• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Today I tried for my 2 years going to complete on 09july 24 for simplyclic card for fee reversal around 09.44 am agent very peacefully asked why you want to closed card I said too many paid cards so no Need to continue initially he said let me check after 10 minutes hold said you have offers for fee reversal let me try after 2 minutes recieved card closure request message he kept on hold for next few minutes please tell me sir out of 3 card all you want to close or which one I said if you able to take fee reversal please tell me for card closure I will confirm.

He replied as sorry your card is too old no offers available so I can't entertain you please tell me card no I will raise closure request for same.

Problem is that we can't spend now less than 10 RS for card activation to check or other site due to Amazon recent restrictions in gift card purchases any how I made 10 RS gift card purchases from my friend ac its active now till now .

It seems scary any time sbi can do anything last year this process was smooth now seems difficult.

Anyhow card has no outstanding now its difficult online where to make minimum spends to keep cards active.Before card tockanization were counted now no.

Any how moral of story seems fees reversal with cc guy not works anyone please share experience @Rkr kindly suggest.

I am adding sms & request screenshot I received without my consent I immediately disconnected call & made purchases for card remain active.

View attachment 59467

View attachment 59469
If you know Tamil try the Chennai Customer Care number the moment I said I have received another Credit Card which is LTF so I want to close it they said we will make this LTF will you continue holding this card if its LTF?

I was like sure if its LTF then I wont close

If you know Tamil try the Chennai Customer Care number the moment I said I have received another Credit Card which is LTF so I want to close it they said we will make this LTF will you continue holding this card if its LTF?

I was like sure if its LTF then I wont close
How old was your card and what were the spends?

It depends on agent's knowledge, your credit card usage/history and LUCK. I called up CC for another issue and at end of call, just asked to raise a request for LTF conversion. Got it done within 2 min (however, I had sent this request request over email thrice already, and always got a decline). One decline was just a day before I talked to that agent.

Cashback is LTF now; although I was fulfilling the spend criteria for past 2 years. Feels good to be under no pressure to meet spend criteria :)
Savings is anyways much better than the fee paid.

I didn't try "THE TRICK" to threaten to close and get LTF.

Anyone here got Sbi elite LTF or fee waived for a year?

Elite is the only sbi card I have and I use it very less. Thinking of closing it when annual fee date comes. What other sbi card I can apply before then. Cash back card?

I primarily use sbi card for online sales time.

Anyone here got Sbi elite LTF or fee waived for a year?

Elite is the only sbi card I have and I use it very less. Thinking of closing it when annual fee date comes. What other sbi card I can apply before then. Cash back card?

I primarily use sbi card for online sales time.
Apply Simply Save or Simply Click. Cashback card is not eligible for online sales.

Got my fee reversed by asking the agent to raise closure request. She offered fee reversal if I continue to use the card.
Card is 3 month old and has 1.5L expenditure.

I am looking for octane card so raised card closure request. Got a callback from team and he said i can apply for octane card without closing the basic varient and converted the basic varient to ltf.
Additionally he raised for SR for Upgradation to octane visa.

Guys, as far as I’ve understood, SBI system generates an LTF offer internally if a user crosses the spend threshold. It can be accessed and executed only by the Retention Team. Is that right?
Does anyone have an idea when is the offer generated?

FYI - I have SBI cashback card which I got last year and spent more than 3L with it. It will complete anniversary year in next month on 22 Aug. When do I raise closure request?
(Now/ before 22 Aug or after 22 Aug?)

@Rkr @jack333 @SSV

Guys, as far as I’ve understood, SBI system generates an LTF offer internally if a user crosses the spend threshold. It can be accessed and executed only by the Retention Team. Is that right?

FYI - I have SBI cashback card which I got last year and spent more than 3L with it. It will complete anniversary year in next month on 22 Aug. When do I raise closure request?

@Rkr @jack333 @SSV
Chances are more in November month, as per my understanding.

@Rkr @jack333 @SSV
Don't raise via app.
.Go through customer care and do try after 22 Aug 24.

Something interesting happened. I have 2 cards - FBB & CB. Tried closing FBB last year, instead they offered a fee reversal and I can retain the reward points that comes with annual fee payment. The executive was pushing a lot and I was tired, so I said okay.

Couple of days ago I called again - told them I have not done a single transaction in last year and absolutely no use of holding this card. The executive was again pushing me a lot and tried to convince me that I can take benefits of all SBI card offers. I told him I have another card which I'm using for SBI offers. He asked me which card and then put me on hold for 2 mins.

Then he came back with an offer - fee waiver for FBB and along with it he will also convert my CB card to LTF. It was a pleasant surprise coz my plan was to close FBB now and raise a closure request for CB few months down the line to make that LTF. Now, the only thing left is to call them next year and try to close FBB one more time.

Last edited:
Holding SBI BPCL Octane, less than 1 year old.
Just got message that I hit 3L spends and I got milestone voucher
Any luck for me? Should I mail them or call the customer support?
I want this card to be LTF so I can take Cashback card..

Holding SBI BPCL Octane, less than 1 year old.
Just got message that I hit 3L spends and I got milestone voucher
Any luck for me? Should I mail them or call the customer support?
I want this card to be LTF so I can take Cashback card..
If you have already achieved milestone, chances of getting LTF gets reduced

However, if you have another paid SBI you can always suggest/request to make either one LTF

I have spent around 1.2 lakh on my cashback credit card, around 10 months old, what are chances of making it ltf? Should I wait, spend more or give it a try? @Rkr

Back