• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Today opened a request for card closure for SBI Cashback from app. Before I could blink got a call from SBI Cards.

I tried to pursuade them to convert my card to LTF but the bossy lady didn't budge.
Only got Annual Fees reversal out of the 20 minutes of bickering.

Not my lucky day. 😑
Was the fees reversal done easily or also it took lot of convincing? How old is ur card, spends so far?

Was the fees reversal done easily or also it took lot of convincing? How old is ur card, spends so far?
Fees reversal was done easily, I was being pesky to convert it to LTF.
I was one of the first batches to get the Cashback card, I got it physically on 10th September 2022. My spends on the card was around 1.8 lakhs before the renewal date.

Fees reversal was done easily, I was being pesky to convert it to LTF.
I was one of the first batches to get the Cashback card, I got it physically on 10th September 2022. My spends on the card was around 1.8 lakhs before the renewal date.
Thanks, with your spends I think they should have done ltf, I think u should try again after some time, experienced members can suggest more

Thanks, with your spends I think they should have done ltf, I think u should try again after some time, experienced members can suggest more
I think I'll try again. They have given me meagre 39000 limit and not even increasing after submitting income documents.
The retention team lady was very bossy and annoyed, I don't know how she's in the job. Totally pathetic.

I think it all depends on the person on the other side.

I think I'll try again. They have given me meagre 39000 limit and not even increasing after submitting income documents.
The retention team lady was very bossy and annoyed, I don't know how she's in the job. Totally pathetic.

I think it all depends on the person on the other side.
Similar issue with me, on octane card my limit is 2 lakhs, in cashback card they have given meagre 20k, it is the lowest limit among all my cards, I don't know how will I be able to extract benefit out of such low limit.

Similar issue with me, on octane card my limit is 2 lakhs, in cashback card they have given meagre 20k, it is the lowest limit among all my cards, I don't know how will I be able to extract benefit out of such low linit
When did you get your cashback card? Have you tried for manual LE?

Today opened a request for card closure for SBI Cashback from app. Before I could blink got a call from SBI Cards.

I tried to pursuade them to convert my card to LTF but the bossy lady didn't budge.
Only got Annual Fees reversal out of the 20 minutes of bickering.

Not my lucky day. 😑
If you are pre approved for LTF then only they accept it.
It all depends on spending habit.
Moreover a lot of people are using this trick now.
The first lit got it easily, by this time SBI people came to know about the reality and they are not accepting the trick anymore.

It all depends on spending habit.
Nothing like that, I hardly used my Ola CC but it was converted to LTF

The first lit got it easily, by this time SBI people came to know about the reality and they are not accepting the trick anymore.
Nothing like that too.. if offer (fee reversal or LTF or both) is showing in your account, you will get it definitely without saying a word.. otherwise not
Did it very recently (LTF on one and Fee reversal on the other)

Nothing like that too.. if offer (fee reversal or LTF or both) is showing in your account, you will get it definitely without saying a word.. otherwise not
Thanks for clarification.

I thought I missed the bus.
When should I try again?

It is for no annual fee for next year or reversal of annual fee which was charged previously?
Has anyone tried with Vistara credit card??
Any reversal possible?

I think it has something to do with your employer and city

Thanks for clarification.

I thought I missed the bus.
When should I try again?
Now but in your case there isn't any LTF offer on your account as you mentioned previously, so no use of trying again for LTF

It is for no annual fee for next year or reversal of annual fee which was charged previously?
Has anyone tried with Vistara credit card??
Any reversal possible?
vistara wont be LTF at best you will get retention bonus of cv points depending on card
Vistara can be LTF or Fee Reversal or both, but then I guess you will lose on the complimentary ticket/silver status renewal
Nothing like CV points retention bonus in case of SBI

Back