• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

LOL you went till here. Why did not you ask there
Because, I don’t have the login credentials in hand.. :ROFLMAO:
and don’t have the time for follow up questions as it was very late in the night..
Wanted to start fresh the next day.
Shall I do it now sir? Or you don’t want?

How much was your spend last year ?
I will ask ILA and come back to you soon , to be precise !!
Here it is, as promised…especially for you mate @ARV .. thanks for your patience and waiting for my reply without hurry..

My ILA says, it is around 6.29 L for the last one year..I think I have opened this card September last year..and this number is approximately correct..

1698134233137.png

Here is the Cashback summary for the year..

1698134457560.png

This SBI CB card had been great for me for the last one year going by the numbers attached above and moreover..
It is LTF now ..this LTF now is a cherry on the cake..
Can’t ask for more from SBI
I am a happy SBI customer , not expecting anything more than this
Even if they devalue now I am okay

Last edited:
Hey, I had one small doubt. What happens if they deny ltf and close the card? Would I be able to ask them to reopen it by calling next day ?

Has anyone experienced this ?

Also I've crossed the fee waiver amount for this year and my renewal is in March 2024, should I try in March even though I won't be charged fees ?

My card is simplyclick, expect yearly spend to cross 3 lakh+ for the year. Any chance of ltf then ?

After anniversary, just call them and ask for LTF , they will do it straight away for your Simply Click.. no need to close and ask
Ohh just call customer care ? No need to go through card closure via app ?

Sorry I'm repeating but I'm finding hard to digest that's it's so easy as I've been following this thread off and on from start 😅😅

That would be great if true 🥳🥳

Sorry I'm repeating but I'm finding hard to digest that's it's so easy as I've been following this thread off and on from start 😅😅

As said by cc : min. 6 months req for a card to convert to ltf

They will do it easily for simply click and also you spent well already. Try after one year it will be definitely done

Here it is, as promised…especially for you mate @ARV .. thanks for your patience and waiting for my reply without hurry..

My ILA says, it is around 6.29 L for the last one year..I think I have opened this card September last year..and this number is approximately correct..

View attachment 33219

Here is the Cashback summary for the year..

View attachment 33220

This SBI CB card had been great for me for the last one year going by the numbers attached above and moreover..
It is LTF now ..this LTF now is a cherry on the cake..
Can’t ask for more from SBI
I am a happy SBI customer , not expecting anything more than this
Even if they devalue now I am okay
Bro either you are rich 🤑 or you are a pro rotator/manufactured spend master.
But I think you are rich .. 🤑🤑

Don't take me otherwise. It was just a joke. Actually I don't see rich people very frequently 😂😂😝.
There is nothing to take seriously in your post.. I am just explaining the facts..
When we live in facts there is nothing to worry about and no need to worry about what others think of us..

Rich people are also normal people once mostly..there is nothing special.. they are also people..

Back