hua request dal di aur unhone close kar diya toh...mujhe toh lagta hai 1 saal pura na hone tak aisa trick apply karna risky hoga.

Aisa bhi ho sakta hai card 1 mahine purana nhi hua request dal di aur unhone close kar diya toh...mujhe toh lagta hai 1 saal pura na hone tak aisa trick apply karna risky hoga.
Yes, it would be risky. They do not take closure request if any due is outstanding. In worst case they might take joining fees and close your card. If you are willing to take the risk, you should get in touch with the retention team ASAP if you are not getting the call within 10-15 mins upon submitting the card closure request and rest will depend on your negotiation skill.

I have received SBI cashback card 1 months back. I spent 6600 rupees for shopping and this month statement they charged me joining fees of 1178.82 rupees. So can I use this trick to make the joining fees reversal. Do this trick work? @Rkr
Lol people r afraid of putting request even after 1 year with 6 lakhs of spends. And u r asking after 1 month with 6k spend 😅.

Lol people r afraid of putting request even after 1 year with 6 lakhs of spends. And u r asking after 1 month with 6k spend 😅.
Why should they bother when they are spending 6 lakhs per annum? Their fees will be waived off anyway as they are spending more 2 lakhs per annum. 😄

Back