• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

There is nothing to take seriously in your post.. I am just explaining the facts..
When we live in facts there is nothing to worry about and no need to worry about what others think of us..

Rich people are also normal people once mostly..there is nothing special.. they are also people..
You have changed my perception about Rich people.
My whole life was a lie ....
Now I also want to become rich one day ...
Mereko bada hoke Ameer banne ka hai .. 😎😎

Ab ye Ambani bambani ka teel nikalega re tera Faizal .... 😝😝

They also know that cb card is no good for sale time instant discount. So getting it converted to LTF is easier. Any card upto 3k fee in sbi can be converted to LTF after one year usage
good to know..
even though it is not useful for instant discounts, it is still a great card to have for miscellaneous online spends..
This is the best CB card right now in the market..

This realisation itself is a big thing.. Live in reality , aim for betterment and live life fully the way you want and love..
Don't compare with others... Have a happy life...
Bro, look at the wisdom you have got ... a poor person can not even thing abouit such things ... Thats why I called you rich at the first time.
I am impressed and motivated at the same time.
BTW whatever you said is 100% correct and I also follow the same. Stay happy with whatever you have and dont compare with others.
Have a good day bro 😋😉

They also know that cb card is no good for sale time instant discount. So getting it converted to LTF is easier. Any card upto 3k fee in sbi can be converted to LTF after one year usage
actually this is person to person, I already discussed it in detail with SBI CC and they told me that if the LTF offer is available then only you get it.
I have already spent more than 2 lakh but they have not accepted my request. Although I have not used the card closure request and keeping it as a last resort.
I was told to use the card more and then check if I get LTF offer. They can check it in their system for eligible customers. Thats why they give instant LTF conversion to some people as they are already eligible for LTF and there is no role of CC customer care team in it.

actually this is person to person, I already discussed it in detail with SBI CC and they told me that if the LTF offer is available then only you get it.
I have already spent more than 2 lakh but they have not accepted my request. Although I have not used the card closure request and keeping it as a last resort.
I was told to use the card more and then check if I get LTF offer. They can check it in their system for eligible customers. Thats why they give instant LTF conversion to some people as they are already eligible for LTF and there is no role of CC customer care team in it.
Bro what i think
1. That the cc person gets an incentive for successful retention without providing any benefits to the customer
2. A lesser incentive for successful retention by waiving the annual fee
3. A much lesser incentive for successful retention by converting to ltf

IN MY POV
I am not an expert. It might be dumb or illogical.

I would suggest you to give it a shot by placing closure req (i am not forcing you)
I also said @S S V
He did and was successful.. I also read in this post somewhere someone made it with less than 2L spends (got both annual fee returned and LTF)
If your card is more than 1year, you can try
Surf before the waves stop.

I would suggest you to give it a shot by placing closure req (i am not forcing you)
I also said @S S V
He did and was successful.. I also read in this post somewhere someone made it with less than 2L spends (got both annual fee returned and LTF)
If your card is more than 1year, you can try
Surf before the waves stop.
The last line motivated me so much that I placed the card closing request right away.
If they close my card without giving any offer or converting the card to LTF then I will hold you responsible (just kidding)
😀😀

there is no role of CC customer care team in it.
Actaully this is to large extent is correct.. Only retention team can give you LTF or if it is already marked as eligible in the system...

When is your renewal is due? If it is already more than one year old then you can place the closure request.. They will definitely call you before closing..
If they don't you can call them and ask for rentention team.. or cancel your closure request...
It will take 5 days before the actual closure...

Actaully this is to large extent is correct.. Only retention team can give you LTF or if it is already marked as eligible in the system...

When is your renewal is due? If it is already more than one year old then you can place the closure request.. They will definitely call you before closing..
If they don't you can call them and ask for rentention team.. or cancel your closure request...
It will take 5 days before the actual closure...
got the card in Oct 2022 so I will receive annual fee in ths month and it will get reversed next month. But I called them for LTF and they took request for annual fee reversal (some old lady picked up the call and she herself was not sure about the process). So I am not expecting anything good from them if I place the closure request now. I have around 1 lakh payment in next 3 months and I was thinking if they may consider LTF after this spend then I will make the request again.

Reactions: SSV
got the card in Oct 2022 so I will receive annual fee in ths month and it will get reversed next month. But I called them for LTF and they took request for annual fee reversal (some old lady picked up the call and she herself was not sure about the process). So I am not expecting anything good from them if I place the closure request now. I have around 1 lakh payment in next 3 months and I was thinking if they may consider LTF after this spend then I will make the request again.
good plan .. .

Do you think denying converting ltf once can decrease the chances of converting it ltf in future if asked again

The last line motivated me so much that I placed the card closing request right away.
If they close my card without giving any offer or converting the card to LTF then I will hold you responsible (just kidding)
😀😀
Would you believe me if i say .. I placed closure request for it before my first statement generated 😂😂
They said me they cant convert any of my card to ltf
1. Simply click 4 month old (2L spends till now)
2. Cashback 1 month (25k)

They said try again after 6 months .. Cards are eligible for ltf minimum atleast after 6 months

Not necessary to spend like crazy.. Even timely payments and regular user get ltf

Thats all for SBI LTF .. I rest my case here

Back