• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Mere se sbi wale bol rahe hai
Fees to de hi chuke ho, avi kyu band karva rahe ho, agli saal annual fee lagne se pehle close karva lena, tab tak use karlo
Bol rahe hai isme aapka nuksaan hoga,
Aap kahe to close kar deta hun
Had hai yr..
Agar offer hota to woh itna bolte nahi hai. Unko koi extra incentive nahi milta fee reversal bacha ke ya LTF hone se rukwa ke 🤣

i have a year old sbi cashback card. already crossed 2 lakh spends last year so no fees was levied.

paid the outstanding dues including unbilled ones.

requested the closure via app. select other fees as reason. got retention team call within an hour. requested them to make it LTF saying that my benefits outweigh the charges and have many other cards with better benefits. she said so the fees are sole reason for you to leave?

i said yes, kindly make it ltf, see if this is within your powers( ego massaging) and voila she did it.

so yes guys cashback card can be LTF too.

she gave me the SR number and told me by 30th it will be done. when i asked her for email confirmation, she told me to send an email to customercare@sbicard.com after 30th and they ll send me confirmation then n there.

fingers crossed .will update

i have a year old sbi cashback card. already crossed 2 lakh spends last year so no fees was levied.

requested the closure via app. select other fees as reason. got retention team call within an hour. requested them to make it LTF saying that my benefits outweigh the charges and have many other cards with better benefits. she said so the fees are sole reason for you to leave?

i said yes, kindly make it ltf, see if this is within your powers( ego massaging) and voila she did it.

she gave me the SR number and told me by 30th it will be done. when i asked her for email confirmation, she told me to send an email to customercare@sbicard.com after 30th and they ll send me confirmation then n there.

so using the card closure is the last resort and may be the best option available at the time.

I just mailed. Got the SR number and status as PCT ID To be changed. But my credit limit increase request is repeatedly getting rejected. Need to request again with the context of card closure.

Anyone tried this trick of closing their card and making it LTF via retention team for 'SBI BPCL Octane' card ? If yes, what was your age of card, limit and usage?

Recently I started noticing SBI cards. Though their cards are chargeable it looks like a lot of good benefits, rewards and a good range of selection. If you get waiver, fyf or LTF then it is bonus. Overall impressive cards they got. I need to apply a few of them.

actually this is person to person, I already discussed it in detail with SBI CC and they told me that if the LTF offer is available then only you get it.
I have already spent more than 2 lakh but they have not accepted my request. Although I have not used the card closure request and keeping it as a last resort.
I was told to use the card more and then check if I get LTF offer. They can check it in their system for eligible customers. Thats why they give instant LTF conversion to some people as they are already eligible for LTF and there is no role of CC customer care team in it.
So it is not common for everyone. Based on spends, card age, and other conditions maybe

So it is not common for everyone. Based on spends, card age, and other conditions maybe
Exactly. So for all SBI Card holders, think twice before placing a card closure request.
If your spends are enough to make it free/fee reversal then no need to try this LTF trick because they may close the card after discussion with you.
Or to be on the safer side, make some transactions between card closure request and receiving a call from retention team.
In my case I'm going to wait for another 6 months before trying any tricks on my cashback card as the available benefits are far more than getting it as LTF.
After another devaluation the card would be useless anyway.
No need to panic and FOMO for LTF SBI cards.
Have a good time 😊😊

Exactly. So for all SBI Card holders, think twice before placing a card closure request.
If your spends are enough to make it free/fee reversal then no need to try this LTF trick because they may close the card after discussion with you.
Or to be on the safer side, make some transactions between card closure request and receiving a call from retention team.
In my case I'm going to wait for another 6 months before trying any tricks on my cashback card as the available benefits are far more than getting it as LTF.
After another devaluation the card would be useless anyway.
No need to panic and FOMO for LTF SBI cards.
Have a good time 😊

Finally converted my simply click to lifetime free. Thank you TF community 😉
Age of the card and transaction avg annually?

Back