• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Now they are closing the cards through call as well. One of my friend tried calling only and the card got closed. That's why I am requesting to try this after 2 months once it cools down, as lot of people are trying this trick and all SBI agents are now aware and therefore not entertaining this requests.
True, many impatient people lost their cards, I heard about few cases too.
So, Try for LTF, if not given take the annual fee waiver, And don't try this trick often.

Last edited:
Reactions: NCD
one of my friends lost an SBI cashback card with this trick. DONT try this method now
no body can close the card without your consent. Just not put closure request. Either directly call retention team or drop a mail requesting for conversion to LTF. They will call you.

I reached this page after I googled "pct id to be changed sbi card" to understand the meaning of that request made for me.

BTW here is my story.. I wanted to close my SBI Cashback card as I will get an Annual fee charged on the September 2024 statement, So I emailed them(16 June) asking to proceed to close this Credit card mentioning a thanks note that I enjoyed using this card and before i ended the email I added that I am closing this card only as it is Chargeable and if its LTF i would consider to continue with this card.

After a day, got a call from SBI(18 June), The agent (Ramiz) directly asked if I was fine to continue with the card if offered as LTF.. I confirmed and he raised request for me- "PCT ID To Be Changed", The Credit limit stays the same for me and currently my card is LTF.

Feels good to have SBI CASHBACK card as LTF. Cool. :cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
we have reviewed your request and currently we can't convert your card to LTF due to internal policies
Did they say anything about retention offer? If not just try to call customer care once and ask them for retention offer. They should connect you to retention team.

Please note that, you should not agree for card closure at any point of time during call if they do not agree for LTF.

Did they say anything about retention offer? If not just try to call customer care once and ask them for retention offer. They should connect you to retention team.

Please note that, you should not agree for card closure at any point of time during call if they do not agree for LTF.
Nothing about retention offer, as i didn't mentioned anywhere that i will be closing the card. I will try the same way after few months. My spends will be >2L, so no need to worry about the charges this year

I dont know whether it makes any difference I called the SBI Cards helpline last week with Chennai STD Code. A CC executive in tamil talked with me I said like I will get Annual Fees in 2 months so not interested to continue this card since I got a new LTF card from different bank so kindly cancel it.

He said will you retain this if we make it LTF I said sure he connected me to retention team where the person said we will convert it to LTF and in 2 days it was made LTF.

P.S: entire conversation with both the executives was in Tamil so anybody who knows tamil can maybe try

I dont know whether it makes any difference I called the SBI Cards helpline last week with Chennai STD Code. A CC executive in tamil talked with me I said like I will get Annual Fees in 2 months so not interested to continue this card since I got a new LTF card from different bank so kindly cancel it.

He said will you retain this if we make it LTF I said sure he connected me to retention team where the person said we will convert it to LTF and in 2 days it was made LTF.

P.S: entire conversation with both the executives was in Tamil so anybody who knows tamil can maybe try
Its not about tamil SBI generally consider giving LTF for 1.5 to 2 years old card in retention offer for cards of fee upto 1500.

I was given fee waiver for my cash back card during 1st anniversary and LTF before 2nd anniversary as retention offer.

Number koodhu pa

Today I tried for my 2 years going to complete on 09july 24 for simplyclic card for fee reversal around 09.44 am agent very peacefully asked why you want to closed card I said too many paid cards so no Need to continue initially he said let me check after 10 minutes hold said you have offers for fee reversal let me try after 2 minutes recieved card closure request message he kept on hold for next few minutes please tell me sir out of 3 card all you want to close or which one I said if you able to take fee reversal please tell me for card closure I will confirm.

He replied as sorry your card is too old no offers available so I can't entertain you please tell me card no I will raise closure request for same.

Problem is that we can't spend now less than 10 RS for card activation to check or other site due to Amazon recent restrictions in gift card purchases any how I made 10 RS gift card purchases from my friend ac its active now till now .

It seems scary any time sbi can do anything last year this process was smooth now seems difficult.

Anyhow card has no outstanding now its difficult online where to make minimum spends to keep cards active.Before card tockanization were counted now no.

Any how moral of story seems fees reversal with cc guy not works anyone please share experience @Rkr kindly suggest.

I am adding sms & request screenshot I received without my consent I immediately disconnected call & made purchases for card remain active.

Screenshot_20240702-121023_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20240702-121705_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Last edited:
Today I tried for my 2 years going to complete on 09july 24 for simplyclic card for fee reversal around 09.44 am agent very peacefully asked why you want to closed card I said too many paid cards so no Need to continue initially he said let me check after 10 minutes hold said you have offers for fee reversal let me try after 2 minutes recieved card closure request message he kept on hold for next few minutes please tell me sir out of 3 card all you want to close or which one I said if you able to take fee reversal please tell me for card closure I will confirm.

He replied as sorry your card is too old no offers available so I can't entertain you please tell me card no I will raise closure request for same.

Problem is that we can't spend now less than 10 RS for card activation to check or other site due to Amazon recent restrictions in gift card purchases any how I made 10 RS gift card purchases from my friend ac its active now till now .

It seems scary any time sbi can do anything last year this process was smooth now seems difficult.

Anyhow card has no outstanding now its difficult online where to make minimum spends to keep cards active.Before card tockanization were counted now no.

Any how moral of story seems fees reversal with cc guy not works anyone please share experience @Rkr kindly suggest.

I am adding sms & request screenshot I received without my consent I immediately disconnected call & made purchases for card remain active.

View attachment 59467

View attachment 59469
What were ur spends on the card for 2 years? Did u finally get fees reversal or not?

Back