• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

If you have already achieved milestone, chances of getting LTF gets reduced

However, if you have another paid SBI you can always suggest/request to make either one LTF
Just have this, and applied yesterday for SBI CB
Praying that gets approved, and this somehow becomes LTF

Holding SBI BPCL Octane, less than 1 year old.
Just got message that I hit 3L spends and I got milestone voucher
Any luck for me? Should I mail them or call the customer support?
I want this card to be LTF so I can take Cashback card..
Let it complete 1 year, try around 15th or 16th month. System might show them ltf option.

Most of the ppl who got it converted to LTF had the card for over an year. You can always request a fee waiver, whose probability is much higher than LTF
I contacted SBI today for CB CC LTF, retention team said this can be availed after 1y6m only.. Bank will update the CONTRIBUTATION VALUE of member/card after 1y6m only now its not reflecting like that they said.. already availed fees wavier on march, will try in OCT for LTF..

Now option for CARD CLOSURE Request via app option removed?

I had a very low Credit Limit SBI Vistara Prime Card. I called up to close the same. Retention team offered 1) Annual Fee Waiver of this year (it was billed in March 2024); 2) Life Time Free (LTF) card; & 3) Limit Enhancement post sending 2 months salary slip to customer care. Did the same, they increased the limit to 3L+ now.

Earlier I thought that they don't make Co-branded Cards LTF, but they are doing now. I am not sure if this is the case with only Vistara (since it is going to be rolled out or completed migrated soon). Any one else done this in recent past?

I had a very low Credit Limit SBI Vistara Prime Card. I called up to close the same. Retention team offered 1) Annual Fee Waiver of this year (it was billed in March 2024); 2) Life Time Free (LTF) card; & 3) Limit Enhancement post sending 2 months salary slip to customer care. Did the same, they increased the limit to 3L+ now.

Earlier I thought that they don't make Co-branded Cards LTF, but they are doing now. I am not sure if this is the case with only Vistara (since it is going to be rolled out or completed migrated soon). Any one else done this in recent past?
How old is your card?

My SBI Cashback credit card is LTF.
Simply called the customer support, asked them to close my card, call forwarded to retention team in native language, asked about the query, I said I want to have it as LTF, they initially said no and offered credit limit increase + fee waiver for next year, but finally convinced them to say yes for LTF. Now I have requested for credit limit increase and the same was processed successfully.

Simply called the customer support, asked them to close my card, call forwarded to retention team in native language, asked about the query, I said I want to have it as LTF, they initially said no and offered credit limit increase + fee waiver for next year, but finally convinced them to say yes for LTF. Now I have requested for credit limit increase and the same was processed successfully.
Did they ask any documentation of Credit Limit increase?

How old is your card

Now sbi helpline guys have become extra smart. I called for card closure and requested for LTF. He said he is taking the request for LTF and confirmed the details. But he just raised closure request and closed it. LTF conversion or PCT id change was never raised. I confirmed the same with Twitter support.

Now sbi helpline guys have become extra smart. I called for card closure and requested for LTF. He said he is taking the request for LTF and confirmed the details. But he just raised closure request and closed it. LTF conversion or PCT id change was never raised. I confirmed the same with Twitter support.
In early 2023, I asked for Simply Save to BPCL upgrade. They said 2 request will be generated, Simply Save closure and BPCL upgrade. They closed simply save and rejected BPCL upgrade.

Outstanding rakhna tha immediately after call. Or did he close on call itself

Back